Dreams do come true WaHoo!!

ticm

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2007
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i and DFX
My heart about stopped when I dug this late 20th century tab. I had to stop and take in all it's glory. It shows what a little research and determination can do. This was my best hunt all day. So don't ever let it be said a site is all hunted out. I got this baby about four inches down with a VDI at around 31 on a Whites machine. After I dug this after about five minutes The finds just kept coming. I know there will be some naysayers out there, but it is all due to a little luck and research.

Hey keep the passion high

Attachments

• 0928001750.jpg
    0928001750.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 4,894
  • CIMG0339.JPG
    CIMG0339.JPG
    115.9 KB · Views: 4,871
Upvote 0

AussieMike

Tenderfoot
Sep 26, 2010
Sydney
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705,Garrett Pro-Pointer.
hahahaha nice one ticm. I am new to this great site and after reading your post I thought what the! These guys think a ring pull is a good find :D It is great to see like me even after doing all the research and high anticipation sometimes ( a fishing saying) you can only catch the fish that are there. In saying that I must say that is one nice ring pull mate :wink:

dfx willy

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2008
ya sure got alot of research if your going to try to find the owner! they must of cried when they lost it. congrats. willy

richm

Apr 30, 2009
Madison, CT
Detector(s) used
White's mxt Pro / Sun Ray DX / Ultimate Gray Ghost's / Lesche
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hate to burst your bubble but it looks like a cheap imitation to me. There's a lot of fakes out there. Have it checked out, I hope it's real for you. That one has always been on my wish list..Rich.

jb58

May 22, 2009
missouri
Detector(s) used
minelab equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
what an awesome find and a great conversation piece-im sure you will be dreaming about it for a long time to come! :notworthy:
i hope theres many more in your upcoming posts! :headbang:

DMN

Bronze Member
Apr 19, 2009
You know, it looks to me like part of a late 60's or early 70's doorway separator. I've heard people would link numbers of them together and hang them in their doorways to separate their rooms (principally dorm rooms and off-campus housing) . That is a piece of history I wouldn't part with. Keep looking, you may be able to find enough of them to recreate the separator.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
The patina on it is really nice. ;D

TommNJ

Bronze Member
Nov 3, 2008
NW NJ
Detector(s) used
White's IDX Pro, Garrett AT Pro
Nice Find ! :icon_thumright: Any initials on it ? Are you going to try and locate the owner ?

TommNJ

theseeker

Mar 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's Surf PI Pro Dual Field/Minelab Sovereign Elite/Goldbug II/Goldbug Pro
Ticm, Congrats !! I have to agree with you it is an older vintage one. The oval inner ring on the pull and the beaver tail date this as pre 80's vintage. Great find !!! I get so tired of finding only the small flat rectangular shaped ones that always seem to sift through my beach scoop. Definitely Banner !! Heh Heh !!

hogge

Silver Member
Mar 13, 2008
Pittsfield Ma.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T-2SE--Whites Prism IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your 1/100 of a cent worth of aluminum! :help:

Saabman

Aug 1, 2007
Detector(s) used
F75
Awesome find!! I was hoping to see one of those things other than in a museum!!!

You guy's are crack'n me up!!! Great post!

Diggermarc

Greenie
Jul 29, 2009
Timberlake,N.C.
Detector(s) used
DFX300,XLT,Fisher1266-X
Great find. I dont know if you know it or not but that is only one piece. If I were you I would be out there searching for the can that goes with it. Together they could be worth a fortune.

speedenforcer

Greenie
Aug 23, 2010
I have a sweet little honey hole that has these valuable relics by the thousands. I was going to keep this site a secret, but I can see how much you guys would love to find a bunch of these. Since I am not a greedy person, and I am new on this site I would love to get in the good graces of you fine folks, I will disclose the location of this valuable site to all those who simply mail me a ten dollar bill. Hurry up because I want to limit the amount of people I tell this to. We dont want to many people showing. the first 100 people get the info. I fully guarantee this spot to produce many, many hundreds of these artifacts.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just thought I needed to share this with everyone, but that tab is sterling silver! :icon_thumright:
That's why your detector was so attracted to it . . . it's really solid silver! I guess the
news never got released to the general public, but back in the late 20th century all soda
can manufacturers were mandated to start making their tabs out of sterling silver! :o

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a Counterfeit, :icon_scratch: I'm not saying this to be mean. :dontknow: I just know for sure its a Counterfeit, its just dose not look right its way to big and shinny for it to be real. :headbang: This is not bad because Counterfeit can be worth more than a regular one they are more rare.... :icon_thumleft:

Keep @ It and HH !! ;D :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions