Doctors office

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It don't work that way, you are the one challenging the article, ball is in your court.

I know I have been asked questions by doctors that have nothing what so ever to do with why i went into see them....

Yup, drs along with teachers and god know who else are all part of the evil liberal agenda. You caught them. New world order forever.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Picker, I think you need a hobby. This 24 hour a day job of picking apart TNet is having a deleterious effect on your mental health. You are seeing boogeymen everywhere you turn and making up things to try and make your self feel worthy.. Do you have a metal detector yet? You should get out once in awhile!

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max
I've said this before and I will keep saying it Tougher gun laws will NOT keep guns out of the hands of the criminals! It will how ever make better targets of the rest of us. You guarentee that ALL criminals have given their guns up and I might give mine up but not before.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Picker, I think you need a hobby. This 24 hour a day job of picking apart TNet is having a deleterious effect on your mental health. You are seeing boogeymen everywhere you turn and making up things to try and make your self feel worthy.. Do you have a metal detector yet? You should get out once in awhile!

But I thought I was a paid Obama plant? This might be my full time occupation?

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've said this before and I will keep saying it Tougher gun laws will NOT keep guns out of the hands of the criminals! It will how ever make better targets of the rest of us. You guarentee that ALL criminals have given their guns up and I might give mine up but not before.

But observant doctors can prevent unbalanced people from hurting themselves or others with guns. That's a good thing, right??

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

But I think we can all agree that a doctor keeping guns out of the hands of an unstable person who might hurt themselves or others is a very good thing.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
This is completely incorrect statement. There is absolutely nothing illegal about this. These discussions are not interrogations and certainly people have the right not to answer. You also have the right to walk right out of the drs office and go somewhere else if you choose. If a dr is treating someone who they feel is completely unstable I for one am very glad if they ask about guns. This is what will prevent the next columbine or sandy hook, etc.

"""Obama Administration: "The Affordable Care Act Does Not Prohibit Or Otherwise Regulate Communication Between Doctors And Patients, Including About Firearms." In a report issued by the White House outlining the Obama administration's proposals to curb gun violence announced on January 16, the administration clarified that doctors are permitted to ask their patients about gun safety but did not create any mandate requiring doctors to do so:

Doctors and other health care providers also need to be able to ask about firearms in their patients' homes and safe storage of those firearms, especially if their patients show signs of certain mental illnesses or if they have a young child or mentally ill family member at home. Some have incorrectly claimed that language in the Affordable Care Act prohibits doctors from asking their patients about guns and gun safety. Medical groups also continue to fight against state laws attempting to ban doctors from asking these questions. The Administration will issue guidance clarifying that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit or otherwise regulate communication between doctors and patients, including about firearms. [The White House, accessed 1/17/13] """

Figured I would see if you were still stalking . . . yep.

But I'll let that pass --- Instead I'll ask you a question:

Can you really :censored: expect the answer you give to these questions to be kept away from the prying eyes of What's his name's lackies?

If anyone thinks for a second that this information is not collected with the intent of a registration of guns via what is assumed to be doctor patient confidentiality, you are dumber than a bag of bricks.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But observant doctors can prevent unbalanced people from hurting themselves or others with guns. That's a good thing, right??

But I think we can all agree that a doctor keeping guns out of the hands of an unstable person who might hurt themselves or others is a very good thing.

I think what we are trying to say is that the article is bogus. No one is going in with a cut and being questioned about their guns. And then being hauled off to a FEMA camp.

But don't you believe a doctor should ask a patient about guns if they are talking about hurting themselves or others?? Why would anyone be against this?

I'm not saying that. What I am saying is that no one is getting the third degree about their guns going to the dr about a scratch on the leg. IE this is a made up article trying to make an extremist point.

A dr WILL ask a patient about guns if that dr feels the person is a danger to themselves or others. This is not in the article. This is reality. And as I've asked numerous time I see absolutely nothing wrong with this - do you??

No ridicule, we are all heading off to FEMA camps aren't we??

Please produce proof you having proving the article is fact and not just a made up story ...??

So if a patient visits their gp and starts talking about how terrible life is and they really want to end it all or starts talking about how much they admire the sandy hook killer and they want to do the same you would not want to gp to ask that patient about guns??

Nope I think many times that people looking to take their own lives or commit terrible acts are screaming for help. We are not talking about criminals here we are talking about the greatly mental and emotionally unstable. And if only 1 percent of suicides and murders are prevented then that's a good thing in my opinion - dont you agree??

I know I've never been asked if I own a gun by my dr, have you?? Unlike the original article I highly doubt they will be asking every Tom, dick and Harry. Frankly they have a lot better things to deal with.

Please go see the Crispin. Your constant begging for vindication of your disconnected reality and beliefs actually show that you may be in need of some sort of grounding with reality.

I am not a doctor, but I have seen people in trouble.

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Please go see the Crispin. Your constant begging for vindication of your disconnected reality and beliefs actually show that you may be in need of some sort of grounding with reality.

So does this mean you do or don't believe in FEMA camps??

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Figured I would see if you were still stalking . . . yep.

But I'll let that pass --- Instead I'll ask you a question:

Can you really :censored: expect the answer you give to these questions to be kept away from the prying eyes of What's his name's lackies?

If anyone thinks for a second that this information is not collected with the intent of a registration of guns via what is assumed to be doctor patient confidentiality, you are dumber than a bag of bricks.

Aren't I on IGNORE?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, I do not buy violating the privacy or rights of millions of gun owners to find a few unstable people, it is the same as limiting free speech for 100's of millions of people because of what a a couple pro jihad American clerics might say...

The ends do not justify the means when it comes to limiting our rights...... :BangHead:

OP
OP
BosnMate

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know why the government has to have doctors ask, because I have a concealed carry and have purchased a hunting license and deer tags for close to 70 years. Don't you suppose they have at least a bit of a clue there must be a gun someplace around where I live. Anyhow, I was asked by a VA doctor. She wanted to know if I ever thought of committing suicide, and I said "no," then she asked if I had any guns. I lied, she was happy, and then she wanted to do the bend over and grab your ankles exam, and I said no to that also, but that wasn't a lie, and we went on with the rest of the exam. So the idea that doctors don't ask has had a couple of holes blown in it, because some doctors do and I don't think it's any of their business. They are doctors, heal the sick and let the cops do their job. Anyone that has a CHL or has purchase a gun in the past 30 years has had a background check. Perhaps it's time for everyone in the entire country to pass a background check. If background checks are so good, how come after about 30 years, only 60 people in the entire country have got into any kind of trouble for attempting to purchase a gun when they aren't eligible to own one. There are already laws and none of them are truely enforced. And now they want a doctor generated data base on who owns guns, which is no doubt the driving force behind it. Rush L. said something today about the BATF doing a data base, if I understood right, using Facebook to generate a data base on not on just owns guns, but also who your friends are.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
war is peace
freedom is slavery
ignorance is strength

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
What we need is a comprehensive and balanced approach, not some bureaucratic mumbo jumbo, but a real boots on the ground solution.
Something the American people, can get behind and fight for. We have sat back, and done nothing for too long.........................................................................
that made me want to puke just writing it.

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other

Just because you don't agree with him doesn't mean there is anything wrong with him.

Difference of opinion does not = mental illness.

Frank1960

Nov 13, 2009
Evans Colorado
Detector(s) used
AT Max

I agree BUT only if the patient says something or the Doctor see's distructive behavior they do NOT need to ask if we have guns at home just as a normal question.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
I think many of you guys are flattering yourselves. Unless you are talking a lot about harming yourself or others no doctor cares about your guns and no one is going to ask. And if you are then hopefully someone will ask and you will get the help needed and you will not harm yourself or others.

Does anyone think that asking if you have firearms is a bad think if you have indicated that you are thinking of hurting yourself or others???

Have any of you ever realized that you really have a "gun fixation". I could get all Freud, but I will leave it up to each of you to discover why.

OMG! LOL!

0121stockpicker

Silver Member
Aug 3, 2012
MA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I agree BUT only if the patient says something or the Doctor see's distructive behavior they do NOT need to ask if we have guns at home just as a normal question.

Completely agree. This is my only point. I can't see how anyone rational could disagree with this.

Rebel - KGC

Gold Member
Jun 15, 2007
OK; Indicators of concern for SUICIDAL IDEATIONS (aka "symptoms") that doctors/psychologists use (per TRAINING & EXPERIENCE)... Hopelessness, Anhedonia, Insomnia, Depression, SEVERE Anxiety (ANGST), Impaired Concentration, Psychomotor Agitation, Panic Attack, Severe Remorse, VERBALIZATIONS of INTENT to kill oneself or OTHERS, DEATH WISH (can't kill myself, so I'll just let others kill me); SHOULD be enough right there... HA!

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread