Florida Gold TV Series Casting Call

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Re: Florida Hunters wanted for TV Series

AlFu said:
SCDigger,

I do believe you and I spoke about a year ago about what I was trying to accomplish. I really respect your opinions on this matter. It was because of the quality and content of your Youtube videos that I contacted you to begin with. Nice to see you again.

H.H.

Al

Hey Al,

Yes, I remember. I hope you're doing well. And I hope others will understand I'm not against a MDing show...but, for me to be involved in it, the focus of the show would have share my philosophies on the hobby as well. It also depends on HOW the show is produced...I think something taken on by NatGeo would probably have a different effect than one that is purchased and promoted by say, SpikeTV...which, unfortunately is an outlet for one of the shows floating around out there. Take care! Thanks for the kind words.

GT

OP
OP
T

TomTV

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I've modified the original post, but here it is as modified.

One thing I can say for sure, the emphasis we're after is above
all else: fun.

It's the best ingredient.

Hi all,

At this point a lot of you know that Pixcom Productions is
casting for a tv series about metal detecting in Florida.

Why Florida? Fun, sun, bathing suits, and gold!

Y'all know there's gold down there floating out of the sand.
The only question is: who's gonna find it?

Wanna be on the series? We're looking for metal detectorists with
a difference. We've got a guy who carried six dumptrucks of earth
to his backyard so he could hunt the earth to his own
satisfaction. We got a guy who knows all the tricks about finding
bling on the beaches (heck, we got a few of those.) We've got
a young gal getting into it, looking for a way to make
it work as a bit more than a hobby, maybe even survive on it. And
we got people making enough dollars at it they can buy nice
trips, pay bills, even buy vehicles and put down payments on
their houses. One guy is planning on opening a jewelry store with
his hoard of treasure!

What you got? And I don't mean treasure, I mean what's your angle?

Send us an email with your name, age, what you got for an angle,
plus a headshot and your skype name. An angle can be anything: a way
of hunting, or maybe you want to pay off your university tuition,
or maybe you like to hunt in places other people don't go. Whatever
it is, we want to know.

We're looking for enthusiastic eager players, upbeat, positive,
funny, and maybe a little bent is okay too. Okay, how about a lot bent?
After all, this is Florida we're talkin' about.

Email me at: [email protected]

Or call: 514 489 5499

For more information about Pixcom Productions, go here:
http://www.pixcom.com/en/home.html

And remember: everyone's got impressive finds. The only
question is What's your angle? Let us get you on the show and we
can find out what you're skills as a detectorist are like then...

Thanks for reading!

Best,
Tom
PS. If you have any great ideas for how a show like this could work,
please do include them...thanks!

A

AlFu

Re: Florida Hunters wanted for TV Series

SCdigger said:
AlFu said:
SCDigger,

I do believe you and I spoke about a year ago about what I was trying to accomplish. I really respect your opinions on this matter. It was because of the quality and content of your Youtube videos that I contacted you to begin with. Nice to see you again.

H.H.

Al

Hey Al,

Yes, I remember. I hope you're doing well. And I hope others will understand I'm not against a MDing show...but, for me to be involved in it, the focus of the show would have share my philosophies on the hobby as well. It also depends on HOW the show is produced...I think something taken on by NatGeo would probably have a different effect than one that is purchased and promoted by say, SpikeTV...which, unfortunately is an outlet for one of the shows floating around out there. Take care! Thanks for the kind words.

GT
I couldn't agree with you more! The fact that these promoters are after an "angle" says it all. I am all for the educational aspects associated with our hobby and NatGeo would be a good platform to promote it. However, because my idea has to do with the competitive aspects of a sport styled show, I'd want it to be on something like Versus or ESPN 2. It could be as big as any other competitive sport if it's promoted properly. I wish I was rich... I'd just do it myself. And to think, someone in Rhode Island just hit that Powerball jackpot too! No relation though. Bummer.

H.H.

Al

montanagold

Apr 20, 2008
Montana
Detector(s) used
Curently the AT pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Without letting to much out, both shows next tuesday will have a competitive aspect between two friends as well as some apraisals.

bazinga

Silver Member
Oct 31, 2005
High Five!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
montanagold said:
Without letting to much out, both shows next tuesday will have a competitive aspect between two friends as well as some apraisals.

1944 Mercury Dime - $40! Woo Hoo, we are gettin' rich now!

johnnyblaze

Silver Member
Dec 20, 2010
Rhode Island
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T2 SPECIAL EDITION
Primary Interest:
Other
I understand the damage it will do..For sure it will happen people trespassing and living holes wide open..

New laws against it...Lets face it this country is not a great place anymore..Since this imposter became president for the first time in my life i am not a proud American..

If its gonna happen its gonna happen..

So jump at the opportunity or lose out..

Blaze

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Comcast finally updated it's schedule
Diggers is finally listed as airing Tuesday night at 10

A

AlFu

jeff of pa said:
Isn't it American Diggers? The one with Rick Savage the former wrestler? Just wait until you see what these people to to private property! You might as well forget about ever getting permission from private property owners again. This guy uses a backhoe to dig up yards and then sells the artifacts which then end up in the hands of private collectors never to be seen again. This will not work out for our hobby! Watch and see!

Al

SCdigger

Apr 6, 2003
South Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher F75/F70, Garrett Infinium
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
AlFu said:
jeff of pa said:
Isn't it American Diggers? The one with Rick Savage the former wrestler? Just wait until you see what these people to to private property! You might as well forget about ever getting permission from private property owners again. This guy uses a backhoe to dig up yards and then sells the artifacts which then end up in the hands of private collectors never to be seen again. This will not work out for our hobby! Watch and see!

Al

Hey Al,

No, it's two seperate shows...Diggers is going to be on NatGeo starting next week. American Diggers is set to air this summer on SpikeTV...and is exactly the disaster in the making that I fear...every "reality" show that airs on Spike is manufactured reality (ie., Lizard Lick Towing, Hardcore Pawn, etc.), with uncessary drama to appeal to the "Jerry Springer" crowd...I'm really dreading it...

A

AlFu

I heard of another one too called Diamond Divers that takes place in South Africa. I'll look up Diggers now and see what it's all about. Thanks SC.

H.H.

Al

A

AlFu

johnnyblaze said:
AlFu said:
I heard of another one too called Diamond Divers that takes place in South Africa. I'll look up Diggers now and see what it's all about. Thanks SC.

H.H.

Al

Al just look under this post in general discussion :laughing9:

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,453664.0.html
Blaze
Thanks JB. I went to the Nat Geo website and there is nothing on there about this show. Zero advertisement. I know now who you are talking about though. I wish them the best with it but for all of our sakes, I hope it doesn't backfire! To many of us, this is much more than a hobby that is at stake, it's a way of life. A passion that runs deep in our veins. Are we about to bleed out all over the tv?

Al

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jeff of pa said:

Yeah, I couldn't find it before. I have the DVR set, so I can watch the first episode and decided whether its good enough to warrant praise or criticism. There are 2 episodes, running back to back according to my schedule.

OP
OP
T

TomTV

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What about gators. Anyone ever hunt in gator infested waters? Anything like that?

OP
OP
T

TomTV

Tenderfoot
Feb 21, 2012
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
And jewelers. Any jewelers out there? Someone who deals with a lot detectorists, or a main base location where a lot of detectorists go to hang out? Apart from the clubs? Jewelry store, where we can look at the stuff, evaluate it, might be nice. Some place that's really hopping.

A

AlFu

TomTV said:
What about gators. Anyone ever hunt in gator infested waters? Anything like that?

I'm sure many do, just not up here in the Northeast!

Al

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TomTV said:
And jewelers. Any jewelers out there? Someone who deals with a lot detectorists, or a main base location where a lot of detectorists go to hang out? Apart from the clubs? Jewelry store, where we can look at the stuff, evaluate it, might be nice. Some place that's really hopping.

Exactly what type of herbs are you smoking up there? Are you suffering from cabin fever? You obviously know NOTHING about the people you are wanting to showcase. The only place tectorists "hang out" is online. Very, very few hunters ever find enough jewelry to have to worry about disposal. And Jewelers would be the worst choice.

This is why your show won't work, you don't know us. Most of us are working full time jobs and we squeeze in a few hours of tecting on the weekend between honey-dos. A few are retired and enjoy a little hunting time every day. We don't have hangouts. He enjoy talking shop with a few friends online or at a monthly meeting for maybe an hour.

A

AlFu

Jason in Enid said:
TomTV said:

Exactly what type of herbs are you smoking up there? Are you suffering from cabin fever? You obviously know NOTHING about the people you are wanting to showcase. The only place tectorists "hang out" is online. Very, very few hunters ever find enough jewelry to have to worry about disposal. And Jewelers would be the worst choice.

This is why your show won't work, you don't know us. Most of us are working full time jobs and we squeeze in a few hours of tecting on the weekend between honey-dos. A few are retired and enjoy a little hunting time every day. We don't have hangouts. He enjoy talking shop with a few friends online or at a monthly meeting for maybe an hour.
My point exactly as well. At east the type of show that I came up with focuses on the competitive aspects that most clubs enjoy already. What these promoters and producers want will ultimately destroy our hobby. They don't have a clue about who we are and they only see $$$$. No offense intended there Tom but unless you decide to depict us in a context that actually helps us to have a better hobby, don't bother.

Al

Lakemonster

Mar 20, 2011
Chandler Tx
Detector(s) used
White's VX3, Garrett AT PRO, Tesoro Cibola
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Why? I kayak those waters.... have to use a chainsaw etc.. Snakes, wild hogs, gators...etc.

Think of the repercussions here. How many beach goers are going to see this show and think "I better take my rings off before I go to the beach."
Now that they see all the jewelry that gets lost.

Still fishing for the jewelry shop thing eh? I think you better smoke another bowl of that Montreal hash! :tard:

I sure hope nobody's dumb enough to give him this information!

Imagine if a jeweler was showing a pile of rings that some treasure hunter sold him and a viewer saw their ring. They would get all pissed and then there's some bad press.

Not to mention showing everyone how much can be made from beach hunting and before you know it.....5 times the competition and new laws or taxes being made.

Why should I care, I'm not living in Florida right?

This is my third post on this thread.

Obviously I care unlike the person who started it!

Gators.......give me a break. ::)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread