first merc yesterday.....

LONE GUNMAN

Mar 12, 2005
DIGGIN' IN NEVADA
the wife and i closed up shop around 4:30 yesterday and decided to do some detecting in her aunt yard....house has been there for ever and no one has ever done it before to the best of our reconing....so we got out swinging and wasnt finding to much up to this point...wife found a 68 nickle, and a penny and all i had to show for the first 20 min is a little junk....so like it is my nature i started to complain how bad this site was when i got a good hit at about 4.5 down....so i pull out my trowel and down we go, i pop out a plug and scan it....nothing...so over the hole i go and bing.....0.0.....so i get the pinpointer out and zip.....so i get a hand full of loose dirt out and zip again.......i slowly start working my way throu and find what appears to be a small fake coin....almost looked like plastic...so i started cleaning it and low and behold out pops lady liberty......yee haa the first merc i have ever pulled in 4 yrs of detecting....it is a worn 41 d worth about a buck...but damn near pricless to me....going to frame it with some of my other finds....1889 dos centovos from argentina, and a 12.5 cent company token from 1896....now all i need is a couple more old coins to go in the frame.
happy hunting
lgp

Upvote 0

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
congrats on the silver. they sure do look cool coming out of the ground all shiney like that!

R

rvbvetter

Very nice!! Along with the walking liberty. I think the Merc. is one of our best looking coins and a treat to find. Congrats HH

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Post. Reminded me of my first merc. I still get excited when I find one. Congrats and I hope
you find many more. :) HH Burdie

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Congrats on your first merc, LC. I love how they come out of the ground so shiny. :)

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
Congrats on your first Mercury dime.No matter the condition , they're a sight to behold when they come to light.I hope there's many more to follow. HH!

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations!

I remember my first one! (I think it was last month) LOL! :D

Nana ;)

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulations, I've been detecting four years and the only silver coin I got to show for it is a lowly silver nickle, maybe this season, (once the temps are above freezing)

civilman1

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
PA-MD
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium LS,White's MXT's and Surf II Lot's-O-Coil's
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still waiting on my first too LONE,Got a rosie but no merc's.Gongrat's on the find and HH!!

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on your first Mercury dime!! I just found my first one about a month ago, a badly worn 1917.
Keep up the good work, I bet you'll go back there hugh?

HH

Joe88

Sep 10, 2004
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Garrett GTA 550, &
Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats!!
What a great feeling to pull out a silver coin!!!
HH!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions