found "trade beads" from a now destroyed site found "pre contact" ones (pics)

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
found "trade beads" from a now destroyed site found "pre contact" ones (pics)

i was cleaning up some "trade beads" from a old indain village / trading post area that recently was converted into a county park fishing pier parking lot (sadly)== mixed in with them were some stone / shell "pre european contact" type hand made beads plus part of a post contact european cuff link -- there was only 4 of the stone / shell beads --so today I gave to my local museum 2 of them (for examination & display --since the "local" pre contact tribe is long "extinct" ) -- plus I also gave them about 30 post contact type seed bead type trade beads ( the glass colored ones) that I collected from the site before it was converted into a "parking lot"-- for my local history museum to make a disply with.

the village area was clearly used both pre and post contact -- and as such was very cool.

it will be a couple days but the wife says , she will scan the remaining beads, and add the pic for your veiwing pleasure.(yes i kept 2 of the shell / stone type beads for me , being they are so unique ) -- I am very proud to have saved them from being paved over / destroyed , so the public can see them --AND the museum is "crediting" me for the find / save on a card that wil be with the display.

Attachments

• Trade Beads_Items001.jpg
    Trade Beads_Items001.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 767
Upvote 3

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions