• w-mhow433.jpg
    w-mhow433.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 528
Upvote 0

joshuaream

Silver Member
Jun 25, 2009
Florida & Hong Kong
It looks like a very old olmec fist from Mexico, either that or a modern azabache (canal coal) fist from Latin America (supposedly it protects you from the 'evil eye' and from general bad luck.)

Th3rty7

Silver Member
Jan 24, 2009
»»--------->
lincha said:
See attached picture from Western Artifacts Old World Artifacts. I took my pic off of here. I am not going to rip anybody off, said items were for sale had not been sold. Im taking my rocks and going home. Thirty, TN and other naysayers my Rock or Artifact was similar to this one.

lincha, don't get upset and please post whatever you want, don't let a couple of " naysayers " get you down. When you come on here trying to sell questionable pieces you have to expect some negativity.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah sorry if your feelings got hurt. Now that you have some good information why not re-post your item beside this one from the musuem that is similiar so we can see where we went wrong . :thumbsup:
Or we can get them to pull it up from the archives. I would like to see it again.
TnMtns :icon_sunny:

OP
OP
lincha

lincha

Feb 27, 2007
Iowa
Its alright with me if they repost the other one, not sure how to do it or I would do it myself.

OP
OP
lincha

lincha

Feb 27, 2007
Iowa
Hey I finally got my camera again so Josh, TN here is a picture of my item for your review, found in a creek bed in Mississippi.

Attachments

• 156.JPG
    156.JPG
    36.8 KB · Views: 324
  • 159.JPG
    159.JPG
    37.8 KB · Views: 317

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree it looks similiar to a hand and the round handle at the bottom seems polished. The pictures you posted are as jousha stated S.American. Yours is from Mississippi. I could see somebody holding that up for a vote. I think the trick in this one as its always hard to tell from pictures is have someone examine the fine polish is has and determine if it was done by man. I am no expert and can tell you that pictures from a computer can be very deceiving. If in doubt try to take it to one of the shows or better yet contact local and state archeologist for their opinions. I trust their knowledge better than some certificate of authenticity. It should be a fun journey for you and know it has been weighing heavy on you not knowing.
Please keep us updated ok? I would like for it to be real. How cool would that be?
TnMtns

wells

Mar 1, 2008
Middleburg, Pa.
Primary Interest:
Other
authentic or not something of that nature would'nt be very collectable to most artifact nuts, where flint weapons and tools are what they prefer.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread