Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
I have a niece and an uncle and a couple of cousins that are gay. Not my business, so I don't confront them about it.

On the other hand, I will never say it is "ok".

They're adults, they have to live with their choices. Just leave the children and animals out of it ... and DO NOT tell me I have to accept it.

As for the post: "I think the people who want a theocracy should move to Iran..." I do think that is a bit too much of a religious statement. You are assuming (and remember what that means) and alleging that I disagree on religious grounds.

BIG NO NO - don't need to start speaking of religion here as it is Verbotten!

1. Religion is at the core of the objection to sanction gay rights. How many times have we heard tea party leaning politicians use the term - God said Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve? it is impossible to have a discussion of gay rights without bringing in religion. AS religious beliefs drive the anti gay movement.

2. What do you mean "leave the animals and the children out of it?"

3. gays are no different than anyone else. You don't have to live with them, you don't have to like them. you don't have to even look at them. And there are plenty of people we don't like, yet none of them live as second class citizens. Why are gays singled out for this treatment?

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No i mean gays living under a set of rules that makes them second class citizens because some don't believe in equal rights.

Just like lucifercare. One set of rules for politicians, unions and IRS, you know the ruling class and another set for the peasant class ..

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

Last edited:
OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I posted this because many here are very quick to point out when a political leader clearly has an agenda and is making decisions that are not in the best interest of everyone.

This is 100% the case with this Governor. Instead of doing what is right and putting her own personal agenda aside, she made the choice that would harm everyone equally. No one wins here, only the Governor and her agenda. To make matters worse, we actually have people who try to blame the gays for ruining it for everyone else. That is a very twisted and disgusting viewpoint for ANYONE to have.

Just trying to point out some hypocrisy when I see it.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Then you accept her and by default you are accepting her homosexuality. You can't have your cake and eat it too.

Would you let a pedophile in your home? No. Would you let a thief in your home? No. Would you let a crackhead in your home? No. Why? Because you don't accept it. Getting the drift yet?

No, don't accept her lifestyle. She is respectful towards my family, therefore we have no reason to stop being respectful towards her.

I don't accept my cousins because I not only do not respect their lifestyle, but I have no dealings with drug dealers or criminals outside of my job. My niece won't bring law enforcement to my home.

Hell, I wouldn't even associate with my uncle, and he was a pimp.

I no longer live in New Orleans because of my family. Did you know that you can attract a lot of law enforcement attention if you associate with thieves and drug dealers recreationally? I've managed to keep my nose clean except for a couple of speeding tickets. Of course, I'm only 56, so got a ways to go ...

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I posted this because many here are very quick to point out when a political leader clearly has an agenda and is making decisions that are not in the best interest of everyone.

This is 100% the case with this Governor. Instead of doing what is right and putting her own personal agenda aside, she made the choice that would harm everyone equally. No one wins here, only the Governor and her agenda. To make matters worse, we actually have people who try to blame the gays for ruining it for everyone else. That is a very twisted and disgusting viewpoint for ANYONE to have.

Just trying to point out some hypocrisy when I see it.

Ok is in the top 5 of conservative states.....She is speaking for the majority of her voters and I doubt she will catch little flack over it from the voters...

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Ok is in the top 5 of conservative states.....She is speaking for the majority of her voters and I doubt she will catch little flack over it from the voters...

TH, does that make it right? Im talking about doing what is right for everyone vs doing something (harmful) for ones own agenda.

For example, replace "gays" with "blacks" in this case. Does that change your stance?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TH, does that make it right? Im talking about doing what is right for everyone vs doing something (harmful) for ones own agenda.

For example, replace "gays" with "blacks" in this case. Does that change your stance?

Ben sorry, as stated I do not believe in Fed or State gov sanctioning gay marriage at all. Now some people say it violates their rights.

Where do we draw the line, some adults believe in marriage with children will that become the next social issue 30 years from now....

What about your own state of NJ.

(CNN) -*New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie on Friday vetoed a bill that would allow same-sex couples to wed, setting up a confrontation with a Democrat-controlled legislature that has vowed to eventually get the bill into law.

http://www.cnn.com/2012/02/17/us/new-jersey-same-sex-veto

packerbacker

Gold Member
May 11, 2005
Northern California
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Father is dying. Father marries son so son doesn't have to pay inheritance taxes on his inheritance. Let's ALL use this crap to our advantage. While working for the federal government we were told that, if we had a same-sex partner, we could add them to our medical insurance. I called the personnel office and said, "I'm straight but I have a live-in girlfriend. Can I add her to my medical insurance". The answer was no unless I filed some legal papers similar to or having to do with "common law".

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting

That's like comparing apples and oranges. While both may be human, one is hereditary (skin color), the other is a lifestyle CHOICE.

if you don't agree ... well, read the signature below.

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Ben sorry, as stated I do not believe in Fed or State gov sanctioning gay marriage at all. Now some people say it violates their rights.

Where do we draw the line, some adults believe in marriage with children will that become the next social issue 30 years from now....

What about your own state of NJ.

(CNN) -*New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie on Friday vetoed a bill that would allow same-sex couples to wed, setting up a confrontation with a Democrat-controlled legislature that has vowed to eventually get the bill into law.

N.J. governor vetoes same-sex marriage bill - CNN.com

1. You are a little confused on the NJ issue. I did not vote for him. Christie withdraws appeal of gay marriage ruling | NJ.com

2. You are ignoring my example. Im sure you can see my point but are choosing to ignore it.

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
That's like comparing apples and oranges. While both may be human, one is hereditary (skin color), the other is a lifestyle CHOICE.

Chad, that is your opinion. Do not represent it as fact because you are wrong.

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Father is dying. Father marries son so son doesn't have to pay inheritance taxes on his inheritance. Let's ALL use this crap to our advantage. While working for the federal government we were told that, if we had a same-sex partner, we could add them to our medical insurance. I called the personnel office and said, "I'm straight but I have a live-in girlfriend. Can I add her to my medical insurance". The answer was no unless I filed some legal papers similar to or having to do with "common law".

Packer, not one part of your post makes any sense.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. You are a little confused on the NJ issue. I did not vote for him. Christie withdraws appeal of gay marriage ruling | NJ.com

2. You are ignoring my example. Im sure you can see my point but are choosing to ignore it.

I did not say you voted for him, I said your gov did basically same thing.

I am not ignoring anything I told you my views on gay marriage, I am opposed to it and to any gov sanctioning of it so how is that ignoring it....

We are not talking black marrying white we are talking man and man or woman and woman, apples to oranges.

Last edited:
OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
I did not say you voted for him, I said your gov did basically same thing.

I am not ignoring anything I told you my views on gay marriage, I am opposed to it and to any gov sanctioning of it so how is that ignoring it....

We are not talking black marrying white we are talking man and man or woman and woman, apples to oranges.

You are changing the subject, avoiding a direct reply, and derailing the thread. But ok...

Jan 2, 2013
somewhere between flagstaff, preskit
Detector(s) used
Whites prism III
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
state can deny anyone anything...except federal law...and if they oppose federal law, the feds can stop any monetary awards going to that state...
the same type of arguments were used to oppose slavery....how'd that work out
oh...amazing how the same peoplewho pushed to make national guard units to be used as federal troops in overseas conflicts...now oppose national guard alignment with federal policy for the ranks.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Chad, that is your opinion. Do not represent it as fact because you are wrong.

JB, I did not attack you and say you were wrong. It is so easy for people to say "I was born that way."

Well, what if I were born fat? My doctor tries to make me lose weight and I tell him I can't help myself, I was born this way?

Fact is, that is just an excuse to do something unacceptable. No one is born any "way". They choose their path, or in the case of some who suffer from sexual abuse as children (think about the thread we talked about that on) it is the result of trauma on the psyche.

It is not natural, not a pre-existing condition at birth. It is a conscious choice whether they admit it or not.

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
JB, I did not attack you and say you were wrong. It is so easy for people to say "I was born that way."

Well, what if I were born fat? My doctor tries to make me lose weight and I tell him I can't help myself, I was born this way?

Fact is, that is just an excuse to do something unacceptable. No one is born any "way". They choose their path, or in the case of some who suffer from sexual abuse as children (think about the thread we talked about that on) it is the result of trauma on the psyche.

It is not natural, not a pre-existing condition at birth. It is a conscious choice whether they admit it or not.

Not something that is open for debate.

This time, you are simply wrong.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You are changing the subject, avoiding a direct reply, and derailing the thread. But ok...

Ben you are one who changed the parameters from gays to blacks not I...

You are also making a point of being confrontational with me too. Stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread