First Finds

JohnRoy

Greenie
Oct 26, 2005
My name is John in Augusta, GA. I just bought a cheap "Bounty Hunter Silver Seeker," took it out in the front yard (I live in a duplex), and within a few minutes I had 5 coins (all clad). I'll see if I can go out to the baseball park this weekend. I got the detector off of Ebay for $68.00. I will work my way up to something better. -John

Upvote 0

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome John.

Congrats on your First day.

HAPPY HUNTING !

jeff

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the new Hobby......and congrats on the first finds..... I know when I bought my first detector a whits 5900 I found clad coins my first time out, and after reading the manual and learning the detector better I finaly found my first old coin and it was in my own back yard it was a 1890 Canadian large cent...Then it just got better after that........ Good Luck in all your searches....John

Leon

Silver Member
Jul 2, 2004
Indy
Detector(s) used
Cz3d
Hello, & Welcome to the forum!!!
Looks like your off to a great start. Finding any coins in a private yard is doing pretty good, considering all the trash that's usually in them... I started out using a small Radio Shack detector, made by Bounty Hunter, and found several nice old coins. Don't let the cost fool ya... Practice makes perfect...
Good luck & Happy hunting~

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Great first finds!! You're already doing better than I did on my first time out! Welcome to the forum; pull up a chair and stay awhile.

vicki

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warning!!!!! MDing is habit forming. The friends you develop on the forum make
up for it though.

HH in the future. ;D ;D

Stan

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey JohnRoy!

Congrats on your first finds! And Welcome to the forum!

Nana ;)

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
Welcome to the forum, we all had to start somewhere and progress from there. I can't even remember who made my first detector. Good Luck & Good Hunting. trk5capt...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread