Drinking and detecting: good or bad? Opinions?

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I suppose if your not walking around detecting holding a bottle of whiskey it would be ok, although the booze may slow you down if your on a big hunt in the woods

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes it does! The problem is that the shovel and detector get in the way alot! And there is the pesky transport issue. Do yourself a favor and get one of those 2 can hats with a straw.

Keep your backpack for the empties, they get in the way and you keep finding them otherwise. (Be sure to stay near a porta potty, you will thank me later)

I don't recommend more than a case for an outing though. And watch out for angry mothers, maybe you should just figure on detecting your way back home?

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Perhaps a can caddy that attaches to a detector is in order.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It sounds handy enough, but how will you transmit the nourishment all the way up to your face? Perhaps you could fill a Camelback pouch, or 6?

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know you are worried that 2 can hat will get in the way of your headphones,, but you can get some of those earbuds, No problem there.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Here you go.

51VkAlWn3IL._SS100_.jpg

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've found that the number of good finds is inversely proportional to the amount of beer I drink....

H-2 CHARLIE

Bronze Member
Dec 1, 2012
on the rocks - so cal county line
Detector(s) used
Gold bug pro / Minelab GM 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wont carry beer when im beeping but on a hot day when I stop for lunch a tall can extra cold sure does a body good , I wait for after the works done then have a oil can fosters

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I wont carry beer when im beeping but on a hot day when I stop for lunch a tall can extra cold sure does a body good , I wait for after the works done then have a oil can fosters
I love oil can fosters! Funny you call them that too. I found I usually catch one fish per beer on average so a six pack will usually supply a couple of dinners. Aaand, The bigger the beer the bigger the fish.... So if the same holds true for coins I shouldn't be drinking 12 oz beers at all...

BEER SIZE IN OUNCES/12*NUMBER OF BEERS= COINS^2

...and for the mathematicians on here, no, this equation does not hold water. It holds beer.

tim185

Jan 7, 2014
Hannibal, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love oil can fosters! Funny you call them that too. I found I usually catch one fish per beer on average so a six pack will usually supply a couple of dinners. Aaand, The bigger the beer the bigger the fish.... So if the same holds true for coins I shouldn't be drinking 12 oz beers at all...

BEER SIZE IN OUNCES/12*NUMBER OF BEERS= COINS^2

...and for the mathematicians on here, no, this equation does not hold water. It holds beer.

That's a math equation worth writing down. Love it.

roaddust66

Sep 22, 2013
Chattanooga Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Impact , Tejon . Fisher F75, Vaquero, uMaxSilver, Cibola , Delta 4000, F2, Ace350 , original Bandido
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Around here we have this stuff called Corn Whiskey . One sip and your face feels warm ! Three drinks and you might chop a finger off with your entrenching tool !!! never mixed drinks with digging !!! lol I want to keep all of my fingers ! :occasion14: The whiskey and smoke we make here are the kind that songs and legends come from ! And yes Popcorn Sutton was only one of thousands of whiskey makers and yes ! There really is a Copperhead Hollow Road !

Last edited:

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Around here we have this stuff called Corn Whiskey . One sip and your face feels warm ! Three drinks and you might chop a finger off with your entrenching tool !!! never mixed drinks with digging !!! lol I want to keep all of my fingers ! :occasion14: The whiskey and smoke we make here are the kind that songs and legends come from !

Anybody who would drink "corn squeezin's" DESERVES the consequences! lol

My father used to make that stuff in the Ozarks. They called it White Mule. If they ran out of gas, they could actually run the old Model A's on that, mixed with a little gasoline.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anybody who would drink "corn squeezin's" DESERVES the consequences! lol My father used to make that stuff in the Ozarks. They called it White Mule. If they ran out of gas, they could actually run the old Model A's on that, mixed with a little gasoline.

I second that, in my youth I played at team roping, bareback riding, I work in the oilfield drilling oil wells and I still play with power tools of all kinds. I am happy to have kept all my digits when so many around me have lost theirs! And my face is warm enough already ! Lolol
Remember ;
Beer, no longer just a breakfast food!

And, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Ben Franklin I think?

YumaMarc

Dec 12, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's MXT
Minelab Quattro
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I second that, in my youth I played at team roping, bareback riding, I work in the oilfield drilling oil wells and I still play with power tools of all kinds. I am happy to have kept all my digits when so many around me have lost theirs! And my face is warm enough already ! Lolol Remember ; Beer, no longer just a breakfast food! And, "Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." Ben Franklin I think?
Here in Honduras most locally-made booze is lumped into one group called "aguardientes". The only commercially successful one is "Yuscarán", a vile clear firewater made from sugar cane in (where else) the little town of Yuscarán. By law they can only sell the version diluted down to 100-proof or less in the markets, but you can find the "good stuff" in some liquor stores. You could literally run an alcohol lamp or blowtorch with this stuff! It's the drink of choice for true BORRACHOS!
Imagen9.jpg

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
only when your driveing

Alan Applegate

Aug 20, 2013
Roswell, NM
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, GTI-2500
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have never been to Honduras, but I have had some Yuscarán! I can say without reservation, that is taste similarly to Mescal. In other words, like CACA!

pa plateau hiker

Bronze Member
Jul 15, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The only time drinking and detecting are a bad combination is when you type something on this forum when you are half drunk. The next day, when sober, you realize what a stupid comment you made.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread