fine gold on the beach

Jreiber

Dec 17, 2012
I am new to gold panning. My oldest boy started showing interest in the history of our area (oregon coast) and from there we got in to lookin for gold. Bought a couple pans to begin with and headed to our local beach and found a creek. Almost every pan has showed color buts its so small and hard to remove. So my question is... what is the best was to get the gold seperated from the black sand when the gold is so small? Ive read up on miller tables and though bout tyin it... all the help we can get is appreciated.

ForumRunner_20121217_064431.png

ForumRunner_20121217_064459.png

Upvote 0
I have a feeling my oldest boy would be non stop with questions... thats the best part. This whole thing started with his interest into wwII history of our area. I took him up above the little town of powers to idon mountian. There is pieces still left from a plane crash years ago. He found a serial number tag and after some reasearch we found out all the info on the plane and the crash. Since that day he has me help him reasearch old gold mines and such and now wants to find the gold himself.

I have found a blue bowl kit for 100 plus 10 shipping. Besides that ive found just the bowl for around 70 plus shipping so for a few extra buck i get everything included. Not savin but maybe 20 bucks

If you can wait until the Salem gold show Mar 29 - 30 Prospectors Plus should have their new super concentrator there that was devolped mainly for the beach. They also have a fine gold finisher that was also designed for cleanup of the beach gold. There's 40 years of working with beach sands behind these products. The Gold Cube is good but Walldo has my old one as I've up graded. Doug.

I am new to gold panning. My oldest boy started showing interest in the history of our area (oregon coast) and from there we got in to lookin for gold. Bought a couple pans to begin with and headed to our local beach and found a creek. Almost every pan has showed color buts its so small and hard to remove. So my question is... what is the best was to get the gold seperated from the black sand when the gold is so small? Ive read up on miller tables and though bout tyin it... all the help we can get is appreciated.

The miller table is my favorite, one of the easiest and most cost effective ways of separating gold from black sand there is.
I have a blue bowl as well but I still prefer the miller table.

If price is no object (around $2500.00 with stand) and you consistantly need to run a great deal of black sand concentrates then the way to go is an rp4 shaker table :icon_thumright:
RP-4 Shaker Table - YouTube

I've tried the Blue Bowl off and on on our beach gold for 20 years and it won't retain the gold. I've also built a Miller table that's fully adjustable with a fancy leveling system and a gate valve for water adjustment and an adjustable gate for the water flow. It's got a slate bed and I've tried hobby mat, bed liner sprays, chalkboard paint, and a few other surfaces and the slate worked the best but I still lost a lot of the gold off the table. That's why the finisher was built. Short of a wave table we haven't found anything close to it for cleanup. It must have to do with the shape of the gold we're getting off the beach. All of the gold is -50 and about 1/2 is -100 that we're dealing with here.

Have you guys ever thought of trying the underflow sluice by the grumpy miner? I think in his videos his product gets to -300. I've thought about this product but still unsure as I'm a newbie, but I've done some panning. I'm looking for a portable unit that I could take out a low quantity of water and recirculate it. That's my thought anyway. Of course this isn't up by you guys, but I'm always trying to pick others minds.

Picked up a genie wheel today. Gonna try that for the fine gold were finding on the beaches. Any tips or helpful hints?

image-3721563051.jpg those

Those wheels allow the fine gold to touch air and float. This picture is from August 2012. Cape Dissapointment Wa. The group right next to us ran the same material for the same amount of time. They where using a gold cube and got a lot more gold. Shortly after this I bought a gold cube.

I have looked at the gold cubes before. Might end up buyin one here sometime soon. Seems like stacking three is about right from what i can see.

If you can make one of the gold shows you can see what we've got in action using the black sand and gold off the beach for the running material. Our new super concentrator only weighs 10lbs also. Stop by the Prospectors Plus booth.

WPMA gold and treasure show Monroe fairgrounds, WA. Feb 23rd - 24th.
GPAA gold show Salem Oregon Mar 29th - 30th.
GPAA gold show Puyallup WA April 6th - 7th.
NCWWP gold show Cashmere WA April 20th - 21st.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back