Flu Shots.

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as this is the one year anniversery of my entering the ICU for 9 days with the flu, that turned into pnemonia, 4 days that I don't recall, and 20% permanent damage to my lungs....Get the shot, I never did before and you never know .....but will get one every year from now out. But we all choose for ourselves, but going to the other side during the ambulance ride last year made a definite impression on me.....Gary

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well as this is the one year anniversery of my entering the ICU for 9 days with the flu, that turned into pnemonia, 4 days that I don't recall, and 20% permanent damage to my lungs....Get the shot, I never did before and you never know .....but will get one every year from now out. But we all choose for ourselves, but going to the other side during the ambulance ride last year made a definite impression on me.....Gary
Glad your doing okay now...?

I have never had to use flood insurance, but doesn't stop me from having it.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quote Originally Posted by worldtalker View Post
As of 01/18/15......8 of the residents have DIED after receiving the"shot".
As of 1/28/15...make it 10 on Her wing,there are 3 other wings.

I would like to see actual proof not just heresay

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Quote Originally Posted by worldtalker View Post
As of 01/18/15......8 of the residents have DIED after receiving the"shot".
As of 1/28/15...make it 10 on Her wing,there are 3 other wings.

I would like to see actual proof not just heresay

I see no reason my Wife would lie to me about it.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Worldtalker it figures, I trust history, medical science today, Education, facts and I understand how these things work, The last thing I trust is these wacky internet sites frightning and spreading rumors and nonfactual ideas. I don't trust you, your sites or your wife, I know and trust my educated Doctor and friend.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Worldtalker it figures, I trust history, medical science today, Education, facts and I understand how these things work, The last thing I trust is these wacky internet sites frightning and spreading rumors and nonfactual ideas. I don't trust you, your sites or your wife, I know and trust my educated Doctor and friend.

No one is asking you for trust,a little common sense goes a LOOOOONG way,ever hear of HIPPA?

Muddyhandz

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2012
In da bush
Detector(s) used
Fisher's 1266X, 1270X & 1280X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about Chris but I know that I started researching Flu vaccinations, aspartame, fluoride, big pharma, etc. during the early 1990's in something called BOOKS, way before the Internet.
Is your "trust" something you developed based on all the facts presented in a unbiased format? Education means nothing in the real world unless it got you a job in what you studied.
That's all education is good for when you've received it from institutions......a job.
Lets take archaeology in North America. An archy studies for years in the institution and if lucky, gets a job in that area. Due to lack of funding for years and years, the archy has very little field experience.
In their publications, you will see them quoting (outdated) theories from previous archies who also had limited field work.
Someone like me, who educates himself on the subject and is out there all the time accumulating historical data, can prove old theories to be incorrect (and have) because I have way more field experience and actual data. I have at least three books planned with this new data that will change some of the outdated theories.
Doctors are no different and have a limited amount of education from the institution. Anything outside of this box, they will definitely reject.
There's a whole realm of possibility outside of the doctor's bubble.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
I don't know about Chris but I know that I started researching Flu vaccinations, aspartame, fluoride, big pharma, etc. during the early 1990's in something called BOOKS, way before the Internet.
Is your "trust" something you developed based on all the facts presented in a unbiased format? Education means nothing in the real world unless it got you a job in what you studied.
That's all education is good for when you've received it from institutions......a job.
Lets take archaeology in North America. An archy studies for years in the institution and if lucky, gets a job in that area. Due to lack of funding for years and years, the archy has very little field experience.
In their publications, you will see them quoting (outdated) theories from previous archies who also had limited field work.
Someone like me, who educates himself on the subject and is out there all the time accumulating historical data, can prove old theories to be incorrect (and have) because I have way more field experience and actual data. I have at least three books planned with this new data that will change some of the outdated theories.
Doctors are no different and have a limited amount of education from the institution. Anything outside of this box, they will definitely reject.
There's a whole realm of possibility outside of the doctor's bubble.

My take on a lot of doctors....are the ones that flunked of of Veterinary School.

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I heard of Hippa, it is about patient privacy, and as for Common sense, they use to say the Sun circled the Earth, and that the world was flat, until science told you better. There are thousands of COMMON SENSE ideas that have been proven false over the years. And as for your opinion of Doctors , considering the source, that and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee.

Last edited:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes I heard of Hippa, it is about patient privacy, and as for Common sense, they use to say the Sun circled the Earth, and that the world was flat, until science told you better. There are thousands of COMMON SENSE ideas that have been proven false over the years. And as for your opinion of Doctors , considering the source, that and $1.50 will get you a cup of coffee.
Earth was flat, man will never fly, space travel is a fantasy..

Earth is round, man not only flies in planes but also in glider suits and jet packs and man has been in space since April 1961..

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yea muddyhands a doctor of astrophysics will know more about newton and quantum physics than a Doctor of medicine although a Radiogoligist has to learn alot of it. lots of people read lots and lots of books and have lots of practical experience in the different studys, To be recognize as a expert in whatever field, you would have to be recognized as one by the evaluation by peers equal to your academic standard. Your own personal evaluation of yourself as a academic or expert will not carry you very far . And the Academic start with a theory put together from the notes and data from experiments and trial work, then prove it with facts solid data before presentating it to his peers for review and evaluation. I will be looking for your papers or book, as it is a free country you can come to any conclusion you want but that does not validate anything or have any value.

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other

If you don't agree..fine,no reason to get upset about it man.

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Something that hasn't been touched on is the VERIFIED FACT that widely-administered vaccines have contained dangerous contaminants unknown to the medical community at the time (indeed, it was the purported "experts" who were ignorant of the full nature of what they were injecting into people!).

Let me bring your attention to SV40; Simian Vacuolating Virus 40, which was a contaminant of the Polio Vaccine from its inception to the early 1980s, perhaps up to the fall of the Soviet Bloc in 1991. If you're over 40 and received the Polio vaccine in the USA, chances are high that you have SV40 lurking in your body. Transmission between humans via typical means (like the cold/flu, etc) hasn't been substantiated (it's a simian virus, after all), so the Polio vaccine itself was essentially the sole vector of viral transmission. Tens of millions of people were injected with the contaminated vaccines before the virus was discovered and the tainted vaccines were replaced with "safe" batches on a comprehensive global basis. That's to say "safe as far as we know, just like the flu vaccines" until new, presently-unknown dangers are discovered...

What's the big deal you ask? SV40 causes tumors, and has been found in the "nucleus" of biopsied cancerous growths!

So the next time an "expert" tells you that your distrust of vaccines is rooted in ignorance, remember the FACT that these same kinds of experts, through their dogmatic conviction in the infallibility of the state of medical science, unwittingly infected millions with a virus that escaped their notice for decades.

Now don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that the concept of vaccines is at fault, but humans make mistakes, and by extension, any product of the human mind and human hands is possibly tainted by the unexpected foul fruits of human ignorance. The flu vaccine is probably a net-positive, but maintaining a healthy skepticism is the best course of action in my opinion. Individuals (usually left-leaning) who ridicule, infantilize, and generally demonize those who have a distrust of vaccines are scarcely better than ignorant, dogmatically-blinded fanatics who burned witches at the stake in centuries past; they just can't get away with literal witch-hunts these days.

Anyway, I'm healthy and in my 20s, have never had the flu and haven't been seriously ill since I caught salmonella second-hand from a family that was afflicted by the tainted Peter Pan peanut butter fiasco a number of years ago. That really really sucked. I make my living online so I have no need to interact with many people, and most of my hobbies are solitary, so I'm not eagerly lining-up to get myself injected with a vaccine that's only 20% effective this year and is liable to make me feel crappy for a few days, in the 1-in-5 chance that I catch a strain actually covered by the vaccine while out exploring desolate BLM lands this flu season.

Common sense indeed! :laughing7:

kayakpat

Mar 31, 2013
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
common sense ????? Salmonella is a food borne illness and must be injested, How did you get it second hand? my older sister had polio in the late 40's or early 50's, I would take the Odds of way less harm from inoculation than the chance of polio or any other of these diseases.

Last edited:

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Something that hasn't been touched on is the VERIFIED FACT that widely-administered vaccines have contained dangerous contaminants unknown to the medical community at the time (indeed, it was the purported "experts" who were ignorant of the full nature of what they were injecting into people!).

Let me bring your attention to SV40; Simian Vacuolating Virus 40, which was a contaminant of the Polio Vaccine from its inception to the early 1980s, perhaps up to the fall of the Soviet Bloc in 1991. If you're over 40 and received the Polio vaccine in the USA, chances are high that you have SV40 lurking in your body. Transmission between humans via typical means (like the cold/flu, etc) hasn't been substantiated (it's a simian virus, after all), so the Polio vaccine itself was essentially the sole vector of viral transmission. Tens of millions of people were injected with the contaminated vaccines before the virus was discovered and the tainted vaccines were replaced with "safe" batches on a comprehensive global basis. That's to say "safe as far as we know, just like the flu vaccines" until new, presently-unknown dangers are discovered...

What's the big deal you ask? SV40 causes tumors, and has been found in the "nucleus" of biopsied cancerous growths!

So the next time an "expert" tells you that your distrust of vaccines is rooted in ignorance, remember the FACT that these same kinds of experts, through their dogmatic conviction in the infallibility of the state of medical science, unwittingly infected millions with a virus that escaped their notice for decades.

Now don't get me wrong; I'm not saying that the concept of vaccines is at fault, but humans make mistakes, and by extension, any product of the human mind and human hands is possibly tainted by the unexpected foul fruits of human ignorance. The flu vaccine is probably a net-positive, but maintaining a healthy skepticism is the best course of action in my opinion. Individuals (usually left-leaning) who ridicule, infantilize, and generally demonize those who have a distrust of vaccines are scarcely better than ignorant, dogmatically-blinded fanatics who burned witches at the stake in centuries past; they just can't get away with literal witch-hunts these days.

Anyway, I'm healthy and in my 20s, have never had the flu and haven't been seriously ill since I caught salmonella second-hand from a family that was afflicted by the tainted Peter Pan peanut butter fiasco a number of years ago. That really really sucked. I make my living online so I have no need to interact with many people, and most of my hobbies are solitary, so I'm not eagerly lining-up to get myself injected with a vaccine that's only 20% effective this year and is liable to make me feel crappy for a few days, in the 1-in-5 chance that I catch a strain actually covered by the vaccine while out exploring desolate BLM lands this flu season.

Common sense indeed! :laughing7:

Do you know of this?

Benefits of Grapefruit Seed Extract | Applied Health

Plumbata

Bronze Member
May 13, 2012
Wyoming
Detector(s) used
White's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
common sense ????? Salmonella is a food borne illness and must be injested, How did you get it second hand?

There were 3 children under the age of 10 who got sick in that house. Let's just say that children don't necessarily wash their hands consistently, and touch the same doorknobs the rest of us do. You don't need to ingest tainted foods in order to introduce the bacteria into the body.

my older sister had polio in the late 40's or early 50's, I would take the Odds of way less harm from inoculation than the chance of polio or any other of these diseases.

Sorry to hear about your sister, but you seem to be overlooking my point. When people claim that vaccines are "completely safe" and then go on to make assumptions regarding the intellectual prowess of skeptics, claiming that such individuals are ignorant etc. etc., chances are that they are merely parrots of the simplified, pre-packaged mainstream media (or big-pharma subsidized) rhetoric and haven't actually done any independent research beyond perhaps doing a single Google search and clicking on the very first link that supports their narrow world-view. "Common-sense" isn't very common you know, and considering the fact that half the world has a 2-digit IQ, falling in-line with the narrative accepted by the majority is by no means a certain indicator of wisdom or understanding.

Anyway, I'm saying that there is ample reason to be suspicious of vaccines because they've been proven to be dangerously tainted in the past, and although present data might not suggest any great and overwhelming danger from the average single flu vaccine, it doesn't mean that repeated yearly injections over 50+ years with a sample-size in the millions of individuals will, in those 50 years, result in a data-set free from evidence of either cumulative risk (from other ingredients) or accidental acute risk (from a bad batch, such as the Fungal Meningitis outbreak resulting from tainted methylprednisolone injections which directly caused dozens of deaths, for example).

Everyone is (should be) free to do their own research and decide what is best for themselves personally. Want to pay the cash to get stuck in the arm and feel sick for a few days in exchange for a 1/5 chance at immunity to the flu? Go right ahead. Want to abstain because you perceive that the risks outweigh the benefits? More power to ya. The individual freedom of self-determination (even if the exercise of such leads to personal injury/death) is what I'd consider an innate and unalienable right, so I have no patience for those who seek to impose their own totalitarian will upon all others. Mandated vaccines, and all those who would seek to impose them, are patently Anti-American.

Here's some food for thought:

“Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.”

― C.S. Lewis

I tend to be highly skeptical of the alternative health industry as well, so I wouldn't place too much trust in it. They are grubbing for shekels just like big-pharma, only with a focus on the smaller niche-market of people who are dogmatically opposed to big-pharma and its (openly revealed) synthetic drugs. Indeed, a study I found just now has shown that much of the antimicrobial effects of the seed extracts from multiple sources may be the result of synthetic anti-microbial adulterants; Benzethonium Chloride being the one that stuck out for me because I actually use the pure chemical for various "proprietary" applications. One must take everything with a huge grain of salt.

Savehistory

Tenderfoot
Feb 6, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Polio is still with us, if anything vaccines spread it. It's simply been rebranded into many new ailments.

Spinal meningitis for one.

Google Hiding Polio.

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread