FISHER F 70 ..F75 ..INFO. WANTED

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
I know that happens with all detectors but the owners will swear it was that deep.. But it was in the side wall falls down then they find it in the bottom of the hole … And then say wow look how deep this detector goes...

I can tell you for certain that the target I found at 14" did not fall into the bottom of the hole from a sidewall...it was every bit as deep as stated.
I broke up the dirt at the bottom of a hole that was decently wide because I knew I had to dig deep on this one, when I pried a clod of dirt up at the exact center of this deep hole I saw the glint of silver and reached in to take the dirt out of the hole and saw most of it sitting there in the bottom.
This thing was laying there and one end was still stuck a bit in the dirt.

Keep in mind I have great soil where I hunt, my settings were maxed out on 99 sense and 9 on the thresh, although I was still hunting in DE speed, not SL.

SL, by the way, is just about the same, not exactly but close, as boost on the F75 according to Dave Johnson, one of the head designers at fisher.

"Slow process (on the F70) This process is fairly similar to boost process but with a number of minor detail differences. It will tend to be a little quieter in heavy trash than the boost process".

Last edited:

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would imagine it is fairly similar to an F2, just an extremely upgraded version. The F2 is noisy, but after using it for a while, you can pick out the false signals from the (deep) coins. If you want a deep machine like the F70/75/75LTD/F75SE, it will have to be extremely sensitive in order to pick up 1 foot+ targets (which I have heard it will do). Iknow my fisher F2 will hit 8" on a dime, just imagine what a highly upgraded version will do. I have seen people on metaldetectorreviews.net claiming that it'll hit 15"+ on a US Quarter. Those who hate it are most likely users of a silent-search machine like Tesoros or most Minelabs or White's, so they are not used to the general chatter emitted by these machines.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Shenandoah Valley, Virginia
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would imagine it is fairly similar to an F2, just an extremely upgraded version. The F2 is noisy, but after using it for a while, you can pick out the false signals from the (deep) coins. If you want a deep machine like the F70/75/75LTD/F75SE, it will have to be extremely sensitive in order to pick up 1 foot+ targets (which I have heard it will do). Iknow my fisher F2 will hit 8" on a dime, just imagine what a highly upgraded version will do. I have seen people on metaldetectorreviews.net claiming that it'll hit 15"+ on a US Quarter. Those who hate it are most likely users of a silent-search machine like Tesoros or most Minelabs or White's, so they are not used to the general chatter emitted by these machines.

They probably wouldnt like the rumble of a "cammed up" race car either!

woof!

Bronze Member
Dec 12, 2010
ciudadano del universo, residente de El Paso TX
Detector(s) used
BS detector
Primary Interest:
Other
The last several posts are so, ahem, ________ that they almost look like bait. So here goes.........

The F70/F75/T2 are all related platforms, albeit with major differences. They are high performance machines and priced accordingly.

The F2 is an ENTIRELY different platform priced in the general vicinity of $200. A very good machine in that price range.

--Dave J.

digger27

Bronze Member
May 18, 2011
The last several posts are so, ahem, ________ that they almost look like bait. So here goes.........

The F70/F75/T2 are all related platforms, albeit with major differences. They are high performance machines and priced accordingly.

The F2 is an ENTIRELY different platform priced in the general vicinity of $200. A very good machine in that price range.

--Dave J.

The F2 is way more than just very good at that price range...way more.
After about 1000 or more hours with this thing and finding more than most believe was possible with a detector at this price point I stand by that opinion
I always suspected that all the F series line had some similar traits and behavior common in all of them, and after switching to the F70 I believe that even more.
However the F70 is a totally different animal as Mr. Johnson stated, kind of like in that movie where they shot up a smaller, skinny less powerful dude with a serum and he became Captain America.
Everything is enhanced, power, sensitivity and more that I am yet to discover.
High performance, I am so impressed that even those words might not do it justice.
All I know is when I switched from the F2 to the F70 all that I learned was not wasted and transferred easily, but now there are many more chapters of information and behavior to learn and attempt to understand and master this wonderful machine.
I am looking forward to a great year and I am sure there are many surprises awaiting me as this season commences.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must admit from the research I have done,hearing the actual users point & what or how they use them it does sound even more like a machine I'd like to get my hands on. My only & only gripe I think is there are some nice new f75's f70's ect ones that have a price tag of 500-700 or so but what my thing they only honor a warranty if you are the original buyer. Which kinda makes me worried about dropping 700 on something with no warranty. Or am I wrong can you get a warranty if you buy a used one but that owner claims its only let's say a year old ?

Mach1Pilot

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2008
Bedford County, PA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab, Fisher, Teknetics and more!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Chris -

On the F70/F75s, the original owner gets a 5 year warranty but once its sold unforutnately the warranty ends.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Xp Deus,m-6 pinpointer, technetics t2ltd (had, whites v3i,minelab xterra 705,atpro,prism 4,sunray probe minlabe profind,garret propointer, f75ltd and many more)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Chris -

On the F70/F75s, the original owner gets a 5 year warranty but once its sold unforutnately the warranty ends.

That stinks huh makes ya kinda nervous about if buying one even new for 7-800 even then if something went wrong screwed

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
GPX5000, AT Gold, AT Pro, Whites TDI, Bandido 2 umax, Tejon, Vaquero, Deus 2, ORX and Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That stinks huh makes ya kinda nervous about if buying one even new for 7-800 even then if something went wrong screwed

Have you checked with Bart at Big Boys Hobbies? I got a new F75ltd from him much cheaper than i thought i would......

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I'm poking around at that moment I've used one & do like it much so I don't think I got money for new & used makes me a bit nervous case anything happend I donnt wanna have that much in something with no warranty they are very very capable & good machines by far as we can all c

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I'm poking around at that moment I've used one & do like it much so I don't think I got money for new & used makes me a bit nervous case anything happend I donnt wanna have that much in something with no warranty they are very very capable & good machines by far as we can all c

Yeah, i dont blame u about wanting a warranty on a machine that pricey....

IBdiggin

Mar 21, 2013
Central Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70,Garrett AT Pro, Ace 250, 2 Garrett pro-pointers
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You are not going to need to pay 7 or 800 for a used F70. More like 3 to 400. Even if there is something wrong which I doubt, you can send it in for repair, ending up with a completely updated machine and still be way ahead of the game. Fisher has an excellent service department. F70 is a love or hate machine that some people do not have the patience to learn. Found mine for 535 with tax out of a dealer shop with a 10" elliptical coil.

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No I know there are the f70's out there fairly cheap the one I'm very intrested in is the f75 ltd or se

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey christo.......Trade that minelab in on one..........just kidding...lol.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I am sure the F70 is great, but i would go with the "luxury package" of the F75 ltd....Bart gave me a GREAT deal on mine and i like it very much. The boost process will give you all the depth you'll ever need! Also Rainy, you seem to like Tesoro machines.....Have you thought about the Outlaw? It is a good machine also and very versatile with the 3 coils...

Yep I have looked at the outlaw and I know it is quite capable and a great detector. The problem is, it is not much deeper if any deeper than my Silver uMax. I love Tesoro but all their detectors do seem to have one inherent flaw. That flaw is that when you turn up the disc. you lose depth. I like the single tone with the disc. set up higher so that I can cherry pick for silver coins, but that cherry picking setting cost me depth. The areas I hunt are trashy so turning the disc down would have me digging trash all day. I probably would find more rings though! Either way, I like the thought of hunting in all metal or low disc and having tones to decide whether or not to dig. The Tejon is a powerhouse, but it also loses depth with the disc turned up. The F70 is a powerhouse, can get great depth, and has the multi tones. I'm kinda liking that F70.

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep I have looked at the outlaw and I know it is quite capable and a great detector. The problem is, it is not much deeper if any deeper than my Silver uMax. I love Tesoro but all their detectors do seem to have one inherent flaw. That flaw is that when you turn up the disc. you lose depth. I like the single tone with the disc. set up higher so that I can cherry pick for silver coins, but that cherry picking setting cost me depth. The areas I hunt are trashy so turning the disc down would have me digging trash all day. I probably would find more rings though! Either way, I like the thought of hunting in all metal or low disc and having tones to decide whether or not to dig. The Tejon is a powerhouse, but it also loses depth with the disc turned up. The F70 is a powerhouse, can get great depth, and has the multi tones. I'm kinda liking that F70.

Yeah, I can handle a good bit of trash with the F75 in all metal and just watch the screen. And it still has plenty of horsepower even in disc. mode. If u have pretty good ground the Outlaw is probably not any deeper. But here the ground is very bad and manual GB is a needed feature to get any depth.

Last edited:

christo000

Silver Member
Mar 17, 2013
mass North Attleboro
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Way to go Christo!!! We knew we could talk you into one! I just wish it was spring so you could get out and tell us how you like it. Keep us posted!

mineralized_miner

Dec 2, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Coinmaster GT
Fisher F2
Bounty Hunter Discovery 1100
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I had the money for one of these, but if I find a ring or something...
I have always wanted a fisher f75 LTD, but it is just way too far out of my budget to even think about getting one.
I have gotten pretty good with my fisher f2, so an f75 ltd would be just a big step up for me!

Last edited:

DiggerinVA

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2013
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Awesome!!! I'm sure after some time you will love it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread