ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHING & DETECTING......

Combined my 2 fav hobbies this evening. Went to a flood plan field (recently hayed) & on the way baited a swim in the river.

Spent 2 hours detecting;

£1.21 spendable (~$2.40)
Some old pennies & halfpennies, oldest only 1891.
1950s Condom Tin (re-useable in those days) - Cost 2 Shillings & Sixpence :o
Mirror etc...
Wasn't expecting much old as its floods regular.

On the way back I spent 1 hour sitting in a tree waiting for a good fish to take my bait, but couldn't see any so came home...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,072
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,088
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,086
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,073
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,053
Upvote 0

MUD(S.W.A.T)

Gold Member
Apr 15, 2005
Detector(s) used
I use, Whites MXT and Garrett AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: FISHING & DETECTING......

Cool, seems like you had fun ! It's funny how you say it's Only 1891 ? To us young Americans that is really, really old.

Keep @ it and HH!!

N.J.THer

Silver Member
Nov 16, 2006
Middlesex County, New Jersey
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX w/ Sunray DX-1 probe and Minelab Excalibur 1000, Whites TRX Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

I hope the tin was empty....

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

N.J.THer said:
I hope the tin was empty....

I was hoping it was full, but it only had mud.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Crusader what kind of fish do you try to catch in the streams? Your coins look in very good shape Congrats.

Burdie

tymcmurray

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2007
Maryland

I'm sorry, but all I can see is the word "re-useable"
used with "condoms".................. :tard:

Glad to see you had fun, sorry no fish.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Burdie said:
Hey Crusader what kind of fish do you try to catch in the streams? Your coins look in very good shape Congrats.

Burdie

Its a large River, but the area I was trying was an old mill race which is like a small stream. I'm mainly after Trench & Chub but keeping my eyes open for a large Carp.

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

tymcmurray said:
I'm sorry, but all I can see is the word "re-useable"
used with "condoms".................. :tard:

Glad to see you had fun, sorry no fish.

Waaay before my time thankfully but being reusable you needed to wash them, dry them and then powder them. ;D

Glad you had a nice day out Crusader, finding spending money, lazing about fishing - now get back to the fields man and find us a viking hoard ::)

Prober

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
West Michigan
Detector(s) used
White's M6, Bullseye II, Ace250

Nice finds! I've never gone fishing in a tree but I would guess that there aren't too many fish there. LOL

Hellcat

Jul 8, 2008
Scotland
Detector(s) used
A cheap one

Oooo, nice finds. Sounds like a good day.

A member of the detecting & fishing forum of the UK, by any chance? If not, ye should be :P

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE

Hi crusader, I'm here to break your heart. In our local lake that recently drained, there are multiple LARGE carp. I've seen several that would easily top 30lbs, and some that may push 40. These fish are stuck in a shallow, flowing creekbed, and now that they have adjusted to their new environment a little, they will eat almost anything. Just wanted to share. I'll be thinking of you when I land my first one.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

gold fish said:
Hi crusader, I'm here to break your heart. In our local lake that recently drained, there are multiple LARGE carp. I've seen several that would easily top 30lbs, and some that may push 40. These fish are stuck in a shallow, flowing creekbed, and now that they have adjusted to their new environment a little, they will eat almost anything. Just wanted to share. I'll be thinking of you when I land my first one.

30lb+ fish are worth £1000 ($2000) & more to UK fishing lakes.

Harry_Morant

Bronze Member
Jan 11, 2006
Canberra
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Carp are viewed as a pest fish here and most people would only feed it to your cat. From this years Carp Out contest here in Canberra:

1,411 entrants took part in the inaugural "Canberra Carp-Out", with 922 adults and 489 juniors trying their luck at snagging the $5,000 cash prize.

A total of 702kg of pest fish were removed from Lake Burley Griffin (609kg of carp averaging 1.8kg and 93kg of Redfin averaging 200g), the 793 fish keeping the weighmaster busy for the entire day.

Heaviest carp was a good fish of 6.23kg. There were 7 carp weighed in over 4kg.

Heaviest Redfin was a cracker at 1.28kg. There was one other fish over 1kg, plus another 5 over 750g.

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

Hey Crusader, Have you ever tried fishing with a bow & arrow? I use a fiberglass re-curve bow in the 35lb. draw weight, a fish arrow with retractable barbs, and a bow mounted special open faced reel loaded up with 100 yards of 100lb. test braided line. You can shoot from shore or put your trout waders on and get in the water with them. When you spot your trophy carp, remember to aim about 4 inches lower than where you want the arrow to hit, (because water bends light) and you will get your prize fish. About 8 years ago I shot a 63.8 pound red horse carp. Also if you are going for fish this big, tie your bow to your forearm with a piece of 1/4 inch parachute cord. You'll be glad you did when that carp runs all your line out and jerks your bow out of your hand, also wear good leather gloves, you will be fighting your prize by just hand over hand pulling the line in, if you are not wearing gloves you can get your fingers cut off by the line......... Not GE :icon_pirat:

gold fish

Bronze Member
Sep 21, 2006
N.W.A.
Detector(s) used
Tesoro - Cortez Minelab SE

CRUSADER said:
30lb+ fish are worth £1000 ($2000) & more to UK fishing lakes.

I'll mail you a couple, we'll split the proceeds !!

notgittinenny said:
Hey Crusader, Have you ever tried fishing with a bow & arrow? I use a fiberglass re-curve bow in the 35lb. draw weight, a fish arrow with retractable barbs, and a bow mounted special open faced reel loaded up with 100 yards of 100lb. test braided line. You can shoot from shore or put your trout waders on and get in the water with them. When you spot your trophy carp, remember to aim about 4 inches lower than where you want the arrow to hit, (because water bends light) and you will get your prize fish. About 8 years ago I shot a 63.8 pound red horse carp. Also if you are going for fish this big, tie your bow to your forearm with a piece of 1/4 inch parachute cord. You'll be glad you did when that carp runs all your line out and jerks your bow out of your hand, also wear good leather gloves, you will be fighting your prize by just hand over hand pulling the line in, if you are not wearing gloves you can get your fingers cut off by the line......... Not GE :icon_pirat:

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

When I shoot a carp that large, they usually sink to the bottom, if it get off my arrow.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Harry_Morant said:
Carp are viewed as a pest fish here and most people would only feed it to your cat. From this years Carp Out contest here in Canberra:

1,411 entrants took part in the inaugural "Canberra Carp-Out", with 922 adults and 489 juniors trying their luck at snagging the $5,000 cash prize.

A total of 702kg of pest fish were removed from Lake Burley Griffin (609kg of carp averaging 1.8kg and 93kg of Redfin averaging 200g), the 793 fish keeping the weighmaster busy for the entire day.

Heaviest carp was a good fish of 6.23kg. There were 7 carp weighed in over 4kg.

Heaviest Redfin was a cracker at 1.28kg. There was one other fish over 1kg, plus another 5 over 750g.

They are small, your carp. I used them for bait for catfish in spain.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

notgittinenny said:

No, because I don't eat Carp, I just weigh & picture them. In Lakes, they would not like you killing $2000 fish.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread