Xterra 705, Tesoro Sand Shark, Garrett Pro Pointer (mine). Fisher F2 my son's
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've regretted not accepting an offer quite a bit lately. I normally don't, but it seems to be happening too much lately probably from my lack of sales. It's okay guys, I haven't got anything new up yet either. :laughing7:

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
Excellent! Do you also sell on craigslist?

Sent from a spun out toilet paper tube (one ply)!

No, I just suffer from a horrible disease my husband calls MyLipusFlapus ... Aka .... I talk too much. ( he didn't make it up, stole it from the King of Queens)
I mention selling jewelry to the girls who work in the stores I buy in. I sell to them for cheaper than the stores do.
Doesn't work so great. 2 hours to make $14. The other time this week was 2 hours, $85. More worth it.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
This has happened to me as well, I turn down a best offer and then sit on the item regretting my decision.

41? I'll take it! I've already seen 25* a couple mornings so far!

I bought coins when they were limited edition, and waited until they got here to list them. At one point I got offered $400. I countered $425. They have been sitting with no lookers. But I'm not taking less than $425 now.
Maybe at some point, someone will get desperate to have them.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Eventually a new buyer will come along. That's why I love bin and listed as good til canceled

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sold 12 items since the 1st of Nov., 3 were auctions, the rest BIN. I took best offers on 3 of the remaining 9, the rest sold at full asking price. 2 of the offers were only 10% less than my asking price, 1 was for 35% less.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You're doing great diggummup! DieselRam, does it just pull a listing out of your amount every month on the good till cancelled ones?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
You're doing great diggummup! DieselRam, does it just pull a listing out of your amount every month on the good till cancelled ones?

No that I've run into. For hard to sell items it's the way to go

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I've wanted to, but thought it took listings each month. Oh well, I have plenty right now anyway, I think I'll try that on some stuff. :thumbsup:

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm considering ending all of my lures, mixing them in with my new inventory and putting up all new listings. Any thoughts?

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
I'm considering ending all of my lures, mixing them in with my new inventory and putting up all new listings. Any thoughts?

Not a bad idea but does sound labor intensive. Maybe offer a free mystery lure with each lot? Maybe that would spice them up a bit? Probably just as much work though.

mugsisme

Bronze Member
Jan 25, 2014
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm dumping a lot of my stuff in lots. Just spent 3 hours trying to take pictures of this huge lot. Back is hurting really bad.

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, it would be a lot of work DieselRam. I have considered the mystery lure thing, and I may do that too. I'm going to be there soon mugsisme. I've got a lot of pics to take.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Bassmaster, I picked up a old King quad the other day and I'm fixing it up for my wife to ride but I was thinking about what it's worth as parts on eBay. I could have easily tripled my investment. Have you thought about parting out other things besides trucks?

First start after five years under the tarp!
And the previous owner said motor is junk!

Last edited:

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That is something that I have thought would be a good idea, but not really done yet. My dad parted out a craftsman drill press and had a pretty good return on it, and that kind of got me to thinking about it.

It sounds good by the way. :thumbsup:

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Yeah, I have the carburetor out right now to clean. I'm surprised it even ran on the fuel that turned into varnish in the tank!

Bassmaster96

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah, I have the carburetor out right now to clean. I'm surprised it even ran on the fuel that turned into varnish in the tank!

No kidding! Did you ever list that dukes of hazard stuff?

JustinNH

Apr 10, 2012
NH
Detector(s) used
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Still hovering around 500 listings. I think I havesold around 400 items in the last 2 months, so certainly keeping busy! My average sale price is a little lower than pre-full time as I've had time to list things I would not have wasted my time on before. I can get tons of items from the Goodwill by the pound place. Of my 15sales this weekend, half came from there and cost me no more than $2-3.

dieselram94

Gold Member
Jun 17, 2011
Mid Coast Maine
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Well done Justin!!!![emoji106]

Bassmaster, I still haven't listed the Dukes stuff. I am really running in circles right now between my sons basketball, after school activities and trying to finish my house in maine and getting prepped for the coming ice age (winter!)

I promise I will do at least one item tonight.

I did set up a fake bin for someone at .99 cents just so I could get the eBay shipping discount. Went from costing almost $50 to ship this item to a little over $10! After it arrives I'll refund the .99 and get my PayPal fee back! Lol!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread