Fat or overweight (me).. NOT OUR FAULT

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
poorhunter78 said:
spartacus53 said:
Treasure_Hunter, I both agree and disagree with last comments. Yes, parents do buy sweets for the kids, sugared cereals, etc.. I think most of us had those luxuries as kids, but I stayed thin through good healthy exercise. It is a combination of good eating a exercise, and then you can also have your sweets.

Another good thing about hanging out with overweight kids is that we thin ones considered them expendable, canon fodder.

Do something stupid and run, they were our sacrificial lambs :tongue3:

See, there is an upside to everything, you just have to look for it :thumbsup: :laughing9:
Just like Bear Hunting..

Always go with someone you can outrun.. :laughing7:

Works for aligators too.......

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Treasure_Hunter, poorhunter78, yes, they do have their use... So eat up up America :thumbsup: :laughing9:

Save jobs and the lives of thinner people that have more value :tongue3:

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spartacus53 said:
Treasure_Hunter, poorhunter78, yes, they do have their use... So eat up up America :thumbsup: :laughing9:

Save jobs and the lives of thinner people that have more value :tongue3:
Spart, Lets Round Up A Posse.. Treasure_Hunter, We're Comin To Feed The Gators... :laughing9: :laughing9: :laughing9:

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
oh heck, don't have them eat up too much darn it unless we can dispose of them, because they are warping the healthcare system.

age 25 should not be on blood pressure meds, diabetic meds, etc.
age 35 should not be having age 60 med problems due to weight like arthritis etc

(not saying that all medical troubles are from overweight, but seriously, being OBESE pushes the need for medical services EARLIER in life)

so friggin' sad

gator food...hmm...feed the gators then eat the gators. works

FarmerChick

Bronze Member
Nov 10, 2010
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
BH LoneStar
AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
darn right I will hit the everglades with ya....but I am not the food OK? :laughing9: :laughing9:

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i am 6ft 4 in i wiegh 333lbs most of it is my brain what do i do to loose it

Attachments

• HPIM0356.JPG
    HPIM0356.JPG
    685.3 KB · Views: 378

calisdad

Bronze Member
Sep 8, 2010
Groveland, CA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The pic is kind of grainy poss but that SxS looks like its got some nice wood. :thumbsup: (Parker?)
Next time you get on the scales drop the hardware and you might read a svelte 250. :laughing7:
Did you make the knife in your avatar? cool one.

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
yup i mad the knife the blade is premade and i do all the handle work i have about another 175 dollars to get my forge ready to make knife blades and gonna wait till cooler weather and the trip on the scales is with out the hardware

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Possum, I would be packin like Rambo myself... :laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Fat people are harder to kidnap..

Attachments

• Soloman Brothers.jpg
    Soloman Brothers.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 319

piegrande

Bronze Member
May 16, 2010
In 1797, a doctor wrote the first paper telling other doctors the fever birthing women died of was somehow related to not washing their hands between births. It was the 20th Century before that was universally accepted.

In 1972, Atkins wrote the first book relating the connection between excess carbohydrates and obesity; diabetes Type II, and infarctions. 39 years later, most doctors have steadfastly refused to look at his book, preferring studies with a couple dozen volunteers, carefully following research specified by the carb vendors who fund them, rather than look at data involving over 50,000 patients at the Atkins Institute, and 95% success rate.

39 years later, you still have medical schools teaching students that the correct diet is low fat, high carb.

So, how long will it take this time? Do you have another 70 years to wait while they figure it out?

Actually, there are three haplotypes. In the US, most European ancestry people need high fat, low carb diets.

And, body fat is not the main issue, though at 330 pounds, yeah, fat is an issue. Thin people can have Type II diabetes and clogged arteries and veins, and suffer bad health. The low carb diet is for cardiovascular health and diabetes avoidance, and only secondarily for losing weight.

I am hypoglycemic. Iwas also 220 peak, and prediabetic. Now, 183.5 and slowly losing. I have been at nearly zero carbs for 4 years now, because of the hypoglycemia.

Actually, I suggest first reading Atkins to understand the mechanism, then get the books by Taube, since Atkins may be confusing, hard to follow, and even dangerous if you don't really read the book in detail. The important thing is to cut down on carbs while getting the fiber, minerals and vitamins you need.

poorhunter78

Bronze Member
Jul 13, 2008
WV
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NO WORRIES!

The best way to feed Them Thar Gators.... :sign13: Take some tour buses to DC... Drive to the Swamp... Open the Door so as they step off... It's right into the Gators Stew Pot... :headbang: OOPS! thought that was the curb. ::)

The Bears, Well Jus hijack a Hostess Truck an feed the bears, No since in harming a cute little furry critter... :laughing7:

Produce Guy

Bronze Member
Dec 17, 2008
austin,texas
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250,garrett pro-pointer,AT/Pro,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe nobody likes to walk anymore or even go to the gym,my membership to Golds gym is only $25 a month(I get a discount thru my job),and just by changing your eating habits a little(I eat more fruit)you'll be surprised how fast the weight comes off. Belive me I'm still big in the gut,I'm 245lbs.and 6'4",if I was shorter it wouldn't look good and it doesn't look good now.But I'm working on it.I was 268lbs. back in December of 2010 and wasn't happy.I changed my eating habits ,no candybars,no fast-food,only to sodas a day,but 8 to 12 pieces of fruit each day and I walk everywhere. :thumbsup:

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
Not only what you eat, it is also what you drink.

Sugar has been replaced, in a lot of food and drinks, with High Frutose Corn Syrup.

Here is a link that has some very good information on it as well as some links at the bottom of the page you may want to look at.

http://no-hfcs.tripod.com/

You would be suprised to find how many items in the grocry store have this in it including bread and canned foods.

In order to lose weight, you need to cut out the sugar / hfcs. Try cutting out soft drinks ( yes the diet ones too) for one month and see what the scale tells you after just 30 days of not consuming just this one item.

Diet drinks have aspertame in them. That is a whole nother issue.

Ray S ECenFL

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread