Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We'll I hit the 1936 farmhouse property a bit after work today, and came up with an assortment. The only coins unfortunately this time were two newer pennies I found up by the front entrance to the house.
Last week I dug up a 1941 vaccination tag here, and this time I found one dated 1956.
I dug up a crusty key ring with a large group of keys on it. Some of them were rusted and broke off, but there are a few that look somewhat old. See pictures. Any idea?
Found a neat copper engraved top/lid (1 1/2" tall) with a nice patina on it. I have no idea what it is from or how old it is. See pictures
Three pieces from shotguns shells. Age?
Not sure what the iron piece is that looks like a stickman? I'm thinking horse related. Any ideas on this one? Age?
Other than what is pictured, I dug up another ton of old iron pieces including an axe head, a machete, a head of a pick, & two more plow pieces. I'm saving these for later for my "Ironman" display. ;D
Any input on any of the items mentioned above would be greatly appreciated.
Supposed to be 63 degrees here tomorrow. Ahhhhhhhh, you know what that means. More hunting.
Thanks,
MM

Attachments

• MVC-003S.JPG
    MVC-003S.JPG
    33.2 KB · Views: 1,065
  • MVC-007S.JPG
    MVC-007S.JPG
    37.5 KB · Views: 1,072
  • MVC-006S.JPG
    MVC-006S.JPG
    37.2 KB · Views: 1,065
  • MVC-010S.JPG
    MVC-010S.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 1,066
  • MVC-011S.JPG
    MVC-011S.JPG
    39.5 KB · Views: 1,067
  • MVC-008S.JPG
    MVC-008S.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 1,060
  • MVC-009S.JPG
    MVC-009S.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,048
  • MVC-012S.JPG
    MVC-012S.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,047
  • MVC-005S.JPG
    MVC-005S.JPG
    27.1 KB · Views: 1,028
Upvote 0

azmetaldetector

Sep 22, 2005
Arizona
Detector(s) used
White's MXT, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Whites MXT Pro
I also believe the coper engraved item is a pocket watch cover. I think I found one that looks very similar to that one in New mexico. I'll have to dig through my 'finds' chest and if I find it, I'll post it for comparison. If they match it would be a very itneresting coincidence considering where you are vs. where I found mine.

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
azmetaldetector said:
I also believe the coper engraved item is a pocket watch cover. I think I found one that looks very similar to that one in New mexico. I'll have to dig through my 'finds' chest and if I find it, I'll post it for comparison. If they match it would be a very itneresting coincidence considering where you are vs. where I found mine.

AZ,
Thanks. That would be great if we had a match. Let me know.
-MM-

Mirage

Silver Member
Sep 16, 2005
Cleveland, OH
It's neat to see your finds from this property on a regular basis. Especially since you posted the nice pictures of the property. :)

Despite the lack of old coins those are some great finds. Very cool. Thanks for posting all the interesting stuff.

Mirage

OP
OP
ModernMiner

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mirage said:
It's neat to see your finds from this property on a regular basis. Especially since you posted the nice pictures of the property. :)

Despite the lack of old coins those are some great finds. Very cool. Thanks for posting all the interesting stuff.

Mirage

Thanks Mirage.
I just think it adds more to the post when you have an idea (pictures) of the property or area being searched. It's almost like you are there with the person searching that way. :) Just my opinion.
-MM-

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions