Duckys Thread - Georgia Panning and Prospecting.

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Great easter gift! Im so glad for you and Yours

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Taking a day off Thursday to hit the lake for some fishin' and the creek to test out my new BGT! Wish me luck guys, I'll try and get some video

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here is the video from today. I will post clean up pics soon.

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ducky looks good. Force feed that thing for hours and then post the results.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Started the clean-up process last night. im about a 1/4 the way through my concentrates. i really need a garage with some lights.... it got dark on me last night.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
That's awesome Duck!. Glad you and your sniper are having such a good time together. That's a nice dam you built To make the best of your water source. I haven't been out in seven weeks and I'm hoping to go out Saturday or Sunday supposed to be sunny and 72. Woo hoo!

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Can't wait to finish my clean-up! Looks promising so far. Did that look like good enough flow? Curious if I lost any gold from lack of fluidization in the trap

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
4" Dalke Original Compact Dredge, 36" BGT Prospector, 30" BGT Sniper, D&D/Brawn Super Concentrator and Highbanker top, Brawn/D&D finishing table, pans and more!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I would say that was enough flow as long as you kept feeding it at about the pace you were. Sometimes with that little bit of flow you do have to clear the grizzlies by hand. Did you check the trap with your finger to see if it was still fluid?. One thing to be remembered, it does work great and low flow but you could probably give that box four hundred percent more water and it would still do a great job for you. An amazing super versatile sluices.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I mean I could push my finger to the bottom of the trap but I didn't feel anything moving around my fingers. Should I?

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
As long as you didn't have to force your finger in, it was perfect! I have never felt the stuff in my traps move, but "I get the gold!"

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
about half way done with the cons from my BGT outting. should be done today. Not sure if maybe i wasnt in as good of a spot as i thought or i was losing some out the back from not dumping the trap as soon as i should have.

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
You should be able to go a few hours between dumping the trap with that sniper. FYI:)

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Here they are. The BGT got me my biggest villa rica gold ive every personally seen (right by the dime in the right picture)!

IMG_1263.JPG IMG_1264.JPG

425jesse

Feb 10, 2013
Mountlake Terrace
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Addicted to bazooka yet buddy?:). That is a very nice day and a sweet chunky!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread