Forrest Fenn s treasure

USAuPzlBxBob

Jun 27, 2017
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Over at "Home of Dal" there is extreme excitement about a new book by Forrest that will premier on November 2, 2017.

There is a Forward in the book, written by an eyewitness to the pre-hatching of TTotC, Doug Preston, part of which I have excerpted here:

The final clue... would be where they found his car: parking lot of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.

… He had already written the poem, he... read it to me. It was similar to the poem he later published in... The Thrill of the Chase, but not exactly the same. He tweaked it many times over the years, making it harder.

… he assured me that the poem, while absolutely reliable if the nine clues were followed in order, was extremely difficult to interpret—so tricky that he wouldn’t be surprised if it took nine hundred years before someone cracked it.

This Forward offers some interesting notions.

1. Preston listened to Forrest recite the poem before Forrest had made it "harder."
    • Maybe he remembers some parts of what Forrest read to him.
      • Forrest has claimed all along that the TC is hidden in the same location he originally had thought of.
      • This could mean that Preston may know alternative clues, phrases, or hints compared to the current version of the poem.
      • Since no one has found the TC, an easier version of the poem may hasten its finding.
    • Preston may someday become the bearer of the flame, should Forrest pass on before the TC is found.
  2. The final clue would be where they found his car: in the parking lot of the Denver Museum of Nature and Science.
    • This clue will still apply since the original location of the TC has never changed.
    • This line may just be another rabbit-hole since it can be thought of in multiple ways, i.e. a clue would have been placed in the car, or the car's location would be the clue, or ???
  3. Forrest admitted that the poem is "extremely difficult to interpret"
    • This possibly rules out straightforward "solves"
      • Forrest, worried about a possible quick 'solve,' deliberately threw in a few "curveballs."
Hmmm. Very interesting.

Maybe Forrest is worried that the TC will never, ever get found, or maybe Forrest hopes it will get found while he is still around, just to glimpse the hoopla of it all playing out.

Sort of like seeing what eventually would have happened way in the future, rather than never knowing if it would have been found, and appreciated.

Like being able to see the mourners at your funeral, see how much you actually meant to the world, rather than imagining what you would have meant to the world.

Like a Final Act.

After all, Forrest is amazed at how quickly the Chase has caught on, and so his hold on immortality-fame is already firmly rooted.

Maybe he's pushing the "solve button" to fast forward. Or maybe he just misses seeing the treasure chest and its contents, would like to see it one more time.

- Bob

Paleo_joe

Mar 5, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The "immortality" only lasts until any treasure is found. Then it all disappears into the dust of history. Ten years later, the only Forrests anyone remembers are Nathan Bedford and Gump.

Hunter D

Nov 29, 2016
Owosso, MI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thank you for all your posts; the good and the bad. They have been informative in one way or another.

I have been researching Fenn's hidden treasure for about a year now. It has been at the very least, educational. I have researched geographical locations as well as historical facts in which I never would have without the potential hidden treasure.Thank

Any potential location that I have narrowed my search down to, is just beautiful. Even without the treasure chest, I will walk away from this with a treasure of some sort.

"Everything in moderation; including moderation."

Sent from my SM-G950U using TreasureNet.com mobile app

USAuPzlBxBob

Jun 27, 2017
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a General Solve that parallels my favorite part of Abbey's Havasu Story. (Forrest must have read it at some point! The end just captures The Chase spirit.)

. .AIHGAIT AWMTB,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .Forrest found a place “alone" “and" he hid Indulgence “there."
ICKMSW, AHORNAO.. . . . . . . . . . . . . .He "can keep" secret his secret-place, “and" tempt everyone to search for “riches new and old."

. BIWWWH ATIITCD,. . . . . . 1st clue. The rim of a “canyon" where slippery sandstone scoops exist; your destination is “down," but consider this: Abbey's Havasu Story
NF,BTFTW. PIBTHOB.. . . . . .2nd clue. Descend the sheer-vertical, brown-sandstone, very high canyon wall by taking the long road “home" that cuts alongside it: there’s no other way “down."

.FTINPFTM, TEIEDN;. . . . . . 3rd clue. Leave the steep-sided road “below” in the “canyon" and steel yourself for a short, thrilling hike.
TBNPUYC, JHLAWH.. . . . . . .4th clue. Hike up in the direction of where the scoops are high above near the canyon rim, following a possibly dry-creek, boulder-strewn terrain.

IYBWAFTB, LQD,YQTC,. . . . 5th clue. Look for a “blaze” above on the sheer, brown-sandstone, canyon wall as you progress, and search below the “blaze."
.BTSWMG, JTTCAGIP.. . . . . 6th clue. Indulgence, a beautiful view of the surrounding canyon, and an ancient corpse: take Indulgence, and say a short prayer.

SWIITIMG ALMTFATS?. . . . . . . . . . . .Legal boilerplate relating to abandoning (“go”) a “trove."
..TAIAK, IDIT,ANIW.. . . . . .7th clue. If the first place you looked didn’t pan out, it’s because you didn’t “go” far enough; push yourself to look further.

SHMAALG, YEWBWTC.. . . . .8th clue. Supplemental: high wind area, hard to hear and warmth-sapping; also high-level lead-in for legal boilerplate. (stanza rhyme/symmetry)
.IYABAITW IGYTTTG.. . . . . 9th clue. Supplemental: adjacent trees may be present to help gain access to a ledge, crack, alcove; also high-level legal title-transfer.

thrillist

Sep 13, 2017
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is something you searchers really need to know about Forrest Fenn, the man is a very charming known for his quick wit and alluring stories, and he is a psychopath. Read the information at my site and you will see that you are dealing with a psychopath.
Psychopaths lie, cheat, and steal without a second thought. When confronted about their behavior, they offer a long list of excuses. They deny any wrongdoing and blame other people. Psychopaths don’t care who they have to hurt to get ahead. They’re willing to do whatever it takes to meet their objectives and they won’t feel bad about the damage their behavior causes other people.

USAuPzlBxBob

Jun 27, 2017
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ha!!!!!!! Too funny!!!!!!!!! (So, what else is new?)

Right on time, set my watch… if I owned one.

Can you believe it, hydra has grown another head?

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We have rules against using multiple usernames.

Sent from my P008 using Tapatalk

USAuPzlBxBob

Jun 27, 2017
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NF,BTFTW

When in my twenties in the Greater Phoenix area, a bunch of us would routinely "tube" the Salt River in the summer. As we'd come to the end of each tube trip we couldn't help but notice Red Mountain in the near distance, always looking redder than ever in the late day sun. Its lure was so compelling that finally it got the better of us and we decided to climb up on top of it one weekend. It would be a short, easy, day-hike: up and down.

Well, to begin with, we couldn't find our way up. The walls of it were too vertical and too high.

Wandering around its very large base, finally we found a way up by following a gully – sort of a mini-canyon – that took us up to a saddle where some isolated spires rose up here and there, and then we came around a bend to one isolated spire that was split halfway up. Next to that spire, on Red Mountain itself, were some moderately easy-to-negotiate cliffs that served as stair steps to finally get up onto the flatiron top. We took note of the split-spire as a reference point to help us get down later, referring to it as "the rifle notch" at the time, and we continued on exploring all around up on top.

As the day wore on, the sun moved across the sky, and when it came time to call it a day, come down, our bearings were all mixed up. We were baked from the sun, all of us resembled Red Mountain itself – sun tanned red, we were parched because we hadn't been drinking water enough (though we had some left, it was "hot" water by then), and when we walked back to where we expected to find the "rifle notch" we couldn't be sure what we were looking for because everything looked so different. We were lost with regard to how we had climbed up.

For a while we decided to just climb down "any" part of the red-wall vertical face that surrounded the mountain. Each time we got right to the edge of the vertical drop off, and someone would make a few moves down, commenting how it wasn't too hard, it would freak-out the rest of us so much that we would talk that person out of it, and he'd come back up. As we continued looking for any route down, some of the places we looked were where we could see our parked car off in the distance. At one point of the sheer vertical red-wall, the car looked so close that our thoughts started to compromise our safety: If only we could get past the vertical section here, we'd be at the car in no time.

Had we tried any of those "not far" routes, however, someone would have fallen to their death.

So we again walked away from the red-wall facing the car, traversed all the way to the opposite side of the Red Mountain flatiron, and humbly searched for the "rifle notch" spire, to the point where we all agreed that it was indeed the one. We had to carefully inspect the cliffs across from it – Red Mountain's perimeter was very jagged and it wasn't at all obvious how we had originally climbed up – and we finally agreed that we could make it down somehow since we were close enough to the route we had climbed up, and therefore the cliff features afforded the same level of safety. Once on the saddle below, it was head back around to the gully, make our way down that, and then walk half a mile to the car, all of us at that point completely "baked," our brains "fried" from being in the sun all day, realizing that our ordeal had been much more than we had planned for our fun, little "day-hike."

When I think of NF,BTFTW I am reminded of that day. Although the car was "not far" from where we stood atop the vertical red-wall along a near portion of Red Mountain, it would have been certain death to proceed down that way, and so the only way for us to eventually get "home" had turned out to be the "too far to walk" way.

"When you hid your treasures, did you take the same path that is described in the poem, or were you able to skip some of the steps because of your familiarity with the area?"

"The clues should be followed in order Curtis. There is no other way to my knowlege (knowledge). F"

NF,BTFTW

USAuPzlBxBob

Jun 27, 2017
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Watching The Treasure of the Sierra Madre right now, TCM Saturday Night.

Time for them to pack up, put the mountain back the way they found it.

Howard figures they have $35,000 apiece, after all their digging, sweat and toil.

What would that be today?

Figure 5% return on investment, to get to today's present value.

The story took place in 1929.

Every 13 years, 13 for bad luck, you'd double your money.

1929, $35,000
1942, $70,000
1955, $140,000
1968, $280,000
1981, $560,000
1994, $1,120,000
2007, $2,240,000
2020, $4,480,000

So, looks like around $4,000,000 apiece for 2017.

Too bad their treasure ended up "blown' in the wind."

Gold Fever; "Fred C. Dobbs don't say nothin' he don't mean."

treasure1822

Dec 9, 2010
Is there anyone on this thread that is from Sante Fe, NM? Or possibly close to it? I have a location to share and all I ask is a small acknowledgment of solving and 10 percent. The answer is simple and I do not live close...Think about it...

KGCnewbieseeker

Oct 29, 2005
FL
this thread would be half the length if people would stop bickering, people who want to search are going to search and those who don't believe wont convince them otherwise. so stop wasting time bickering and carry on researching or just focusing on something else. Also who ever else is still looking please email me thetrinitycypher@gmail so we can discuss things and possibly a get together to search.

USAuPzlBxBob

Jun 27, 2017
New Jersey
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Forrest has said that whoever finds the TC will have proceeded to it with confidence.

He also conveyed that an 80 year old man would not make two trips up and down into a canyon. (In other words, be reasonable; Forrest isn't superhuman.)

It is interesting that the poem reads:

If you’ve been wise and found the blaze,

Forrest didn't say "If you've been lucky and found the blaze," he stated "wise," instead.

But it is puzzling that he went for the Present Perfect Continuous tense.

"The present perfect continuous form is used to denote that something which had begun in the past is still continued."

So, because of the assumption that the reader is on the verge of finding the TC by being wise, this wise cleverness may go all the way back to the beginning of the Solve, and is not a last minute nuance, not a BOTG nuance, as many believe.

Now, I'm firmly in the "camp" that BIWWWH is at the top of a canyon. Have felt this way almost all along. But, I get a sneaking suspicion that the "blaze" can be seen right from the very start, right from where you make your first moves down, to "take it in the canyon down."

Imagine that if you were to drive along a road atop a canyon, a road that typically has overlook pullouts, official or unofficial, somewhere along this road there would be one location where when you looked out into the vast canyon before you, on the opposite side of the canyon a "blaze" would be seen.

It may just be that this "blaze" can only be seen from one sole – but general, like maybe a quarter mile stretch – canyon-top location.

Then there is the verse,

Look quickly down, your quest to cease,

When you look at the "blaze" all the way on the other side of the canyon, and you allow your "gaze" to be lowered, so that it looks lower and lower into the canyon, from your perspective vertical height drops most readily as your angle-down approaches 90 degrees straight down. For example, when you look horizontally and you lower your sight 10 degrees below horizontal, not much vertical height drop is realized. Zero to minus 10 degrees, not much. But minus 80 degrees to minus 90 degrees, again a minus 10 degree differential, and the vertical height drop goes to infinity. Anyone who has ever studied sines and cosines knows exactly what I'm talking about.

Therefore, in this general solve analysis, the "blaze" is very far away, but the negotiating of terrain from the clues is all in very close proximity to where Forrest got out of his sedan to hide the chest.

Yes, you will follow the clues in their order, but they will clue you into your search on the opposite side of the canyon from where the "blaze" is seen.

The advantage of this approach to the clues is that a well known, maybe even famous, "blaze" can be used to guide searchers, but unless they are "wise" they won't be finding anything because they'll be looking around on the wrong side of the canyon.

For "home of Brown," for reasons as yet unknown, it may help lead you to the correct canyon, or the treasure chest may simply be at an elevation below something of "Brown" context. If "Brown" is very specific as a location, then it becomes a blaze unto itself.

Not likely.

So it is probably just an elevation clue, maybe a striation of the canyon exudes a very brown layer. But it may double as two clues; one providing correct-canyon hints, and the other providing elevation hints. And it may be capitalized simply because of this duality of hint help.

Forrest parks his car, goes to the edge of the canyon opposite the blaze on the other side of the canyon, he is where no trail exists, "climbs" down a little (no walk in the park, but not dangerous, and an only way down since there is no other way to his knowledge), works his way over to a tiny creek, and hides the treasure chest wherever he wants.

The creek is small, such that it would never be kayaked or floated, and, technically, you don't even have to go up it. It just has to be there to align with the poem mentioning a creek.

This treasure chest location may be a secluded place that is special to Forrest for reasons having to do with "cold," (shade; a south side of a canyon) "brave," (exposed perception of vertical height) "wood," (something, just don't know what, but very key to pinpointing Forrest's side of the canyon TC-location) and a "marvel gaze." (picturesque view)

As an afterthought, where Forrest safely "climbed" down a short distance (80 year old man climb) on the south side of the canyon, the small creek is adjacent to his climb down and also West of him because "nigh" suggests both near and left. Then it is look for something that translates into "wood" to specifically find the location of the treasure chest.

Something to think about…

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Brain, Pointing Finger, occasionally the Pinky Finger
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some interesting Biliteral results "Bob"

Ever wonder if there is a cipher in the poem?

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The poem is an acrostic and more......here's a segment

AWHIYBWAFTBLQDYQ

"A WHITE BWOY W'AFT BLACK D**K"

WHO KNEW FORREST COULD SPEAK JAMAICAN PATOIS?

Forrest has such a vivid imagination doesn't he?

0811172003.jpg

From his book......straight onto the "Awakening The Zodiac" movie released recently.....CATCHING ON YET?

LET ME EXPAND ON THAT A BIT......THE PICS IN THE BOOK

HE MAKES SOME SERIOUS CLAIMS IN THE DRAWINGS AND ENCRYPTS PHOTOS LIKE HE SAID.

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But he didn't tell you there would be four dead "searchers" before you bought the book........

No instead he smirked and showed you this.....

Fenn Art.jpg

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That smirk of a "Jester" gives him away....

Forrest Fenn Michael Aquino Sammy Davis.jpg

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was supposed to be the first victim.....but we all know that he failed.

I was intercepted by one of his associates while making a search in Colorado.....let's say he works with only 'senior' types in the most dangerous game he plays......

And the victims next of kin of the search have been informed, the local police in Santa Fe as well as the FBI are informed.

Nice try "Forrest" Gumption.......we all know that a Fenn is a swamp.

Drain the Swamp

sog-pOSTER-webview.jpg

and earn the title to the gold......just call Eldorado and the rewards for the "chest" of information will be yours......I have already tried and am still waiting to hear back from these goons about their operations....

The NSA 'Treasure Map' is this guy's pipe dream.......he was high level DOD/NSA/CIA asset for years after Vietnam.....admittedly flying 'Air America' routes in LAOS

His real name is Simpson.....

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In case you were wondering what a "Pen Name" was......

Forrest Fenn Evidence Past 5.jpg

The real Forrest Fenn died years ago and he has basically absorbed his lifestyle as a cover for his activities living a double life, since his expulsion from the Military in 1990 in a trial about the Presidio Scandals in San Fran.......where he was implicated by over 22 families who's children were systematically molested

Eldo

Banned
Jul 7, 2014
Vermont
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dont believe me about the whole thing being a sham taken from older treasure hunting files that were known to the NSA?

Here's his "shadow" and the place it came from was that very agency.....

Old Map Forrest Exclamation.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread