Duckys Thread - Georgia Panning and Prospecting.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Lincolnton North Carolina
Detector(s) used
30" Bazooka Sniper, Drop Riffle sluice box.
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hmm, better go back and keep digging!

goldenmojo

Bronze Member
Dec 9, 2013
N. California
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Prospector-Sniper-Supermini Thanks Todd & Chris, Goldhog Multisluice Thanks Doc, My Land Matters Thanks Claydiggins, 6 Senses
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Dig Deep.......

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Total weight was .16g which is my highest one day take from villa rica GA. Gotta give props to the BGT. That's the most material I've moved in one outing.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ducky, is there a public park or something to pan in Villa Rica? Don't want to crowd your honey hole of course but anything you can share?

allenkeeton

Jun 26, 2014
cartersville, GA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
The state of Ga. has pretty much locked down anything over pan and shovel unless you are on pay to play, private land, of GPAA lease. However if you just wanna pan there are a few spot in villa rica that seem promising enough. past that, i rarely went through that area for much. Just my 2 cents.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There are no public areas IN villa rica that allow you to pan that i am aware of. There is however the gold museum at Pine Mountain in villa rica. Here they have a panning station which is all salted. The guy who runs it told me it all comes from the yuba and other areas. I am on private property. If anyone would like to give me some company some day, i would be happy to request from the landowner. Im sure he doesnt care anyhow.

GrizzlyGremlin

Nov 17, 2012
Of course my my experience in the blue ridge tells me that them god ole boys get away with "quite the banter" in those mtns.
Although these days it seems like eyes are everywhere...sigh!

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Got out during the flood waters today. Found my first Villa Rica sepcimen and some more topaz. i was on the gold today. pics to come. i only ran for about an hour. the water in that tiny creek was so strong i could barely stand up. its amazing anything was on my shovel when i pulled it out of the water. Cant wait to show you guys my hours worth take!

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Today's take. Haven't weighed it yet. ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429490311.656330.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1429490326.560212.jpg

allenkeeton

Jun 26, 2014
cartersville, GA.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I was told awhile back that panning near bridges, or any state or federal land was allowed. Pans only though. Don't mess with the buffer along waterways. But just cause you can run a pan in the designated zone, doesn't mean there will be anything of value there.

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice work Ducky!..
respect-062.gif~original

My guess is you've got .06 or .07 gr.

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
well i was out in the rain yesterday. Just glad i wasnt in this! just took this video about 10 min ago!

OP
OP
Duckwalk

Duckwalk

Mar 21, 2014
Detector(s) used
Various Gold Pans
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Caution Non Gold Related Post:

Backstory: In my late teens i took quite a serious interest in blacksmithing. i found someone here in Georgia to teach me and show me the basics. I have been in contact with this same gentleman since the day i met him. I used to do demonstrations and apprentice this guy at the Renaissance festival and the stone mountain pioneer days. I had to sell all of my equipment to make a house payment after we had our second child.

Present Day: Got a call from my blacksmith master yesterday and he told me he is about to upgrade his production Forge and was wondering if i would like to take his current one off of his hands "for a while". Naturally i said OF COURSE! He is also going to set me up with another anvil since i sold my last one. Its amazing the people you meet and stay in touch with and how the world aligns all of these things to help us get back to what we love doing. As soon as i get it, i will be adding some of my 'smithin' projects to my journal posts. Cant wait to get back into it! Got to make all my tongs all over again and a few other tools before i can even think about doing anything serious. More to come!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread