Getting a hunt together

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Froggie said:
Question about these prizes?
How are they being awarded? Oldest find? Farthest drive? Are they just for the scouts?
???????

They will be given away. We have truly yet to decide if it will be a "best find" type reward system, or a raffle.... But they will be going to our group, not the scouts.

Ronin9868

Jan 2, 2007
South Eastern VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-trac, Minelab SE, 12x15 and the 10x12 Butterfly Excel, 12.5 Excel,18.5 Excel
TheSleeper said:
Here is a link for Pipsico Boy Scout Camp in Surry Co, VA:

http://www.tidewaterbsa.com/camping.html

Here is a map from the site, you need adobe acrobat installed to view, if you don`t have it installed let me know i`ll find a regular map mark it and post:

http://www.tidewaterbsa.com/forms/camping/Directions to Pipsio.pdf

Just read this map and it is wrong. If you are taking 64 either west or east you would exit off 242A. On the map is has 342. Exit 242A is route 199West. Then follow directions to Surrey ferry. If anyone needs help drop me a note. I live down that way.

Ronin

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tony At TCdetectors AKA TonyinCT has donated Items for giveaway.

Thank you Tony and TCdetectors.

Rockfshr

May 22, 2005
Hampton Roads VA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TheSleeper said:
Tony At TCdetectors AKA TonyinCT has donated Items for giveaway.

Thank you Tony and TCdetectors.

That is great, I bought my detector from him. He is a great guy. :)

BobinSouthVA

Bronze Member
Mar 1, 2007
SE Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro / Whites Prism II
Wow this hunt is turning out very nicely. Kudos to all the hard work you guys and gals have put into it.

My son and I are expecting our first detector in the mail any day now and will be camping that weekend just 5 mins away at Chippokes Plantation state park. We live just up the way in Gloucester

Would it be alright if we just showed up for the day on Saturday? (not really sure we will be able to as our outing is a 3 family trip and we may have plans that day... but just maybe).

And anyone coming from inland may want to remember their mosquito repellant. Even though its early in the season those little (insert your favorite curse word) can be brutal.

HH

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Madmardigan said:
Wow this hunt is turning out very nicely. Kudos to all the hard work you guys and gals have put into it.

My son and I are expecting our first detector in the mail any day now and will be camping that weekend just 5 mins away at Chippokes Plantation state park. We live just up the way in Gloucester

Would it be alright if we just showed up for the day on Saturday? (not really sure we will be able to as our outing is a 3 family trip and we may have plans that day... but just maybe).

And anyone coming from inland may want to remember their mosquito repellant. Even though its early in the season those little (insert your favorite curse word) can be brutal.

HH

I believe I speak for all involved that you are more than welcome to come in for the Saturday hunt.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Just got Minelab's package... They sent a whole slew of hats, mugs and light up ink pens. Thanks Minelab! These will be perfect for freebie giveaways!

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just to let everyone know, KellyCo has been contacted and got an email today from the sales department who will be forwarding my email to the boss who will let me know if they will be donating anything for the hunt. The people at TCdetectors were very nice and apparently Dave had got to before me and so they were very nice and said indeed that they had already sent a package out to Dave. Thanks Dave ;)

Sentinel

TheSleeper

Nov 25, 2006
Virginia
Detector(s) used
Minelab SE/Excal
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
deedeelou approx 28 confirmed with severial others unconfirmed.

cryptodave

Aug 25, 2005
Currituck County, NC
Detector(s) used
Minelab
Good news fellow hunt attendees. American Digger magazine has donated a subscription as an award to one lucky person!

They also want us to consider an article about the hunt and finds... That means you, our resident writer Ann, need to have your writing cap on too! ;)
I'll handle pictures, because there easy and I have a nice enw digital camera.

Thank you American Digger and Anita Holcombe!

OP
OP
{Sentinel}

{Sentinel}

Silver Member
Jan 11, 2007
Virginia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
TEKNETICS T-2 LTD, Fisher F-75, White's MXT w/ 11 x 14" Excelerator Coil, WHITES Pulse TDI, WHITES Beach Hunter ID, Garrett Propointer and Lesche Digging Tool
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ladies & Gentlemen,

Still have not heard from KellyCo as of today. Wrote them twice at the middle and end of last week. Did get a response from the sales associate who said she was going to forward it to the owner. Should hear something this week. And as far as sharing the reserve :-\ it might be a bugger but I think that we could manage. It seems to be quite a large place, and I guess that it was not a very big concern to the rangers. So, we should still be able to do the same things and hunt the same places as before. Very nice that magazine is talking of an article about this hunt very good. I am glad that you delegated that out Dave. Oh, also Annmarie please PM me when you get a chance.

Cordially,
Sentinel

deedeelou

Mar 10, 2007
Master Sarge said:
Hey guys I just seen this post and I would love to join in. I live in Abingdon, Va. My grandfather has a 50 acre farm in Bristol, VA and there use to be an Indian Reservation on the land.

I think we all kind of blew past your post about your grandfather's 50 acres.

If he would permit, maybe we could use this for a fall hunt after the harvest is in (when it starts getting too cold for snakes). This is several hours for me coming from Fairfax, but I would take time off from work for the chance to spend some time there. (It's been a long time, and I miss my Grandpa's farm SO much.)

It's never too early to start planning... :D

ctweber98

Greenie
Jul 21, 2006
Annmarie,

I might be a little late but I live in Glen Allen, VA and would be interested in attending this hunt! Also I noticed the post about your laptop and I repair laptops used by Henrico County Schools as a part time job. I think I know what is wrong with your laptop especially if it is a Dell and it is a simple two minute fix that if you have not already paid someone to do I can explain to you how to do it in an email. PM me if you want would like instructions.

Chris

SoMdRelicHunter

Sep 12, 2006
Southern Maryland
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Hey all i live in Southern Maryland (about ten minutes from king george county, VA)
and i would love to participate...It's not too late to sign up is it?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread