dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I'm still looking for another truck. Fishing lures continue to sell well.

There is a scrap yard up the road. I think I'll run up there and try to buy a couple items I know will so well on eBay...

sent from a potato...

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That would be good. My dad has done that before, but every time I am down there hauling a load, there is nothing good. Of course, I don't just sit down there and look around. It is a relatively small scrapyard. There was a 1967-1972 chevy truck down in it before and the cab was mashed flat. We shook our heads at the waste. The next day my dad went back and they had it pulled up to the top. A guy was getting the motor and transmission out of it. I was proud to see that at least that didn't go to junk.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
That would be good. My dad has done that before, but every time I am down there hauling a load, there is nothing good. Of course, I don't just sit down there and look around. It is a relatively small scrapyard. There was a 1967-1972 chevy truck down in it before and the cab was mashed flat. We shook our heads at the waste. The next day my dad went back and they had it pulled up to the top. A guy was getting the motor and transmission out of it. I was proud to see that at least that didn't go to junk.

It's a shame at the good stuff getting scrapped. I always see a few things that make me wonder why. I did score $205.00 in scrap for my last carcass as he came right up and got it. I also scored a nice cup holder for a second generation ram. Gave five bucks for it and just got done cleaning it up. I am going to start an auction of $55.00 buy it now and see how it does...

sent from a potato...

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice! It also amazes me at what goes to the scrapyard. Actually, several of the junkyard guys have said that scrapyards are killing them on the 1973-1979 ford trucks. So many are crushed. We try to grab every one we find for parts price.

Listed 4 tonight, 24 sales in June so far!

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yeah, I've learned what ships easy and brings good money on the second generation rams. I know those seventies fords are quite popular as well...

sent from a potato...

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, they are pretty popular. I think I mentioned it earlier, but it is funny that you can sell things on eBay that no one wanted locally, sun visors, emblems, etc.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yeah, they are pretty popular. I think I mentioned it earlier, but it is funny that you can sell things on eBay that no one wanted locally, sun visors, emblems, etc.

Absolutely, most of the older trucks around here are rusted out. But the interior pieces are not sun baked and are usually in good shape. I have shipped most of my parts to southern states where they have no rust...

sent from a potato...

OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listed 1 item. Golden Finger picker is having a live hangout on you tube, check him out. This is not me, just guys I found on you tube. HH

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've got another lure lot bidding up. There are 6 watchers right now with 3 people bidding. It is up to $16, but I have had 2 people send a message and ask if they could buy it now. That is rare for me. Who knows, goes of tonight about 8 central time if you guys want to watch it. It is a lot of including a big o and 2 poppers. The bad part is, I can't tell what they're seeing that is good in the lot. I mean, I figured they may bring $15 at the most, but by the way it's looking, they may go good. Fine with me though. :laughing7:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Listed two tonight including the cupholder. Sold the cupholder in less than an hour for $55.00!!! Not bad for a $5.00 investment!!

sent from a potato...

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job! I got a lot more inventory today (mainly lures) so I listed 15 tonight. That lot is up to $36.99 with 7 watchers. Let's hope it goes up farther!

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay, this is ridiculous. It went for $257.88 at the last 2 seconds. Just to be honest, I am waiting on the cancel transaction request.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Okay, this is ridiculous. It went for $257.88 at the last 2 seconds. Just to be honest, I am waiting on the cancel transaction request.

WOW!! Excellent!! I hope buyer follows through with the transaction.

sent from a potato...

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Me too. The more I read up and talk to people, the more I think he will. If not, I've got a guy 10 cents under him. They said it was a rare color chugger heddon spook. It will be going priority with insurance if he pays. :laughing7:

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
By the way, I watched it go off. You talk about having a heart attack in that last second. :laughing7:

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm watching it now. Good luck, maybe it will sell like mine, even if it is a buy it now! One of the bell housings I sold was at $100, and then I got an offer for $120. I was surprised, but then he wanted it overnighted. We eventually worked out a deal, and I still came out better than I would have!

OP
OP
palidin20603

palidin20603

Bronze Member
Jul 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Listed 1 item. I have received 3 offers today. I accepted one and am thinking of countering the other 2. Things are picking up. Need to get listing more items daily. I am buying items almost daily and have a nice back log. HH

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread