Duckys Thread - Georgia Panning and Prospecting.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I have one of those mixing tubs, but i use it for my drain pan when i change oil..... I was just thinking. i might just bring in a tub and put it in the bathtub.... Cant believe i didnt think of that yesterday....

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well here is the bathtub setup. sucks that most of my sand is frozen solid.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420775895.931800.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1420775908.065576.jpg

Welp here are the results of 3 pans from the same bucket. Also the panning video has had this gold in it

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am glad I got to meet you last night .Hate it was so cold. Next time we can plan a little better,with a little more time .Maybe I can show you a place or two,that's close.I have a lot of material for building sluices,can get some 1/4 or5/16 punch plate as well.I'll round you up a care package.With small creeks ,flow will be a problem. Have you seen the hog pan? That would be easy to build .could do it out of aluminum .might work. Give me a call later.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It was good to meet you too. And yes it was down right blistering cold. That wind was terrible on top of it. I'm looking forward to this "care basket" your are getting together. Really wanting to try gravity dredging or atleast using the hose to siphon enough water to get more flow so I can run something other than my small AM sluice. I can pan faster than I can sluice with that thing

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ducky..I like your panning technique..keep that up and you won't
lose a speck..:occasion14:

You didn't use the same tub you use for draining oil, didja? ???

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Lmao no I didn't, this is a shipping tote I got from work. I didn't know I even had technique but I have to be careful. All the gold we have here is tee niny tiny

JohnRichard

Dec 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow! Good for you. Three creeks into one and I guess in north Georgia, right? I've been to Delawniga (sp) and to the Gold and Gem Grubbin mine and high banked in the creek and found some nice gems and good gold. I'd like to buy some property there in gold country so I would always have a good place to prospect. Here in southern Ohio, (Ironton) tristate of OH/KY/WV there is very little gold, all flour if anything. Would love to make it down there sometime, now that I am retired from the Post Office over in Ashland, KY. You might want to pan a little gravel from each of the three to see where most of the gold is coming from too.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Villa Rica is in west GA about 25 miles from alabama. Its all tiny gold here too. I found which creek has the best gold and thats what ive been working. But when im pulling 60+ hour work weeks and have 2 kids, its hard to get out. When i do get out, i get a few hours and thats about it :(. Should be hitting the creek alot more this summer assuming i dont have the luck i had last summer....

JohnRichard

Dec 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'll just believe good luck for you this year! This cold snap fits because it is Jan. That gold belt runs from VA clear into AL. It's glacial gold up here.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
So strickman her eon the forums and i met up again last night and exchanged some stuff. Gave him some legs to build himself a small stand with and he game me WAY more in value than what i brought to the table... i feel kinda bad about it actually. he gave me some dredge cons, some nice galvanized metal for building my own sluice with, and a section of 2" hose to test my gravity dredging idea. That being said, im not familiar in purchasing hose. If my gravity dredge idea does in fact work, i was looking at this one Ebay. Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal? I saw thats its smooth inside the pipe itself.

2" x 25' Flexible PVC Water Suction Discharge Hose Clear w White Helix | eBay

strickman

Bronze Member
Jan 27, 2008
Villa Rica georgia
Detector(s) used
gold bug pro,garret,whites,tesoro,bounty-hunter,,.....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Don't feel bad . I wasn't wanting anything, glad to help.But thanks a lot for the legs .They are perfect . I've been welding a lot of aluminum lately - might be able to get a frame built soon.They will be exactly what I need for levelers.I need a better set up for running my cons. Check this place out I remember hearing about them on another thread. http://www.dultmeier.com/prod-search.php?searchstring=Kanaflex PVC Suction Discharge Hose

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got my new pan in today. Thanks GoldenMojo for sending it my way! ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1422369834.043487.jpg

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Awesome.
I hope you find some awesome au this season

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I am amazed it made it there as I packaged and addressed it while standing in line at the post office. Didn't want to lose my place in line. Hope you fill that thing with lots of glittering gold and post some pics. Good Luck.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
For those not in the gem and geology forums, thought I'd share my new rock tumbler I build from a printer. 2lbs worth of paint running on it for the test video

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's totally awesome duck. Way to be inventive!!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I love it! Your drawing board' must be amazing to gander upon.

Cant wait til your next gold outing :)

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Built one of those last month and can warn you from experience that those little electric motors burn out really easy...don't overload it like I did!

Good news is that old printers are free so making another is no biggie.

PS did you harvest the gold from the printing mechanism?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread