mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It works for me. I get to take trips and my wife will go along and I detect the beaches and water while she enjoy the beach and do what ever she wants. She has even went with me when I have gone panning for gold. There has been time whenI have gone detecting or panning for the whole weekend and she stay home or gone out with her freinds. It is great. Hope you enjoy your detecting time.....Matt

OP
OP
johnnyblaze

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
I mostly hunt colonial sites out in the woods.
Bugs,ticks,poison ivy..
That's gonna be a tough 1..
Never thought about beach hunting sounds like a good idea Matt.
John

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Buy her a MD. Then she will insist you two go out detecting. If, per chance, she does not like detecting, move on.... with TWO detectors! Life is good! TTC

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
TerryC said:
Buy her a MD. Then she will insist you two go out detecting. If, per chance, she does not like detecting, move on.... with TWO detectors! Life is good! TTC
What Terry said . You got to become friends and share interests or learn to tolerate each other's strange behavior long before you jump over the broom . Failure to do that is a perfect plan for a miserable relationship and an early divorce .
Jim

dogpound

Sep 24, 2010
southeast PA
Detector(s) used
CTX3030
my wife knows i need my "away time" out with the detector so she doesn't say anything when i'm gone all day, then i come home and go fishing all nite :laughing7: so i don't see her long enough to hear any grief :headbang:

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the warden loves metal detecting cause she finds more than me most of the time.

heartslayer2001

Oct 17, 2006
long prairie,mn
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, BOUNTY HUNTER 101
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
had to snicker abit when i read this post. marriage and metal detecting. First you need to know the girl your gonna marry. Remember this is a lifelong commitment. You and her should know everything about each other before the final i do. Sharing is part of marrying. Let her know your hobbies and things you like to do, camping , fishing, football all that stuff. Get her involved and you get involved with her hobbies. I have been married for 25 years to my third wife, first 2 didn't work cause we forgot to KNOW each other first. So now when i tell the wife, hey going detectin, she says, bye, see ya when the suns down. lol. I do alot in the spring and summer at times i leave at 4 am get home at 5 pm. Then we got into camping and now mding is way cooler cause we take off, not knowin, she does her fishin, i do my detecting. Its cool. But as i said let her know invite and likewise, sharing hobbies is away to make it work better.

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sure it works....if you 2 allow each other to have time for your personal hobbies. If you get a gal that is controlling or something, then??? :tongue3:

My hubby doesn't enjoy detecting. He hunts, he fishes, etc. and I detect. We both find our alone time to do our hobby. When on vacation, he plays in the sand and surf fishes with Nicole and I roam the beaches all day with my detector. lol

sure it can work! :)

Bluegrassriver

Oct 18, 2008
Kentucky near the Ohio River!
It can work if you get the right model. She will stay long and very lean and that's good. No weight gain issues. However, under the covers she is very cold to the touch and unless you shut her off at night there will be an occasional beep. I have been to Victoria's Secret and you can't find her there so don't waste your time. ;D

sgratrider

Sep 21, 2010
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Works for us. She swings her own and loves it. She doesn't do it as much as I do but enjoys it when she does go along.

KEVTEC

Apr 19, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectra V-3 upgraded to V3I W/ SEF 15X12 Butterfly coil, White's Vision upgraded to V3I W 12 in coil, Minelab Excaliber II, Minelab E Trac, Minelab GPX 5000, Discovery TF 900 2 box, Garrett Pro Pinpointer
I was remarried after being divorced for 24 yrs. My new wife was fascinated with my MD hobby. After showing her some of my better finds over the last 30 yrs she decided she wanted to go and watch me do my thing. It didn't take long for her to get bored watching me treasure hunt, especially when I asked her if she wanted to help. When I handed her my digger, well I don't think that's what she had in mind. So I bought her a V3 like mine since I am rather well versed in it's operation. The way I see it she goes with me about 2 out of 3 times I go hunting and I figured I would save a cpl hundred bucks a month, since she wouldn't be able to have those nails manicured as often as before. Boy was I wrong on that one, anyway we have a great time especially on the beach when I am in the water with the Excal II, and she does the beach with her V3. Actually have increased my finds by 30% compared to hunting alone. Happy Hunting. :headbang:

fmerg

Nov 1, 2008
kingston ny
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
minelab quattro, explorer se pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
when i first meet my wife she would go fishing with me as well as other outdoor activity's
then we got married and i found out she is not into the outdoors
so i would dropper of at her mothers house for a visit while i went out
this worked well for a few years then came the first child
when my first got to be about 4 we would take him fishing and i spent my time casting his pole helping him bring in his fish ect this work for quit a few years the 1st 2nd 3rd and 4th child
then came the sweet years the years were my wife would go to her mothers house and one of my kids would go fishing or md'ing with me
now is the dating years for my kids my youngest boy has found out that you need to spend most of your waking hours on the net chatting with the current gf or spending time with her
and i have found a couple of md'ing buddy's to spend some time with
the wife is still dropped off at her mothers and all is well
over the last 26 years we have learned to bounce our time between hobbies kids and each other
and i can tell you that i would do it all over again with only one change
that change would be getting a metal detector sooner :)

Attachments

• 2006.04.03-DSCF0006.JPG
    2006.04.03-DSCF0006.JPG
    89.3 KB · Views: 563
  • 2007.05.05-DSCF0228.jpg
    2007.05.05-DSCF0228.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 585
  • 2007.05.07-DSCF0270.JPG
    2007.05.07-DSCF0270.JPG
    200.6 KB · Views: 558

trainer

Feb 13, 2009
Primary Interest:
Other
Before I got married I laid down the law, I said to my wife ..on the weekends its my playing time so the only time you have me is when its raining .Now everyweekend even if it rains she does not want me around, she got used to the tranquility of the home

RiverRat3

Bronze Member
Apr 1, 2009
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You always have to have your time. My wife supports my hobby but I know when I push it to much. Although I rather be home playing with my little girl. My wife has walked with me in the fields in the summer with our daughter strapped to her just to be outside. Tried to get her interested in detecting but she grew up on a farm and her getting dirty days are over.

dtpost

Jan 3, 2011
Florida, Virginia
Detector(s) used
White's MXT,BH
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
johnnyblaze said:
Im a single guy with the occasional girlfriend but i was thinking :tongue3:
What if i did want to settle down :o when would i find the time to detect??
Especially when you first meet you spend alot of time together.....
John
Buy her a metal detector!!!!LOL

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
hand her a MD, before a ring if she digs it, she's a keeper :laughing9: :laughing9:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread