Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Not something that is open for debate.

This time, you are simply wrong.

So, when the health care officials tell me I need to lose weight, when they tell me I'm obese ... they are being bullies?

You know, if I can't help it, to try to force me to change is the same as asking a gay person to go straight.

Man, I love food and have a hard time passing up a good bowl of gumbo or a rack of bbq ribs ... man, don't start me thinking about bacon!

Same thing. It is a CHOICE.

OP
OP
jerseyben

jerseyben

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2010
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
This thread just took that all too familiar "turn". This is the point where I say, have a good day.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So, when the health care officials tell me I need to lose weight, when they tell me I'm obese ... they are being bullies?

You know, if I can't help it, to try to force me to change is the same as asking a gay person to go straight.

Man, I love food and have a hard time passing up a good bowl of gumbo or a rack of bbq ribs ... man, don't start me thinking about bacon!

Same thing. It is a CHOICE.

Chad, be sure to take your lucifercare birth control pills too.

We will NOT go quitely into the night!

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
That's like comparing apples and oranges. While both may be human, one is hereditary (skin color), the other is a lifestyle CHOICE.

if you don't agree ... well, read the signature below.

Chad you are wrong. It is not a choice. Any more than the color of your eyes was a choice.

Who taught you it was choice? I ask because that's a typical statement that comes from the religious right.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Chad you are wrong. It is not a choice. Any more than the color of your eyes was a choice.

Who taught you it was choice? I ask because that's a typical statement that comes from the religious right.

So what you are saying is my doctor is wrong when he tells me that my being overweight is a CHOICE, not a circumstance of birth?

BTW, I once cast a LARGE CHADEAUX.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Ben sorry, as stated I do not believe in Fed or State gov sanctioning gay marriage at all. Now some people say it violates their rights.

Where do we draw the line, some adults believe in marriage with children will that become the next social issue 30 years from now....

What about your own state of NJ.

(CNN) -*New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie on Friday vetoed a bill that would allow same-sex couples to wed, setting up a confrontation with a Democrat-controlled legislature that has vowed to eventually get the bill into law.

N.J. governor vetoes same-sex marriage bill - CNN.com

Christie is now the front runner for the republican nomination. With two years to go look for him to maintain a low profile for now. That said, like him or not, he is a smart politician. he veto'd the gay marriage bill knowing that there would be a challenge. he let the courts decide it. Knowing his court he knew which way that was going to go. Which, they struck down the ban on gay marriage. A decision the majority of the people Christie is hired to work for agree with. So, the people get what they want. At the same time he can face anti gay marriage critics in other states and tell them "hey I vetoed the bill" thus preserving a conservative stance. This preserves his inside track for the repub Prez nom. Smart!!!!

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
So what you are saying is my doctor is wrong when he tells me that my being overweight is a CHOICE, not a circumstance of birth?

BTW, I once cast a LARGE CHADEAUX.

LOL, good to see you have a sense of humor about your size.

Chad, being gay is not a choice. Any more than having blue eyes is a choice or brown hair or being 6 foot 2 inches tall.

being overweight is, unfortunately, a choice. many of have poor impulse control! Myself included.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Christie is now the front runner for the republican nomination. With two years to go look for him to maintain a low profile for now. That said, like him or not, he is a smart politician. he veto'd the gay marriage bill knowing that there would be a challenge. he let the courts decide it. Knowing his court he knew which way that was going to go. Which, they struck down the ban on gay marriage. A decision the majority of the people Christie is hired to work for agree with. So, the people get what they want. At the same time he can face anti gay marriage critics in other states and tell them "hey I vetoed the bill" thus preserving a conservative stance. This preserves his inside track for the repub Prez nom. Smart!!!!

He is a liberal in sheep clothing, he is no conservative. ..

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Just like lucifercare. One set of rules for politicians, unions and IRS, you know the ruling class and another set for the peasant class ..

OK, you don't want to give an answer to the question. Got it!

I was just wondering how you reconcile your approval of non sanctioned gay rights against the people you love being treated as subclass not worthy of full rights.

You may not approve of their lifestyle but you still love them, right? Wouldn't you like to see them be as happy as they can possibly be?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK, you don't want to give an answer to the question. Got it!

I was just wondering how you reconcile your approval of non sanctioned gay rights against the people you love being treated as subclass not worthy of full rights.

You may not approve of their lifestyle but you still love them, right? Wouldn't you like to see them be as happy as they can possibly be?

My love for them does not change my objection to gay marriage. I don't consider it 2nd class any more than I consider laws against marrying children or bigamy as being 2nd class...

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
He is a liberal in sheep clothing, he is no conservative. ..

I thought you said you weren't that far right?

Is that right out of the Rand Paul Guide to Chris Christie?

Christie is a moderate right republican.

Moderates would see him in that light, not as you describe.

BTW, did you see Paul's most recent rant against Christie? Probably not. it didn't get much play. And Christie didn't even bother to respond.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I thought you said you weren't that far right?

Is that right out of the Rand Paul Guide to Chris Christie?

Christie is a moderate right republican.

Moderates would see him in that light, not as you describe.

BTW, did you see Paul's most recent rant against Christie? Probably not. it didn't get much play. And Christie didn't even bother to respond.

Christie is a great big RINO. He helped the Scandaldaddy get re-elected. He is definitely NOT conservative, he is a leftist trying to fool the people just like the Scandaldaddy did in 08 and 12.

Nothing conservative about him beyond the "R" under party affiliation. He just needs to change that to a "D" (or maybe "DD" in his case) and be honest for a change.

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
My love for them does not change my objection to gay marriage. I don't consider it 2nd class any more than I consider laws against marrying children or bigamy as being 2nd class...

of course you don't consider them second class citizens. They are your blood. Rightfully, you love them. That's the way it should be. Nor do i consider them second class citizens. But, the state does consider them second class citizens. They don't have the same rights as you and me.

And, to make it worse - they don't have the same rights as you and me based on religious doctrine- this in a country that is supposed to be free from religion.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But, have you ever discussed this with them, to see how they view it?

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
of course you don't consider them second class citizens. They are your blood. Rightfully, you love them. That's the way it should be. Nor do i consider them second class citizens. But, the state does consider them second class citizens. They don't have the same rights as you and me.

And, to make it worse - they don't have the same rights as you and me based on religious doctrine- this in a country that is supposed to be free from religion.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. But, have you ever discussed this with them, to see how they view it?

Your still missing the point. I do consider then not being able to marry being 2nd class citizens. I consider it wrong, As in WRONG.

They know my view. I guess you forgot I'm conservative, I do not believe in gay marriages, never have and never will. I except them as who they are but that does not change my view on gay marriages.

Chadeaux

Gold Member
Sep 13, 2011
Southeast Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
"And, to make it worse - they don't have the same rights as you and me based on religious doctrine- this in a country that is supposed to be free from religion."

I'm sorry, what country are you talking about?

As I recall the free exercise of religion is allowed here. It isn't a choice. We're born religious or born not religious. We don't make a choice, it is ingrained from birth one way or the other. Just like JB and you said about gays and lesbians. They don't make a choice.

I'm fat because I was born that way, my buddy down the road is a Baptist because he was born that way, While we're at it, the guy who kills a kid isn't guilty because he was born that way. Many of us have guns because we were born with a desire to own and fire dangerous weapons.

And we can't complain about bullies, because they were born that way ... do I need to continue?

Native Floridian

Bronze Member
Mar 12, 2012
Ft Myers, Florida
Detector(s) used
Excal, Sov GT
Primary Interest:
Your still missing the point. I do consider then not being able to marry being 2nd class citizens. I consider it wrong, As in WRONG.

They know my view. I guess you forgot I'm conservative, I do not believe in gay marriages, never have and never will. I except them as who they are but that does not change my view on gay marriages.

I got that. You are missing my point that the state, not you, treats them as second class citizens. And this, for no other reason than being born gay.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got that. You are missing my point that the state, not you, treats them as second class citizens. And this, for no other reason than being born gay.

That is your opinion not mine.

Using your reasoning If not allowing gays to marry makes them 2nd class citizens for being born gay, just imagine what class it is when they don't allow kids to even be born.

( that make it clearer.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread