First time I ever had a MD in my hand!!! (First find)

D

debid

My husband and I bought each other a MD for Christmas. It rained yesterday and I had to work late :-[
Today I got home from work when it was starting to get dark. As soon as I started I got a hit in my front yard. I don't even know how to adjust the MD yet :D It said it was about 7-8 inches. I dug and found a 1935 Mercury Dime. By the time I filled the hole up it was dark :-\
My house is 125 years old. I suspect I will be finding a lot more here.

I have a question....??? Half of my basment is dirt. Anyone think I could have any luck down there?

Attachments

• 12-14-2005 05;32;05PM.jpg
    12-14-2005 05;32;05PM.jpg
    3.3 KB · Views: 608
Upvote 0

sabertooth

Dec 13, 2005
Southwest Georgia
Detector(s) used
Whites Spectrum XLT, Whites Classic I, Minelab Sovereign, Garret GTX 2500, BH 3300
Its a gremlic that is in ever MDer ...they come in the box.

Strand-Filter

Dec 10, 2005
Florida
To AK:

Yes. That is Scarlett at six months.

She is three years now. Full grown at 4 lbs, 8 ozs.

She loves to dig holes - does not refill them. That's my job.

I don't want to clutter up somebody else's topic. We can use my Topic "First Hunt".

Later.

OP
OP
D

debid

I found a little toy iron man in my basement today! He has a thing sticking out of his rear end so I am pretty sure he sat on a tractor or something. I will take pics as soon as my batteries for camera charge ::) I have found some pieces of black glass and a bunch of pieces of rusted tin too. I am going to find some neat stuff, I just know it! ;D

Since we were speaking of dogs.....
I have 2 teeny tiny Chihuahuas ;) Poo-Poo and Weezy. Poo-Poos real name is Tequila, but he is a "ca ca" monster. :D

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find for the first one....some people go a while before finding silver....Like you a friend of mine with his detector found a mercury dime for his first find and when looking at it ,it was a 1916 in xf condition . Looking at each other were thinking , is this a 1916 -D . NOT....He was not that lucky but hey you never know....Good Luck on your adventures!!!!! Seeker

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats on your first find.Welcome to the forum,looking forward to seeing more of your finds.Good luck and H.H.-diggummup

Huntin' 59er

Apr 27, 2005
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Welcome to the forum ! That's a GREAT way to start your treasure hunting hobby ! Good Luck in the future.

Huntin' 59er

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread