First day

fast89pony

Tenderfoot
May 18, 2006
Charlotte, NC
Today my first first metal detector was delivered and I couldn't wait to get home from work and open it up. I'm on a tight budget and just wanted one to get things rolling so I got the Bounty Hunter Quick Silver. Nothing special but I'm a beginner on a budget. I live in Boynton Beach Florida which is in Palm Beach County. So I headed straight to the beach with anticipation. I actually had a hard time sleeping last night I was so excited to start detecting today. I guess its from the past 2 years of reading all the great finds on this forum! The first half hour not a single beep. Boynton Beach is pretty busy during the summer time but right now not to many people and it was late in the day so the whole beach was almost vacant. I went over to some wooden chairs that are always at the beach to rent to see if anything was around them. As soon as I got to one a got my first beep. Man it felt good. To bad it ended up being from one of the bolts holding the chair together. A few more minutes of searching a couple of aluminum signals put up and unfortunately it was just some beer can pieces. I tried the volleyball courts and surrounding but nothing. The sun was getting real low and light was fading fast so I was wrapping up in front of the dune when I got two hits and these two pieces were found. Nothing special but better than beer cans and bottle caps. I think this weekend I'm going to go up to Sebatain and hit big. Lol. Should be fun though. I'm already hooked!

Attachments

• DSC00935.JPG
    DSC00935.JPG
    41.2 KB · Views: 662
Upvote 0

Bell-Two

Aug 28, 2009
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac & Ace 250

HISPAN

Gold Member
Mar 15, 2009
Detector(s) used
WHITES MXT ,GARRET ACE150,GARRET SEA HUNT MARK II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
WELCOME to the forum! :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread