Found this axe in 1990 by my house

dognose

Silver Member
Apr 15, 2009
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70
I was walking in the field by my house in which I had found a number of relics when I spotted this ax laying flat on the ground.

It slipped right nice into my back pocket.
jaa_ax.JPG

Upvote 0
Nice. It’s always a good feeling when you find things right around your house. I’d love to find an axe or Celt. I find all kinds of chipped stone but very little hard stone... of course being in a former prairie and only sedimentary rocks they may be pretty scarce around here.

When I was a kid they disc'ed the farm at my house. My father found artifacts as there were a lot of Indians once in the area. By the time I was old enough to care they were in no till. Hard to say how many artifacts are on the old farm still.

Once we were pulling large rocks out of the field and I found one laying on the surface. I set it on the tractor to show him and it vibrated off never to be seen again.

I really miss Ohio and those days.

Nice! :headbang: What does it weigh?

Last edited:
Sure does look like one thats a really nice relic Im no expert and probobly have walked over many artifacts in my day. I hope thats the real deal what a great find that would be. Thanks for sharing it. Stay safe out there. Tommy

The axes weight? My wife got her food scale out for me, the axe weights 1 lb 8.4 oz.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back