Duckys Thread - Georgia Panning and Prospecting.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man, when it rains, it poors! The transmission in my Honda took a royal dump over the weekend. Lucky for me my brother owns a dealership and let me borrow a car until i can buy a new one. Cost of repair on my honda was WAY more than the car is even worth. On top of that my wife may have cancerous polyps in her uterus and is having some liver function issues. Got a HUGE datacenter move for verizon wireless this weekend, which is going to require my normal workday friday (7:30 - 6pm) then leaving straight from here to go to the datacenter to work until the job is done. should be done by Sunday morning around 3am. Sorry i have not been on much in the gold recovery posting. It has been a very busy year working around 60+ hours a week. Will try to free some time up when i can to go test out this pan i got from Mojo.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Man, when it rains, it poors! The transmission in my Honda took a royal dump over the weekend. Lucky for me my brother owns a dealership and let me borrow a car until i can buy a new one. Cost of repair on my honda was WAY more than the car is even worth. On top of that my wife may have cancerous polyps in her uterus and is having some liver function issues. Got a HUGE datacenter move for verizon wireless this weekend, which is going to require my normal workday friday (7:30 - 6pm) then leaving straight from here to go to the datacenter to work until the job is done. should be done by Sunday morning around 3am. Sorry i have not been on much in the gold recovery posting. It has been a very busy year working around 60+ hours a week. Will try to free some time up when i can to go test out this pan i got from Mojo.

Wow, sorry to hear you're dealing with all that. Sounds like you have your priorities right though...good luck.

Dain8404

Jan 31, 2013
Colby, KS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey duck, im currently located in beaufort sc (about 4hrs away). I have read some of your posts. Hope things get better for ya soon. But if you would be interested, i have a gold cube and a bazooka mini and prospector. If interested id love to meet up with ya in your neck of the woods to do some prospecting if you know of any public places. I dont want you to think im tryin to take your prime spots lol. Anyways, if this seems ok to you that would be awesome! I dont have anything for me here to prospect and you know the area. I could bounce some ideas off you and get some input. Win win i think. And if it would possibly work out for ya, imayleave the bazooka mini with ya if your interested and it works for your application. I dont use it hardly at all. The wife tinkers with it from time to time gem grubbing.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
If i ever make it out closer you way hell yeah! Got to free some time up first...

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just ordered the 30" sniper about 30 seconds ago. I cant wait to get this thing wet and catchin gold! hopefully works well for my four gold i have in my immediate area. i would love to hear any suggestions you guys have for running this in the creek. Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I just ordered the 30" sniper about 30 seconds ago. I cant wait to get this thing went can catchin gold! hopefully works well for my four gold i have in my immediate area. i would love to hear any suggestions you guys have for running this in the creek. Thanks in advance!

Good luck my Friend I wish you the best as always

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ducky's Thread - Georgia Panning and Prospecting.

Running your new Sniper:
1. Run, do not walk to nearest creek. ;)
2. Setup Sniper and adjust so rocks the size of golf balls (at least!) are cleared by the water flow and gravity. Build dam,etc as needed if water is flat or slow. Sluice may be entirely underwater or not, it doesn't care. Sluice may be flat or quite steep, it doesn't care.
3. Shovel directly into sluice, shaking part of shovel full onto sluice at a time.
4. Repeat until tired, hungry and happy :)
5. Dump sluice into 14" pan. Pan down a bit or just take home to process.

...you will notice I never mentioned a classifier or a bucket. Leave both at home!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Should I run my tailings through another sluice until i understand the angle and water speed for the tubes to fluidize properly?

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No. As long as golf ball size rocks (or even larger!) are clearing by themselves and you let the deck clear between shovels you'll be fine. You'll know the bed is locked up if a sort of comets tail of fine material forms coming upstream from the grizzly. If you see that, you need more flow, more steepness or both.
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1426719219.275318.jpg

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Heck Yeah Duck!! That sluice will be your new best friend. Like Kevin says, it's hard to mess up running that sluice! Run steep and deep! Get that gold!

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey Ducky! I can't wait to hear how you like that sniper on your thread!

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You and your family are in my family's thoughts. Be well

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Surgery went great. All polyps removed. Other than the severe nausea from anesthesia there were no complications. We should here back Tuesday about the possibility of cancer from said polyps. Thanks for all the support!

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Well it's here! Can't wait to put this thing in the water. The only part I'm worried about is how deep I need to get it. The creek I'm working is kinda shallow. Maybe I'll dig a section out and tarp it. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1427727434.544644.jpg

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Build a dam so you get some drop and depth both. My honey hole creek is only 2" deep ...until I put up a little dam!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread