EIGHTH ANNUAL TREASUREHUNTERS COOKOUT!!!!

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Could anyone attending the cookout who is prepared to sell me a copy of Jagger's shipwrecks of the Bahamas and Turks bring it with them?

Thanks in anticipation?

You are welcome to my copy Kevin. My only condition is, that you share the info you glean from it with anyone that requests it from you. I'll bring it to the cookout. Just remind me a few days before so I'll remember to put it in the truck! I do remember that you were one of the few friends that borrowed one of my books and actually returned it. This time you are welcome to keep it. Enjoy...my friend!

Johnny

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Au......we're working on that pile for Ed, I still think we should chat about finding a way to have funds available to treasure hunters in need while we are all at the cookout.

There are a few 100% trusted individuals who could control it by forming a trustees group. I really believe there are many very wealthy individuals in the treasure field that would donate to a fund anonymously if approached in the correct way and it was properly controlled.

Just booked Jet blue to the cookout, flight cost $23 as a I had $200 credit from a cancelled return flight last time, so that's a result!

Last edited:

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Au......we're working on that pile for Ed, I still think we should chat about finding a way to have funds available to treasure hunters in need while we are all at the cookout.

There are a few 100% trusted individuals who could control it by forming a trustees group. I really believe there are many very wealthy individuals in the treasure field that would donate to a fund anonymously if approached in the correct way and it was properly controlled.

Just booked Jet blue to the cookout, flight cost $23 as a I had $200 credit from a cancelled return flight last time, so that's a result!

There is one old treasure hunter that needs all the help we could give him. It's beyond continuing the hunt and would be of no benefit to us other than knowing we take care of our own. Although most of you know to whom I refer, I'll go ahead and say that it's Dell Winders. He needs help badly and we're talking about $10,000 dollars to at least get him to where he can operate. Anybody out there that has 10 grand laying around want to help? I know there are guys out there that have more money than they know what to do with. If I wasn't living off Social Security and had been fortunate enough to have gotten lucky, Dell wouldn't have a problem. Is anyone out there willing to step up? Some of us in the past have given what we can afford and most of us don't have much. I just hope there are some of you guys that have a lot of money will help.
Aquanut John

SADS 669

Bronze Member
Jan 20, 2013
Long Island, Bahamas
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark....Aqua pulse 1B....Equinox ll
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
What we need is guys who are trusted 100% by the wealthy Treasure hunters who can chat to them on the quiet and Lo and behold maybe a fund will begin to form.

I don't believe raising the money is the big problem.......it being perceived as being spent in a "trusted" way will be the stumbling block

The cookout is the place to kick this off.....

Last edited:

Dell Winders

Jan 18, 2012
Haines City, FL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for not giving up on me!

I was all packed and determined to go to the Cookout last year. The day before I was to leave, excruciating pain hit me so hard I became incapable of doing anything for myself and ended up in the hospital again. Big mistake. The Doctors in their greed have all but destroyed me. The cumulative damage from over doses of Antibiotics is permanent.

I haven't been posting any updates because I didn't want any one to worry about me, especially over the holidays. But to be honest the past 6 months have been Hell, with many times I didn't know if I could survive the night, but I did and I am still here. I'm dong a bit better now and I can stand for 15-20 minutes before I have to lie down and ease the pain. I'm trying hard to build up my strength and Immune system again.

6 months ago I was taken to the emergency room with a blocked Urinary catheter inserted in my abdomen. The pain was more than I could bear and death was certainly an option I would readily accepted to stop the pain. I left the hospital after 2 days with less pain and very weak but determined to make it on my own. For a month afterward, and now, the hospital and the Doctor have all but forcibly threatened to get me back into the hospital. I contracted a Super Bug, that is immune to Antibiotics they say will kill me. So what do they intend to do? Give me massive doses of Antibiotics to try to kill a Bacteria that is immune to it. Their reasoning defies common sense logic. But, the problem is that Antibiotics are cumulative absorbed into the Bones and don't dissipate. Another dose of Antibiotics will kill me within days. Period. I can't go to the Hospital again because Antibiotics seem to be the only cure they know and they continue to give them without my permission. I know very well from experience the affect oral and injected Antibiotics have on me. First, the pain increases by threefold requiring more pain medication, then hallucinating, blood clots, coma, Heart attack, (twice)and Kidney failure. In addition, it destroys the elasticity in the ligaments. Both shoulders have slipped permanently out of place. I couldn't raise my right arm for 7 months. A Hernia, broke through with out any exertion and keeps dropping into my Scrotum with the testicle when I stand. I need an operation, but there is another catch 22. They want to give me killer Antibiotics to try to kill the Super Bug and prevent infection.

So now you know part of my predicament. Dammed if I don't, and dead if I do.

Financially, I've had a number of setbacks, but thanks to my Angels with Water wings, you have helped me squeak thru. The Doctors have added $200 a month for medical supplies, but that has been partially augmented by an increase in my Food Stamp allowance from a mere $1 a day to a luxurious $5 a day. I have to admit, that increase in food was great news too my stomach.

Another setback, was an Accident that wrecked my Camper Van. The bed in it allowed me to lay down and rest awhile an ease the pain when I made trips to the Grocery, or Doctors office so I am lost without it. The insurance payment was about $4000 short of being able to replace it. It was nearly 2 months before the claim was settled a week ago, and then they demanded title transfer and possession of the Van before they would pay. The State of Florida, then charged me $87 for a copy of the title it took them 5 minutes to make. I went 41 days without transportation until I ran out of groceries, and Pain medication and I had to give in. Then I bought a regular Van over the phone, sight unseen and they delivered it to me at 8 o'clock in the evening and I find I have to have some expensive work to be done to drive any distance, and of course no bed or toilet.

Please don't think I am complaining. That's life. I have a good life compared to so many other folks in this world. I feel blessed, and I am very Thankful for being able to survive, and enjoy every thing I have. I thank you for making this possible. I am going to try to get the Van ready, and get strong enough in time to go to the Cookout. I called Virginia at the motel and made reservations for April 29,30, & May 1st. Room #15. I really look forward to seeing all of you there.

Folks, please don't be concerned about my finances. If I am frugal with the Insurance money I can get by for another 2 months. By then I will think of something else. Where there is life, there is hope. Dell :hello2:

Last edited:

thetigers2

Apr 20, 2009
Homosassa,Fl.
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sovereign XS & my good old eyes...Oh and my Mischievous Mermaid a helping...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are a good soul my friend,hope to see you then...

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
A sharp eye, an AquaPulse and a finely tuned shrimp fork.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Looking forward to the Cookout. Folks, if you can help a little before the event, it will be highly appreciated I am sure!

<free bump>

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Hey Chuck -any word on sponsors/vendors/etc?
If you need some help, just shoot me a message.
Looking forward to the usual fun and frivolity with a splash of drama and a pinch of lunacy...and a shot of rum.

ropesfish

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Chuck!!
Over here!!
Would you like me to create a Facebook page and Facebook event to publicize the Cookout. It's no trouble. Let me know, amigo.
:)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread