First Token Find

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got out for a bit today. Never got to the colonial cellar hole that I intended to go to. Got sidetracked by a couple other holes on the way in. Dug a few keepers out of the trash and iron but not much. Did get my first token. Believe it's a Montreal token from around 1830. Also got a crushed thimble and what I believe is a loom weight.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
Though my hunt was not too productive I'm happy that I was able to help out a friend. Vino told me he's been in a slump. So I explained the necessary steps to break out of it. Let's just say it worked well for him :-)

Upvote 19

villagenut

Gold Member
Oct 18, 2014
florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Does the oil lamp wick heighten-er knob have a patent date on it ? Usually they do there on the round thumb wheel.

Vino

Banned
Jul 7, 2013
Pa.
Detector(s) used
Ctx3030. Xp deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry your hunt was cut short!!!
I know you were looking forward to a good hunt..Cool token though..
Its always nice to get a first..
Now on the other hand!!!
I had a gr8888 Day..
Thanks to you and the number 8..
I post my finds in a little bit..
Thanks again..
Ur friend VINO 8...LOL

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love the token buddy, All good stuff as usual!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Great finds Abe, love the old Canadian Half Penny, it dates to 1835 or thereabouts. :occasion14:

Here's an example of one I dug a few years ago... yours is in much better condition though! :thumbsup:

Dave

Attachments

• 1835 Lower Canada Half Penny 003.jpg
    1835 Lower Canada Half Penny 003.jpg
    81.6 KB · Views: 92
  • 1835 Lower Canada Half Penny 002.jpg
    1835 Lower Canada Half Penny 002.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 96

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you did ok.
That lantern piece appears to be in really good shape! Ground was kind!

Nice saves and congrats on the first token!

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE w/15' SEF Coil/ Minelab GPX 4500/2 Garrett Pro Pointers/3 Sets Killer B Headphones/ Koss Headphones/ Detekniy Wireless headphone Adapter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah I prob should've kept this hunt to myself lol

Nope... because some people think just because you're in an old area it's easy to find old stuff, and anyone could likely dig something like a Pine Tree Shilling... but we know it still takes a whole lot of effort, and the bad days illustrate that fairly well.

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope... because some people think just because you're in an old area it's easy to find old stuff, and anyone could likely dig something like a Pine Tree Shilling... but we know it still takes a whole lot of effort, and the bad days illustrate that fairly well.
Well said. These bad days make the good ones that much sweeter. If it was easy we'd see tree coins and Rev War buttons posted all the time. That obviously does not happen

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice going on the token, and the other finds. You should get a special credit for the extra help that was provided.

RelicMedic

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2013
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab pro find 35

Minelab Equinox 600

Minelab Excalibur II

Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey, looks like a great day to me! Well done sir

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice going on the token, and the other finds. You should get a special credit for the extra help that was provided.

Thanks buddy. Yep I do believe I deserve a NE Shilling for being such a nice guy lol

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds Abe. Congrats on that token. :thumbsup:
Can you tell me where to get one of those nifty 3 roll toilet paper holders like in your first photo. You're on a roll Buddy! :tongue3:
-DUHg-

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds, Does the oil lamp wick heighten-er knob have a patent date on it ? Usually they do there on the round thumb wheel.

Thanks villagenut. I had no idea. Tnet at it's best right there. No date but it is marked Dietz and Co NY.
image.jpg
Looks like they started around 1842. Same period as the token. Now I know that hole isn't old enough for me liking. Only some period silver would make me happy from that spot. I gotta go find some more early colonial spots

OP
OP
Ahab8

Ahab8

Gold Member
Oct 15, 2013
Topsham, Maine
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet finds Abe. Congrats on that token. :thumbsup:
Can you tell me where to get one of those nifty 3 roll toilet paper holders like in your first photo. You're on a roll Buddy! :tongue3:
-DUHg-
Yes Doug I do believe Target may have those. And I swear the Angel lotion is not mine bud....no really I swear it's not. Seriously Doug

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Howdy Abe! Congratulations on the token, it's a beauty. I have a question on one of the items that looks like a huge needle. Would that be something used to mend fishing nets? Probably not but if I don't ask I don't learn. Glad too that your weather is allowing you to get in some late season hunts in. I'm heading out tomorrow on a long shot hunt. They tore down a factory down a few weeks ago and this week they tore up the blacktop leaving a huge dirt area. Probably nothing there but it's worth a shot. SOOOO I will cut my banana into 8 slices and sprinkle them over 8 tablespoons of Special-K. I'll drink my cup of coffee in 8 gulps, and leave at 8:08. It takes me about 15 minutes to get there but I'll drive slower so I arrive in 18 minutes. Then sit in the jeep for 2 minutes before I get out at 8:28. I will then take 8 steps to the back of my jeep and gear up. Then take 88 steps before I turn on the machine and will dig every target that hits at 88 or higher. Doing all that how could I lose?

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice token bud, what does the other side look like?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread