FOREST FIRE: 17 NE Foresthill, CA

Hefty1

Bronze Member
Dec 5, 2010
Yea and Im a smoker to boot. They need to stop this thing. Its getting to close for comfort. Seen a masive amout of vehicals and trucks going in this morning as I was coming out.

calnatv

Mar 19, 2011
I've lived with fires for the past 20 years in the Trinity's. And I can tell you fires in the drainage were not good for dredging. Holes fill up and the creek becomes choked with debris and overburden. Takes years for the gold to classify. But were not dredging anymore :tongue3: I imagine it's good for the detectors.

Fullpan

Bronze Member
May 6, 2012
nevada
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Did the claim get fried? or too soon to tell?

Also now, the Rim fire outa-control and sending bad smoke North East into Lake Tahoe and Reno. Old timers here in Reno say this is worst smoke ever!

Thank you Environmental Professors at Berkeley!

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
GMT&GM3 Whites MXT Pro, Shadow X5, Fisher 1280, OMG and the TDI
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
It simply can not be true, i refuse to accept or acknowledge your hypothesis, I beleive this not to be a selfish act of an organization who proclaims to be a protector of eatrh, whom say logging is bad and the clear cutting would not have created the fire break or slowed this fire down and Carbon Monixide is a polutaint with out which we could not breath, them that say we are better and the rest know nothing, if i may share a sample of thier brilliance
1237053_565863346804486_1524277449_n.jpg

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The fire is now burning in some very rugged country way up the NF of the MF of the American River. Due to the severity of the canyon it is in they can not put crews on the ground in there. I've seen this country from the canyon rim and it is Bad Stuff and I really wanted to get in there! The trees are burning all the way to the tops so the "Canopy" is being lost, this means the forest floor will be exposed to sunlight so the weed growth will be extreme blocking access to the area as well as growing a lot of fast burning fuel for the next fire. Not good!

Hefty 1's pictures are great but they can not quite convey the feeling of being there with all that smoke. The feeling is quite spooky as you know you are on the edge of something not good, like a potential BBQ where you could be what's on the grill. America's forests, if we continue to be called America, need to be managed better by clearing the dead fuel up and thus reducing the severity of the fires. Low fires that do not touch the canopy are actually good for the forests as they keep the weeds under control. To call our forests "Managed" is a travesty that leads the citizens of this country to believe the forests are in good shape when they really are not.

IF the Agenda 21 rules are followed ALL living people will be concentrated in large dwelling areas, high occupancy apartments aka ghettos, surrounded by HUGE "Managed Forests" filled with all sorts of free ranging animals like bears, deer, mountain lions and of course one of the favorite animals of the greenies Wolves, large Packs of Wolves. The forests will become too dangerous to be out in and the cities will become sources of food for the animals. I would think they would have the elderly living on the outskirts of these large living zones as they can not move as fast and will just disappear and never be seen again, no need for mortuaries. Any mining activity will be carried out by massive industrial mining conglomerates and they will strip mine the "Wild Lands" to death. But then the people will not be allowed into the forests so we will never see what the government and industrialists are doing to the earth. Except of course we might accidentally be able to see a river in high flood stage and it will be so full of overburden that it will flood everything within it s reach.

But then "Our Government" is watching over us so we've nothing to worry about. All will be well just believe in what they are telling us and accept their handouts that come from the pocket books of all those who actually work for a living. Soon some of us will be emigrating to places like Mexico as the living there will be better than it is here. Remember, "Uncle Sam Wants You"!..............................63bkpkr

NuggetN8

Mar 13, 2012
Northern California
Detector(s) used
SDC 2300
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Somebody I know made this video of the American fire. Not sure how they got out there to film this but its a nice video.

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Another result of powerful brain-dead do gooders. Chase the loggers off who used to pay for schools and other gov't revenue - now using gov't money to
fight huge fires and do millions in restoration. Brilliant.

Back to topic: - I looked at fire map, then switched to google e. and saw a photo of miners shack right in burn area - hope it survives.

BTW: - we are choking on the smoke in Reno. Got a lot of smoke from the Aspen fire (east of Fresno) two weeks ago. And just
halfway thru fire season.
..Now you are gettin ours!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...little something I see going on down here...one of last years fires here,the whole burn area(Huge) is CLOSED to all acess,fines and improsinment.I was told it was because of the chance of burned out trees falling...OK,so when does that "chance",go away?Another way to lock us out?The fire I am watching out my back door right now is presently at 126,000 acres and growing...be damned they keep me out of there,come next fall

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
my appoligies i corrected my brain lapse
It simply can not be true, i refuse to accept or acknowledge your hypothesis, I beleive this not to be a selfish act of an organization who proclaims to be a protector of eatrh, whom say logging is bad and the clear cutting would not have created the fire break or slowed this fire down and Carbon:hello2: Dioxide is a polutaint with out which we could not breath, them that say we are better and the rest know nothing, if i may share a sample of thier brilliance
1237053_565863346804486_1524277449_n.jpg

2cmorau

Bronze Member
Nov 8, 2010
Camptonville, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
a couple years back fire broke out near Bullards Bar, crew went in and cut most of the tree's down after the fire, don't have a clue what burn't wood is good for anybody? but, the new road that leads into this area is gated, not sure if it's private or forest could be maybe Hefty, Kuger is on to something

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hiking along the North Fork of the American in 2009 after the burn in 2008 was possible with lots of trees down though the fire crews had kept their entrance/exit routes clear so there was a trail to hike. Soot everywhere, my water filter needed cleaning frequently, root fires had left tunnels and care in hiking to not fall through these was required. In 2010 till now the weeds were growing like crazy making hiking tough and miserable, should the fire get back in there this time it will be a fast hot burn with limited fuel. With all the weeds/ground cover burned off one could see things that had not been exposed since they were left there in the 1800's.

The potential for severe ground erosion is there but I could not confirm easy pickings either up or down river........................63bkpkr

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
This is the aftermath of the Aspen fire and the Spotted owl farce. Two towns mills shut down, no jobs, a school district devastated by the support of local loggers. Shame on these people whose failed policies are destroying habitat and animals by the millions. Anybody for roasted spotted owl, how yosimite toad frog legs.

Attachments

• Aspen fire 001.JPG
    Aspen fire 001.JPG
    90.6 KB · Views: 89
  • Aspen fire 002.JPG
    Aspen fire 002.JPG
    92.3 KB · Views: 84
  • Aspen fire 003.JPG
    Aspen fire 003.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Aspen fire 004.JPG
    Aspen fire 004.JPG