ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
FISHING & DETECTING......

Combined my 2 fav hobbies this evening. Went to a flood plan field (recently hayed) & on the way baited a swim in the river.

Spent 2 hours detecting;

£1.21 spendable (~$2.40)
Some old pennies & halfpennies, oldest only 1891.
1950s Condom Tin (re-useable in those days) - Cost 2 Shillings & Sixpence :o
Mirror etc...
Wasn't expecting much old as its floods regular.

On the way back I spent 1 hour sitting in a tree waiting for a good fish to take my bait, but couldn't see any so came home...

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 1,072
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 1,088
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    100.5 KB · Views: 1,086
  • 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    86.2 KB · Views: 1,073
  • 5.JPG
    5.JPG
    83.6 KB · Views: 1,053
Upvote 0

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
Re: FISHING & DETECTING......

here in the states carp are not heavily fished for and are consider pest fish dre to their feeding mehod causing silting on the eggs of other fish as well as them eating the eggs of other fish -- carp often get quite large here in the states (20 to 30lbers no big deal in some places)up in ohio I used to catch huge carps on corn or wheatie "dough balls" -- I like to fish for big catfish best of all --my best to date was 38.04 lb channel cat -- --the wels catfish over in europe is huge --I would love to fish for them.

OP
OP
CRUSADER

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

ivan salis said:
here in the states carp are not heavily fished for and are consider pest fish dre to their feeding mehod causing silting on the eggs of other fish as well as them eating the eggs of other fish -- carp often get quite large here in the states (20 to 30lbers no big deal in some places) up in ohio I used to catch huge carps on corn or wheatie "dough balls" -- I like to fish for big catfish best of all --my best to date was 38.04 lb channel cat -- --the wels catfish over in europe is huge --I would love to fish for them.

112lb my biggest ;D

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

Has anyone told this crusader chap about the flying carp we have in the states? :thumbsup:

Derek752

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2006
Central,Ny
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

Two Great past times - hobbies in one day ! It doesnt get any better !

And nice finds to boot :thumbsup:

Derek :icon_pirat:

NGE

Silver Member
May 27, 2008
S.E. Michigan
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Explorer XS II, Fisher 1266-X
Primary Interest:
Other

I always have my fishing gear with me when I go out hunting, whichever is not paying off, I do the other. :thumbsup:

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

CRUSADER said:
ivan salis said:
here in the states carp are not heavily fished for and are consider pest fish dre to their feeding mehod causing silting on the eggs of other fish as well as them eating the eggs of other fish -- carp often get quite large here in the states (20 to 30lbers no big deal in some places) up in ohio I used to catch huge carps on corn or wheatie "dough balls" -- I like to fish for big catfish best of all --my best to date was 38.04 lb channel cat -- --the wels catfish over in europe is huge --I would love to fish for them.

112lb my biggest ;D

carp and trench are mud-sucking and are only good for fresh water-cray bait yes seems i can have the best fresh-water food round. ;D ;D ;D Spin the local river and guess what Red-fin by the boat full and few trout brown and rainbow Note large lol Well i could get me a native cod too 200 pounds and lots of native perch too.if you want to talk about BIG Fish lets go sea fishing hahahahahahah

tinpan Want to talk about OLD relics too i can go a back 30,000 years lol

;D ;D ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread