Getting a hunt together

timbuckII

Jan 12, 2007
timbuckII said:
Nice job on the reasearch and finding a site. I voted but any date is fine with me. One thing I will say is the warmer it get the more you will have to be concerned with snakes, poison ivey and chiggers. Just let me know and I will be there. If there is anything I can do to help let me know.

TC

PS: Add ticks to that.

Rockfshr

May 22, 2005
Hampton Roads VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone have a google earth link to the site or the coordinates so it can be viewed?

Rockfshr

May 22, 2005
Hampton Roads VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If this gets done on a weekend I dont have to work then I will be able to attend but since I have two little ones I wont be camping there but will commute there from my home here in Newport News. Would that be a problem?

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes indeed, I believe Sleeper contacted everyone who was a member of the Virginia forum. I will get together with Sleeper and get a list together of everyone expecting to attend. This way we have some idea of how many people there will be for logistical reasons

Rockfshr

May 22, 2005
Hampton Roads VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My oldest boy is 14 but my daughter is 22 months and my other son is 7 months.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Minelab has contacted me and are donating hats, shirts, mugs and other accessories!

My brand of choice for this hunt is coming through for us!

Top notch and kudos to Minelab!

Rockfshr

May 22, 2005
Hampton Roads VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
here is the google earth coordinates.

latitude 37°12'3.47"N
longitude 76°52'28.42"W

Attachments

• surry hunt.kml
    651 bytes · Views: 97

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OK what we need is for everyone to go to the poll page vote and post so we can get a handle on the members that are definitely wishing to attend. The poll page is strictly for voting and posting one time, lets keep it clean on that topic so it will easier to manage. Regular post lets post here thoughts ideas questions.
Ty for your cooperation

Ken

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rowdy, your more then welcome to attend detector or not, this is more about fellowship and meeting other members then a dedicated seeded hunt.

IDigit, you were not on that list as those members have not replied in this post, so that list is the members that at that time were not aware of this hunt.

Rowdy

Jun 11, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Whites M-6
Thanks guys, that's very kind of you! I already visited the poll page and put my vote in for the latest date, figuring warmer weather is better!

I can certainly bring my digital camera, and this would be a great opportunity to observe other peoples recovery methods. That's the one thing about this hobby that has me somewhat stumped, getting things out of the ground without it looking like a major excavation!

Parkerized

Oct 11, 2006
Coastal North Cackylacki
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000/ Nautilus DMC IIB/CZ-6a/ Tejon
Hey Sleeper,
Dave told me awhile back y'all might be working on this. Looks good. I'd be interested. Looked for the poll but couldn't find it. Please keep me in the loop.
Thanks,
Parkerized

Sandpit

Jan 28, 2006
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Nautilus 2Ba & Tejon
Hey is this hunt for VA. hunter's only or can a fellow MD from NC participate? Would like to meet ya all & have a good time.

captain Jack

Sep 26, 2006
Richmond, Va
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Sorry to be so late on this post, I have been hibernating and so has my md. I am in Richmond, not so far from williamsburg, I would def. be down for a group hunt. I think I need it. I bought my MD last fall and used it for hours on hours on hours and never found a thing other than some clad and rusty nails. I don't have a million dollar machine but I thought I'd have found something by now, however I refuse to giive up....lat me know when and where! I'm there.

Good to see everyone again! Hope all had a good offseason! Since Autumn, I have a baby on the way and am building a house in Powhatan co. I've been a busy bee!

tw656

Jan 13, 2007
Finally got around to reading my mail. Wow this sounds like a lot of fun. Unfortunately the next few months are going to be busy for me and I am not going to be able to make it. I am pretty new to MD and have only been one time. I plan on buying my own MD this spring. I look forward to hearing about the dig and how it goes. Please keep me posted for future digs, especially ones closer to the DC area. Thanks!

rayray3

Jan 17, 2006
Northern WI
Detector(s) used
Minelab EX2, Ace 250, Garrett pinpointer
I would like to participate. I'm here for a few weeks for a school but have every weekend off starting March 24th till April 14th. I brought my equipment and detector. Ive only been doing it for a few months but hitting it hard. I would be more than happy to find a CW bullet or two.
I'm the Yorktown area and am looking for somewhere/someone to detect with anytime in the next 4 weekends. Shoot me an email: [email protected]
Willing to travel a few hours and even buy lunch!!!

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Hey guys, I'm currently in China, or I should say all over China in the last couple of weeks. If all goes well I'd love to join you. I should be returning soon, goodness lets hope so, if I eat another ducks foot or chickens palm as they call them I'm gonna start quacking myself.
Thank you for sending me a note as I could have missed out on all the fun. I'll be back in touch as soon as I hit the states and kiss the land of the free and home of the brave :-* Until then keep swinging.

Rockfshr

May 22, 2005
Hampton Roads VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No cant switch,wish it did work like that but I work 12 hour shifts 7pm to 7am one week i only work two days and the next week I only have two days off and that weekend happens to be the one im working friday, saturday, and sunday. >:(

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread