Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
You must remember to thank the folks who are forcing the acceptance of "lesbian and gay" couples. Some of us NEVER WILL.

Not everyone is willing to accept perversion as normal ... "and THAT is a GOOD THING!!"

So, in an apparent effort to be equal, NO spousal benefits will be processed.

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
You must remember to thank the folks who are forcing the acceptance of "lesbian and gay" couples. Some of us NEVER WILL.

Not everyone is willing to accept perversion as normal ... "and THAT is a GOOD THING!!"

So, in an apparent effort to be equal, NO spousal benefits will be processed.

So you think what the Governor did was right?

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
If it were me, and you told me that ... should I process benefits for straight couples, I must also process benefits for gay and lesbian couples, EXACTLY.

You folks want to force people to accept perversions as normal. Those perversions are NOT natural, and to give them the same status as natural relationships only degrades that which is normal.

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
If it were me, and you told me that ... should I process benefits for straight couples, I must also process benefits for gay and lesbian couples, EXACTLY.

You folks want to force people to accept perversions as normal. Those perversions are NOT natural, and to give them the same status as natural relationships only degrades that which is normal.

I will not debate the "perversion" topic with you.

I asked you if you think what the Governor did was right?

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do I think what the governor did was right, in short no. Gays, Lesbians, bisexuals, don't bother me. I do believe that people are born this way. I don't think it's something that can be taught, you either are or you aren't. I am not here to judge. That's not my right, nor is it anyone else's. Live and let live. I think that many homophobes are probably closet gays themselves. I believe if a gay (or straight for that matter) couple has been together for many years in a long term relationship and one of them dies, the surviving member of that relationship should be entitled to the others benefits, regardless of a marriage certificate.

Here's a quasi related instance... True story- Father in law dies. Ex wife with whom he was married to for 10 years or so in the 1970's is now entitled to and currently collects his social security benefits because his benefits are higher then hers. Current girlfriend with whom he was with for the last 30 years is entitled to and gets nothing. Is this fair?

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Do I think what the governor did was right, in short no. Gays, Lesbians, bisexuals, don't bother me. I do believe that people are born this way. I don't think it's something that can be taught, you either are or you aren't. I am not here to judge. That's not my right, nor is it anyone else's. Live and let live. I think that many homophobes are probably closet gays themselves. I believe if a gay (or straight for that matter) couple has been together for many years in a long term relationship and one of them dies, the surviving member of that relationship should be entitled to the others benefits, regardless of a marriage certificate.

Here's a quasi related instance... True story- Father in law dies. Ex wife with whom he was married to for 10 years or so in the 1970's is now entitled to and currently collects his social security benefits because his benefits are higher then hers. Current girlfriend with whom he was with for the last 30 years is entitled to and gets nothing. Is this fair?

Thank you for saying that. Could not agree more.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting

Excellent points! Well said!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no problem with what governor did. I do not believe in state sanction gay marriages.

If that is their life style that is their right, but I do not believe in state sanctioning their marriage.

I have a neice and nephew from different siblings that are gay and they and their partners are welcome in my home.

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no problem with what governor did. I do not believe in state sanction gay marriages.

If that is their life style that is their right, but I do not believe in state sanctioning their marriage.

I have a neice and nephew from different siblings that are gay and they and their partners are welcome in my home.

If they are not state sanctioned then are you suggesting they should not be legally accepted on any level?

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Not having the state sanctioning makes them second class citizens. One rule for this group, another rule for that group. And, those rules are set by religious bias. That's something i can't agree with.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I have a niece and an uncle and a couple of cousins that are gay. Not my business, so I don't confront them about it.

On the other hand, I will never say it is "ok".

They're adults, they have to live with their choices. Just leave the children and animals out of it ... and DO NOT tell me I have to accept it.

As for the post: "I think the people who want a theocracy should move to Iran..." I do think that is a bit too much of a religious statement. You are assuming (and remember what that means) and alleging that I disagree on religious grounds.

BIG NO NO - don't need to start speaking of religion here as it is Verbotten!

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If they are not state sanctioned then are you suggesting they should not be legally accepted on any level?

Correct.....I do not believe it should be sanction by government.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not having the state sanctioning makes them second class citizens. One rule for this group, another rule for that group. And, those rules are set by religious bias. That's something i can't agree with.

You mean like lucifercare, one set of rules for congress, IRS, unions and the king and a different set for the common folk...

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I don't see the big deal myself in the same sex marriage issue. It's a piece of legal paper, period. What harm can/does it cause? I do believe in state sanctions taking precedence over federal sanctions though. That is the only thing i'm at odds with.

I have a niece and an uncle and a couple of cousins that are gay. Not my business, so I don't confront them about it.

On the other hand, I will never say it is "ok".

They're adults, they have to live with their choices. Just leave the children and animals out of it ... and DO NOT tell me I have to accept it.
Since you don't accept it, that means you don't allow them into your home? Because if you do, then you are accepting it. Just saying.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Since you don't accept it, that means you don't allow them into your home? Because if you do, then you are accepting it. Just saying.

No, in fact I direct all the business I can to my niece because the girl is a great auto mechanic. She does our service work, is always welcome in our home ... not so with my cousins, but it isn't because they're gay but rather because they deal "pharmaceuticals" on the street corner, have been involved in burglaries, etc.

The only stipulation is that she respect my feelings while she is in my home, just as I would ask of anyone else who comes into my home.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No, in fact I direct all the business I can to my niece because the girl is a great auto mechanic. She does our service work, is always welcome in our home ...
The only stipulation is that she respect my feelings while she is in my home, just as I would ask of anyone else who comes into my home.
Then you accept her and by default you are accepting her homosexuality. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Would you let a pedophile in your home? No. Would you let a thief in your home? No. Would you let a crackhead in your home? No. Why? Because you don't accept it. Getting the drift yet?

Unclebuck257

Aug 31, 2013
North Central Texas
Detector(s) used
AT Gold, Garrett Carrot PP
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have two first cousins who are gay, one is elderly and the other one who is my age years ago moved to South America where she has lived since she was 20 yrs old with her "partner". I recently made contact with a distant cousin who announced to me over dinner that he was gay. He is my age. What I told him after his announcement was exactly this.." It's not my thing, but that's your choice. Just don't swap spits with your partner in front of me and we'll be fine". You go your way and I'll go mine and you do what you want to, but when you are around me, I'd appreciate no show of affection between the two of you or I am walking IMMEDIATELY! He accepterd that and we get along fine. We have never discussed the political end of it because he is a lib and he knows I'm a conservative. We just leave al of that political discussion out of our conversations.

To me it is a perversion and I am totally against any gov't dictating to me what I should now accept as marriage EXCEPT between a man and a woman!

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
You mean like lucifercare, one set of rules for congress, IRS, unions and the king and a different set for the common folk...

No i mean gays living under a set of rules that makes them second class citizens because some don't believe in equal rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread