All Treasure Hunting
Update... we selected the winners.
See below for list and instructions.
Thanks
Doc

Long story made short...

I think it will be fun.

We have some cons from one of our ops.
The cons have a fair amount of fine gold. Lots of 50 - 100 - 150 and even 200 mesh gold.
However, I don't feel comfortable selling them with our normal cons which usually have some chunkier gold as well.
So....... I figured I would give away some of them here.
I figure a scoop / maybe around a pound per person.
GREAT practice for panning.
We will use a random number generator to choose the winners. RANDOM.ORG - True Random Number Service

Here's what I came up with.
I created an email address just for this: [email protected]

Send an email there with your board user name, that's it.
(Please don't PM me here, only use that email.)
If you win, I'll send you an email back asking for your shipping address.
We'll pay the shipping and all.
If you want you can come back and post some pics of the gold.

Rules...
Only one email per user. If you send more than one... you're out. :)
We can only ship them to US based customers in the lower 48.
We'll pick 10 winners.

Good Luck
Doc

We'll do the drawing in about a week.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received my shipping conformation.. Thanks again doc!:headbang:

63bkpkr

Silver Member
Aug 9, 2007
Southern California
Detector(s) used
XLT, GMT, 6000D Coinmaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
GoldenI,
So what is it with the smoke? The computer/processor companies always talk about doped silica, electrons, GHz though they never talk about the smoke. They must be nuts as anyone knows that as soon as the smoke is released by the chips they just do not function!! Smoke power for chip descriptions should be posted with all the other specs.

Merry Christmas Everyone!.........................63bkpkr

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you're talking about the giveaway cons... we'll bag them up and get them out by the end of the week.
Doc

Gold hog what type of gems are normally found in your concentrates that you've found?

huntinnuggets

Tenderfoot
May 21, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received the cons goldhog. Thank you again. My 7yr old jumped up and down with excitement when I showed him. We're dying to pan it. Hopefully I'll have good results and pics to post soon.

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just received the cons goldhog. Thank you again. My 7yr old jumped up and down with excitement when I showed him. We're dying to pan it. Hopefully I'll have good results and pics to post soon.

Just remember that these are from that crazy corner.
You'll see mostly -50 to -200 mesh gold.
Be careful panning.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Looking forward to the challenge...which us does best on the super fine gold!!?!

huntinnuggets

Tenderfoot
May 21, 2013
Georgia
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just remember that these are from that crazy corner.
You'll see mostly -50 to -200 mesh gold.
Be careful panning.

We will. With the creek we are sampling -50 is the largest we've seen. Every time I get within a foot of bedrock, it rains again. Georgia weather has really been driving me crazy this year!

Aufisher

Bronze Member
May 12, 2013
The Golden State
Detector(s) used
Whites Goldmaster V/SAT. VibraProbe. Bazooka 48" Prospector Sluice. Shorts. Chickens + Goats + Goldhounds. 35' Chris Craft Caribbean motorsailer. FISH OIL + BURLAP
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Use a safety pan so you can catch your dirt and re-pan yourself silly

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
With this stuff it's a tablespoonful at a time and lots of JetDry.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Has anyone else received the concentrates yet? Im getting mine Monday the ups tracking says

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What's jetdry?

It is a surfactant that reduces surface tension.
Buy it in the detergent isle at any supermarket.

This video should help if you get bored and want something to watch.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
NJP, you'll find the Jetdry (or generic brand) next to the dishwasher detergent at the grocery store. You can squirt a bunch in your panning tub like he shows in the video, I add some Clay Gone too (available at prospecting stores) which drops the fine sediment out of the water so my water stays fairly clear. I just leave the panning tub set up in my shop full time...why dump it out in between panning sessions if you have the room to leave it? - that way I continue to use that same Jetdry and clayGone over multiple panning sessions. I do sometimes find I need to add a drop or two of Jetdry to the pan for the final tapping and spreading (the final actions Doc shows in the video).

Doc, the video is REALLY good, thanks for taking the time to show everyone your pro techniques. I finish pan just the way I learned from your videos and my friends are amazed at how well I get the fine gold out of the cons!

Here's my added tips:

1. Use a magnet to remove any iron sands at the beginning of the process ( you can skip this if there's not much iron sand where you are; where I am there's a lot!). Do this by fanning the material out in the bottom of a pan and using the magnet to pull the iron sand up thru the water...this minimizes non-magnetic material removal due to the washing action as the grains of iron sand come up thru the water to the magnet. Set that material aside to dry; after it's fully dry, separate the magnetics again and pan what remains...if you find more than a couple fine flakes I'll be surprised.

2. Classify your non-magnetic cons by +20, +50, +100, -100 and use Doc's method on each size of material separately. Personally, I find the +20 and even +50 goes faster with traditional methods but you just HAVE TO use Doc's method on the material below 50 mesh...it's amazing how well it works!!

3. Also be sure to use a pan with a nice smooth bottom. You don't want scratches, grooves, etc. getting in the way as those really fine gold particles slide across the bottom of the pan into that one spot like Doc shows in his video.

Last edited:

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Got my confirmation from the Post Office but haven't got to tracking yet. Just been too busy that last couple of days. I managed to survive Robis' work Christmas Party last night.

Sounds to me like it's a good thing I've got lots of practice on Nome Flour off the beaches. I helped a friend pan out a couple of buckets worth that he brought back from his trip. Along with that JetDri.... Don't forget to bring a LOT of patience guys!!! If you have one, it would be great stuff for a Miller Table.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumleft: Good Video and info Doc.

GG~

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread