All Treasure Hunting
Update... we selected the winners.
See below for list and instructions.
Thanks
Doc

Long story made short...

I think it will be fun.

We have some cons from one of our ops.
The cons have a fair amount of fine gold. Lots of 50 - 100 - 150 and even 200 mesh gold.
However, I don't feel comfortable selling them with our normal cons which usually have some chunkier gold as well.
So....... I figured I would give away some of them here.
I figure a scoop / maybe around a pound per person.
GREAT practice for panning.
We will use a random number generator to choose the winners. RANDOM.ORG - True Random Number Service

Here's what I came up with.
I created an email address just for this: [email protected]

Send an email there with your board user name, that's it.
(Please don't PM me here, only use that email.)
If you win, I'll send you an email back asking for your shipping address.
We'll pay the shipping and all.
If you want you can come back and post some pics of the gold.

Rules...
Only one email per user. If you send more than one... you're out. :)
We can only ship them to US based customers in the lower 48.
We'll pick 10 winners.

Good Luck
Doc

We'll do the drawing in about a week.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Fisher / Gold Bug AND the MK-VII eyeballs
Primary Interest:
Other
Well checked the tracking on my cons and as of 3:30 this am they had made it to Tucson. I just hope the package will fit in our mailbox otherwise we'll have to go into town to pick them up. Looking forward to seeing what comes out of them. Will post pictures of the cleaned gold.

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Mine is predicted to arrive tomorrow...very exciting as I've run out of my own cons ( as I write this it is 10degrees F and snowing)

Sample Pan Dan

Bronze Member
Oct 20, 2012
Bostonia,Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the videos Doc. I've seen a lot of them before and learned a lot. My buddy in Cherokee county Ga, taught me the a lot also. Seems that tapping method might have its origins in Ga? What part of the state are you Doc?

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mine just got my bag I'm so happy have to wait to get home

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well mine showed up today!!! Thank you again Doc! I liked that they were "vacuum sealed for freshness" and that you included a sample of scrubber mat. Now I can use that to either convince the boss (aka Robi) that we want some or I can make a very skinny sluice with the sample.

It's a good thing they showed up when they did because I'm going to be on hold from running any of my own materials until I get the pump that died on me either fixed or replaced. I'm also glad it was the smaller one (750 GPH) since I was wanting to upgrade it anyway. I should have a 4000gph soon if I can't get the 750 working again. That would have me moving 5125 gph through the sluice which should allow me to use the Gold Hog mats.

Last edited:

kazcoro

Feb 11, 2013
Glendale
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Gold Buddy drywasher, Black Magic, Pro Gold recirc, Custom highbanker/2.5" dredge, Roadrunner Member
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I didn't win, but I will be getting some mat later this winter. That looks like some awesome stuff. Easy to work with too. I built my own sluice last year, and the riffles were a PITA.

Hangtowndiggins

Oct 1, 2013
placerville ca
Detector(s) used
GBpro. BGT 48" miner, 36" prospector and super mini
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Received my cons today, quite awesome of you to send them priority. Thanks again doc!:icon_thumleft: will post pics soon

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill post pictures later I found a lot of tough stuff gold very fine I got the majority small stuff is very hard for me found a pretty amethyst I think

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ill post pictures later I found a lot of tough stuff gold very fine I got the majority small stuff is very hard for me found a pretty amethyst I think

Thanks doc I'm happy with the concentrates I'm mad at myself

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks doc I'm happy with the concentrates I'm mad at myself

Remember... this is low grade stuff with mostly VERY fine gold in it.
It came off that crazy corner we were working and all it really had was fine gold.
We can't really sell it, that's why we did the giveaway on it.
GREAT stuff for learning how to pan fine gold.

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Remember... this is low grade stuff with mostly VERY fine gold in it.
It came off that crazy corner we were working and all it really had was fine gold.
We can't really sell it, that's why we did the giveaway on it.
GREAT stuff for learning how to pan fine gold.

This is why after Christmas ill be working on making a blue bowl I watched your video on tapping I can't do it very well it's very difficult for me

OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This is why after Christmas ill be working on making a blue bowl I watched your video on tapping I can't do it very well it's very difficult for me

It's difficult for EVERYONE at some point in their life....
After many years... and thousands of pans... you'll be teaching it.
I used to suck at tying shoes.
:)

goldenIrishman

Silver Member
Feb 28, 2013
Golden Valley Arid-Zona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
Well that was an interesting and enjoyable mornings worth of panning. The materials were/are a LOT different than the cons I get out of my sluice out here in AridZona. I know...1200 miles is going to make a bit of difference in the geology, but I wasn't expecting there to be so little magnetic sands. Kind of a nice change not having to fight it though. I guess I'll be the first to give my score on the score from Doc.

Gold.... A little over a grains worth including a couple of "almost pickers". Lots of VERY fine stuff as Doc said but not as fine as Nome Flour and much easier to pan IMHO.

Other finds in the bag...

1 thumbnail sized green stone that I don't recognize. Some type of gem and not just a green rock. Any ideas Doc?

2 pieces of pyrite that are about thumbnail size. (Almost had me going till I looked closer at them. Been awhile since I've had pyrite in my pan)

Lots of quartz in various forms including crystal, smoky, white and rose.

Some very nice garnets but none large enough to cut and polish up for some jewelry.

One very strange "rock" that looked like a small piece of coal in the pan but disintegrated into almost like ink when I tried to pick it up. Again... Any idea on what it was Doc?

Last but not least.. three pieces of 00 buckshot that were well oxidized. (Don't ever let people say that Doc's not doing his part to get lead out of the streams and rivers of Georgia!)

So after having moved out of Georgia a year ago I get my first Georgia gold. Seven years there and I never once got a chance to go out prospecting. Something wrong with that! Oh yeahhhh!!! It was that work thing that we all hate!

I'll try getting a pic of the gold but all I've got is my POS phone camera for digital.

Thank you yet again Doc! Soon as I can get the funds cleared with the boss I'll be ordering some mats.

GI

KevinInColorado

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2012
Summit County, Colorado
Detector(s) used
Grizzly Goldtrap Explorer & Motherlode, Gold Cube with trommel or Banker on top, Angus Mackirk Expedition, Gold-n-Sand Xtream Hand pump
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Hey look my custom coffee blend from Gold Hog arrived! No wonder I feel all hyped up ;-) image-2903094073.jpg

Here's first pass thru the pan. -50 on one side, plus 50 on other. 3 pieces of shot and two short lengths of wire gold in between.

image-882326645.jpg

Great fun! Way diff material then in my neck of the woods.

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

goldhog

May 14, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well that was an interesting and enjoyable mornings worth of panning. The materials were/are a LOT different than the cons I get out of my sluice out here in AridZona. I know...1200 miles is going to make a bit of difference in the geology, but I wasn't expecting there to be so little magnetic sands. Kind of a nice change not having to fight it though. I guess I'll be the first to give my score on the score from Doc.

Gold.... A little over a grains worth including a couple of "almost pickers". Lots of VERY fine stuff as Doc said but not as fine as Nome Flour and much easier to pan IMHO.

Other finds in the bag...

1 thumbnail sized green stone that I don't recognize. Some type of gem and not just a green rock. Any ideas Doc?

2 pieces of pyrite that are about thumbnail size. (Almost had me going till I looked closer at them. Been awhile since I've had pyrite in my pan)

Lots of quartz in various forms including crystal, smoky, white and rose.

Some very nice garnets but none large enough to cut and polish up for some jewelry.

One very strange "rock" that looked like a small piece of coal in the pan but disintegrated into almost like ink when I tried to pick it up. Again... Any idea on what it was Doc?

Last but not least.. three pieces of 00 buckshot that were well oxidized. (Don't ever let people say that Doc's not doing his part to get lead out of the streams and rivers of Georgia!)

So after having moved out of Georgia a year ago I get my first Georgia gold. Seven years there and I never once got a chance to go out prospecting. Something wrong with that! Oh yeahhhh!!! It was that work thing that we all hate!

I'll try getting a pic of the gold but all I've got is my POS phone camera for digital.

Thank you yet again Doc! Soon as I can get the funds cleared with the boss I'll be ordering some mats.

GI

That corner has a TON of quartz sand and not a huge amount of black sand.
We ended up pulling off it pretty quick.
These cons are about a grade "C" to "C-" and we wouldn't sell them.
We only sell "B" runs and above. The guys grade them as they run.
You can see the gold in the mats as you clean them.

Not sure of the black thing.

Doc

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread