Drinking and detecting: good or bad? Opinions?

RustyGold

Gold Member
Aug 16, 2013
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XP Deus I & II
Xterra Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Great Post!
Here's to Ya!.jpg

OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Here in America we now smoke the medical herb. Not only will you be able to stand up, but you will also be able to laugh and eat Doritos while detecting your way to better health!

This turned into the vices thread. Excellent!

lisfisher

Mar 5, 2008
CT
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari
Minelab Excalibur 2
White's classic 3sl
Garrett Infinium
Garrett pro pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here in America we now smoke the medical herb. Not only will you be able to stand up, but you will also be able to laugh and eat Doritos while detecting your way to better health!

LOL! I could see it now...getting out of the car and walking to your spot just a few yards away might seem like a major accomplishment, equivelant to a trip to the wilds of Borneo.

Fletch88

Silver Member
Mar 7, 2013
Valdosta, GA
Detector(s) used
Garrett ATPro- 8.5x11, 5x8, CORS Fotune 5.5x9.5
Tesoro Silver microMax- 8 donut, 8x11 RSD, 3x18 Cleansweep
Minelab Excalibur ll- 10" Tornado
Minelab CTX 3030
Minelab Xterra 305
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
2nd that !!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Today I only found crap for 2 hrs...

Walked to the car and cracked open a Harpoon beer in 20 degree weather...

Decided to give a last go and found 2 early 50's Wheat Heads and an old gaming token from a fair.

A Beer renewed my optimism and warmed me up...

Limitool

Gold Member
Jun 9, 2013
Middle TN. area
Detector(s) used
White XLT Spectrum E-Series
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Last spring when I started to explore my undocumented cave again that I discovered in 94' my mind was reeling even after 9 years later. Then one day I packed back 6 ice cold Coors Lights beer and entered the cave (mountains were still blue). The more I sat their and thought the smarter I got. Then after (45 minutes-3 beers) things started to become more clear as I looked around. Then I had a moment of clarity (we all have it) and then another beer (blue mountains were fading fast). I finally got some "liquid courage" and entered a tight area. Bobcats be damned.... Then the cave thread died.

FYI: I brought out everything including my empty bottles (promise). I'm going to look for Indian artifacts this spring and other items soon. And yes I'm taking some beer!

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I only found crap for 2 hrs... Walked to the car and cracked open a Harpoon beer in 20 degree weather... Decided to give a last go and found 2 early 50's Wheat Heads and an old gaming token from a fair. A Beer renewed my optimism and warmed me up...

A heartwarming tribute to the can do spirit of beer! Thanks for renewing my faith in the hops!

When life is beatin you down and all you are finding is a pull tab or 2,, remember the power of beer!(and fresh batteries)

coinbug

Jul 22, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher Goldbug
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get drinking and fishing. Even drinking and hunting from a blind.

But, while drinking and detecting is probably better than, say, drinking and jogging, I don't think they go together well. Pretty soon, I'd reckon, drinking would get the upper hand.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get drinking and fishing. Even drinking and hunting from a blind. But, while drinking and detecting is probably better than, say, drinking and jogging, I don't think they go together well. Pretty soon, I'd reckon, drinking would get the upper hand.

:laughing7: Who in their right mind drinks DURING a jog? Potential spill danger! That's why someone called it jog, right? And the Fizzles don't go down that well!

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
Let's see, just what's in a beer anyhow.

Grain.
Wheat.
Hops.
Barley.
Pure sparkling spring water.

Nope, nothing but a dose of pure health food here.

I don't know why it gets such a bad rap.

Drinking.gif

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scrappy

Scrappy

Gold Member
Mar 6, 2014
17th century
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
A heartwarming tribute to the can do spirit of beer! Thanks for renewing my faith in the hops! When life is beatin you down and all you are finding is a pull tab or 2,, remember the power of beer!(and fresh batteries)

Pull tabs were pretty much what I found before, and a 1965 quarter (1st year clad).

wvplug

Mar 2, 2014
Randolph County, WV
Detector(s) used
AT Pro and Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey ya'll!!! WATCH THIS. :headbang: YEEEEEEEEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeee HAAAAAAAAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! :blob8: :tard:

ryaan21

Apr 17, 2007
Gladstone, Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 Garrett GTAx 550, Teknetics Delta 4000, Teknetics T2, Teknetics Omega 8000, Garrett AT Pro, Whites Coinmaster GT, Fisher CZ70 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wouldn't drink while detecting but in the past I have been known to smoke a little wacky tabacky while detecting. It is relaxing.

Bum Luck

Silver Member
May 24, 2008
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2SE, GARRETT GTI 2500, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get drinking and fishing. Even drinking and hunting from a blind. But, while drinking and detecting is probably better than, say, drinking and jogging, I don't think they go together well. Pretty soon, I'd reckon, drinking would get the upper hand.
Yeah, I thought at first you wrote drinking and logging. I know guys that do that, but I never worked with em. When I drink, I like to concentrate on it, and then I find I do a better job of it.

Here in Honduras most locally-made booze is lumped into one group called "aguardientes". The only commercially successful one is "Yuscarán", a vile clear firewater made from sugar cane in (where else) the little town of Yuscarán. By law they can only sell the version diluted down to 100-proof or less in the markets, but you can find the "good stuff" in some liquor stores. You could literally run an alcohol lamp or blowtorch with this stuff! It's the drink of choice for true BORRACHOS! View attachment 959026

Tried this stuff once - to clean paint brushes. Disolved the bristles.

Last edited:

gusser

Dec 23, 2013
Central Penna
Detector(s) used
copper dowsing rod and a smaller 1 for a pinpointer.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
DUI means-------- Detecting under the influence.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread