Fun day .. Until the Police Came

winslow

Oct 30, 2004
Oregon, No Cal Border
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Max, Equinox 800
I went to an old part of town to do some strips (the area between the sidewalk and street owned by the city). I detected the strip in front of a couple of older homes that were empty. Probably in foreclosure. Someone in the neighborhood called the police and reported a "suspicious character" ... me. Initially the police were concerned about my digger ... "Please sir take your hand away from the knife". Just like on Cops! They were nice enough and suggested I go to another block but I had put in about 2 hours which is what I planned so I called it a day.

I really like strips. They are a challenge with lots of targets and you never know what you'll find. Some people are nice about it and actually invite you to detect their yard. Others call the police or threaten to. Some people are just edgy about everything. Oh well, it's just part of the deal.

5 wheaties (oldest was 1920), 2 silver dimes and a brass donkey. Maybe it's a horse. I don't know!!!

Attachments

• west side two.jpg
    west side two.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 1,705
  • west side one.jpg
    west side one.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,710
Upvote 0

davest

Silver Member
Nov 5, 2007
somewhere between here and there, south of over th
Detector(s) used
titan 3000xd/seahunter mk ll/Ace 250/whites 6000XL Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice stuff, great finds, even the donkey. But, don't ever come digging on the easement in front of my house, and don't ever come diggin on the easement in the back of my house. That's all mine, mine, you know, like mine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread