Flu Shots.

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Am I one of these "same people" you speak of?
To be weary of Your Own Personal Health is my own right..to witness untrained professionals offering Free Shots is quite discerning

Not speaking of anyone in particular just people in general. What I find discerning is to see an otherwise healthy child walk in to the emergency room and an hour later getting chest compressions because she went into cardiac arrest from flu complications. The look of despair and disbelief in her parents eyes when they realize their child is gone from the flu. Multitudes of otherwise healthy people young and old clinging to life in the hospital from flu complications. It does happen every year. People seem to just not take it seriously. They seem to want to blame other health problems, government conspiracies, sudden concerns about preservatives, etc, etc, etc.

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I get the flu shot. I really don't care if you do or don't. As long as you stay home if you are ill. But I see people walking around blowing boogers all the time claiming they aren't sick? Some people don't realize they are Typhoid Mary !

TheGoldProspector

Apr 14, 2014
Gold Country - California
Detector(s) used
-Keene A52 - Fab2.5 Highbanker - GoldNSand Hand Dredge

Garrett AT Pro - Bazooka Gold Trap 30" Prospector - Garrett Ace 250 - Blue Bowl Concentrator
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'm the first to say I'm quite odd
No offense towards anyone was ever intended toward anyone on tn. I wish the best for ya all

Heavy pans

rwd mo

Jul 26, 2011
SW Mo
Detector(s) used
Minelab/whites/Tesoro/
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
It seems the flu shot isn't as good as they thought to keep the flu away and by the way I can give ya a shot as I worked in a 9 story hospital in the emergency room and worked in the morgue also during NAM times so step right up. rwd mo

Dave44

Silver Member
Apr 3, 2006
Chesterfield, Va.
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT, Minelab Etrac, Minelab Excal II, At pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It seems the flu shot isn't as good as they thought to keep the flu away and by the way I can give ya a shot as I worked in a 9 story hospital in the emergency room and worked in the morgue also during NAM times so step right up. rwd mo
True, aren't they saying it has a 30 % chance of protection this time, or something like that? Even though I know, I still hope I don't get the flu!

And don't worry bout my feelings Gold Prospector, I may be gruff at times, but nothing on the net hurts me. ( sticks and stones many times less personal.) But I appreciate the gesture, heavy pans to you too.

Last edited:

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Well that makes me think I could do it too! We sharpened those needles on a whetstone now and then to give the blackleg, B complex etc. etc. if they started getting a bit dull. If it pays well enough Bosn I can be the nurse, or if they cry too hard about the needle we could put em in a squeeze chute or calf table! ( Still keep my knife sharp too just in case!)

Yeah, use the calf table and offer vasectomy's along with the shots. They'd prolly really buck and snort about being ear marked, but I bet between the two of us we could de-horn the politicians.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1- hopefully you understand that ignorance simply means uninformed. I'm not calling anyone names.

2- with your experiences and perceptions why would you ever go to a doctor at all?

3-I'm not saying every bit of medical advice is gospel and every available medication Is a cure all. However, the flu shot has been shown to be very safe for most people and the benefit far outweighs the risk. Obviously it's not 100% as most things aren't. Heck, peanut butter kills some people.

4-getting the flu may not kill YOU or even make you that sick. It may kill the person you pass it along to or the next one tho who could be a child or family member.

5-I just find it so perplexing the reasons people use that are so adamantly against it. Yet they think nothing of stuffing their bodies with fat, calories, alcohol, cigarettes, etc that is obviously so much more dangerous.

6-if no one got the flu shot, people would actually see how deadly it could be and they would be scared to death.

7-yes everyone should get a flu shot that is not at a specific risk for getting it. Young & old. Obviously everyone has the right not to get one and I'm not trying to say anyone is a bad person if they don't. Just uninformed...IN MY OPINION.

1. You used both ignorance and ignorant in your post. Uninformed is a much different word and doesn't have the same negative connotation.

2. Funny you say that. During the holidays, I had a pinched nerve and every time I sat down, pain would shoot up my whole right arm. I needed to go see a doctor bad but I didn't because the flu "epidemic" crowded all the hospitals and doctors offices. You see, not only did this year's flu shot do nothing to prevent it, but people are now too stupid to stay home and deal with common illnesses, so they all go to the hospitals and clog up the medical system. You think I'm going to go sit for 6 to 8 hours in a germ infested room? Nope, like usual I deal with sh*t on my own. Add three deaths of people who were close to me caused by doctor's errors, misdiagnoses on my own self, and a over-burdened system and yes, people like me don't go to doctors.

3. Really? So, there's been years of tests and experiments to prove that vaccinations are safe? C'mon, research happens where the money is and big pharma will not spend the money to do proper tests. Usually, they develop a product and throw it out there on the market without knowing much about it.

4. I'm not passing anything around because I do not have the virus. If I did, then my girlfriend would have been sick as we swap saliva often.
You keep talking about children getting it. Well, every adult that I know who got sick this year, got it from their kids. Yes, while you're mirroring the news about the big Disney epidemic, it's still small in comparison to something else that cannot be avoided. You know what that is? It's called PUBLIC SCHOOL. :laughing7: That's where most of the viruses get passed around!

5. No problems with fat and calories. You know why? Because I EXERCISE. Alcohol is casual and I quit smoking (for 7 months so far) after 25 years. Even when I was a smoker, I didn't get sick. Please show us the ideal model of health as I wish to follow your example!

6. Really? Can you prove that?

7. Well, I never got a flu shot before and I never will. I can assure you that I'm not uninformed nor am I ignorant.
To me, it's no different than drinking a diet pop with aspartame. I'd rather consume 43 grams of sugar (rarely drink pop anyway) than to put an untested chemical that causes brain damage and cancer into my body.
Oh and fluoride? You have no idea how INFORMED many of us are!
Like you said, let's just agree that we disagree.
Cheers,
Dave.

texasred777

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2013
Mountain Home, Idaho
Detector(s) used
BH Lone Star, BH Tracker IV, BH Tracker 2-D/707, Harbor Freight MD-3005, and 2 BH 840
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I felt about like you, Muddyhandz, but in December of 2012, I got both pneumonia and the flu. As you probably remember I have COPD pretty bad. I got over those quickly! Really surprised me. I was 70 at the time, 72 now. I have been taking the flu shot since then, though. At my age and in the conditions I have, I felt it wise to do. I too, try to stay away from people most of the time.
Yes, schools are a real incubator for disease. I got 3 different kinds of measles, whooping cough, chicken pox, and several other childhood disease that I can't even remember now, all from public school. But back then, it was just what was expected. We did really want the disease, but we knew when it was over, we were very unlikely to get it again; that our bodies were immune to it.
I won't try to tell anyone to get or not get the shots; or even go to a doctor. That's up to them to decide.

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I respect your beliefs about the issue but this is the epitome of why the flu is such an epidemic and why so many people die from it each year.

The epitome of why people die is better left to the creator of the deceased. I'm 57 and Thank God that I have rarely ever been sick my whole life. Haven't been to a doctor in at least 35 years.
I got a spider bite about 2 years ago while out in the woods on my little finger. Treated it with neosporin until I could get to the VA. By the time I did go...it was healed. Fortunately it wasn't a brown recluse. It did take a ring of skin off about the size of a nickel. It grew back! I strongly believe that too many people rely too much on doctors. They get a sniffle and they run to see them. I say let the body do what it was designed to do....build immunity on it's own. I got pison ivy as a kid....I can play with it now and it doesn't affect me. As for trusting doctors and their push a pill agenda.....I don't trust them. If they would actually be honest with us and recommend the "natural" medication that has been with us since the creation of man....then I would be more likely to. Till then...unless I get hit by a bus....I will do my own doctoring if I feel I have a need. Makes me feel a little sick to see all these pill commercials on TV with all their side effects. Who wants "butt leakage" when you could have taken garlic instead? Some side effects are really funny....like... This drug may cause you to have a brain hemorrage....but...you will stop smoking! Or....this drug may cause you to want to run out and "gamble"! Or...commit suicide...! Never had a flu shot...and I'll keep "praying" to Doctor Jesus that I won't need one. And another thing...who's afraid of dying? Not me. Too old for that nonsense. To die is to be with "Him"! And you can be assured when He says...."Change you can believe in"! It will be done!

Last edited:

goldkey

May 21, 2013
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Nokta/Macro Anfibio Multi / Nokta Fors Core /Ace 250 - w/ 9"x12" Coil /
Whites TRX Bullseye
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I stayed at a Holiday Inn once...I'm qualified too! Better yet... I was a sniper in the 82nd Abn.....You won't see the needle coming and you won't feel a thing.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
there is a reason people live longer than they ever did. Pennicillin, antibotics, antiviruses, my sister got polio in 1949, media spreads fear, paranoia, misinformation, and anti everything. I will take the shots.

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stayed at a Holiday Inn once....

lol I like that. Some of this stuff should be in a commercial. It's amazing the things people formulate in their minds and actually believe. It's like people just choose to ignore reality. What a world we live in.....I honestly don't know how some people step outside each day.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is amazing what people formulate in their heads........

Better than a Flu Shot!
Miss Beatrice,
The church organist,
Was in her eighties and had never been married.
She was admired for her sweetness and kindness to all.
One afternoon the pastor came to call on her and she showed him into her quaint sitting room.
She invited him to have a seat while she prepared tea...
As he sat facing her old Hammond organ, the young
minister noticed a cut glass bowl sitting on top of it.
The bowl was filled with water, and in the water floated....
of all things, a condom!
When she returned with tea and scones, they began to chat.
The pastor tried to stifle his curiosity about the bowl of water and its
strange floater, but soon it got the better of him and he could no longer resist.
'Miss Beatrice', he said, 'I wonder if you would tell me about this?
Pointing to the bowl.
'Oh, yes,' she replied, Isn't it wonderful?
I was walking through the park a few months ago and I found
this little package on the ground.
The directions said to place it on the organ,
Keep it wet and that it would prevent the spread of disease.
Do you know I haven't had the flu yet this season......

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wives tales fairy tales and Santa Claus. what would we do without them. I can completely understand that some people have crazy( imo) beliefs about the world. Conspiracies, fluoride, etc. what is so perplexing to me is the stigma attached to the flu shot in particular. People will smoke cigarettes, drink alcohol, put anything and everything in their bodies thru their mouth as they continue to have more and more health problems and do nothing about it but it's the flu shot people seem to be so worried about. If it was a larger portion of the population it would be interesting to see what would happen if you told them NOT to get it.

metalhealth

Aug 6, 2014
N.C.
Detector(s) used
excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
1. You used both ignorance and ignorant in your post. Uninformed is a much different word and doesn't have the same negative connotation.

This explanation in and of itself helps me understand why people have the mindset they do about the shot. Choose to ignore the true meaning of a word.....choose to ignore reality. Sometimes u just forget who u are debating with and its better to let it go and move on. Peace and good health to all.

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I guess we're all crazy then.

quiet-riot-metal-health.jpg

O.K. carry on having the last word now that everyone has left the thread.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread