OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cloned
You might as well give up. There is no "photo dowser" with enough faith in themselves to take an independent test for gold/silver. It is easier on the reputation to make up reasons why they can't or won't do it.

I am not anti-dowser. In fact, I wish that were so but I am even more skeptical now. My test was set up at a dowser's request. He gave partial results to BDD and I don't even know the outcome other than "inconclusive". No one else would stick their neck out and even try.

With all of the arguing that goes on it is actually very simple; show me the gold.

The age old question: Why hasn't anyone (independently verified) found any silver or gold with dowsing? Apparently it cannot be done. I can't even find the documented quote from Einstein that I asked about on this board. Talk is cheap so there is a lot of it going around.

As far as utilities, let me look at a house and utilities easements (either street or alley) and I can pretty much tell you where the water and power are located so saying you found a water line carries no weight here.

V

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
~vor~
You might as well give up. There is no "photo dowser" with enough faith in themselves to take an independent test for gold/silver. It is easier on the reputation to make up reasons why they can't or won't do it.
~Art~
Sorry...I receive a signal on two of the three photo’s.It was to weak to be followed...It has either been removed or has not been there long enough...I will try again in a few years...Art

I am not anti-dowser. In fact, I wish that were so but I am even more skeptical now. My test was set up at a dowser's request. He gave partial results to BDD and I don't even know the outcome other than "inconclusive". No one else would stick their neck out and even try.
That’s two
With all of the arguing that goes on it is actually very simple; show me the gold.
That has been done

The age old question: Why hasn't anyone (independently verified) found any silver or gold with dowsing? Apparently it cannot be done. I can't even find the documented quote from Einstein that I asked about on this board. Talk is cheap so there is a lot of it going around.
Your definition of independently verified is different than ours
As far as utilities, let me look at a house and utilities easements (either street or alley) and I can pretty much tell you where the water and power are located so saying you found a water line carries no weight here.
Then why did you ask?..Art

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~Art~
Sorry...I receive a signal on two of the three photo’s.It was to weak to be followed...It has either been removed or has not been there long enough...I will try again in a few years...Art

That’s two

That has been done

Your definition of independently verified is different than ours

Then why did you ask?..Art

I don't see the point of your post but if it makes you feel better, then great.

Question: Can you post a photo of some gold you photo dowsed?

Thx in advance.

V

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~vor~
Can you post a photo of some gold you photo dowsed?
Gee..That is impossible to do as I Map Dowse at home..What I find after I map Dowse is done in the field...Art

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
a case in point

~vor~

Gee..That is impossible to do as I Map Dowse at home..What I find after I map Dowse is done in the field...Art

Non-responsive and evasive. Exactly the point I was trying to make.
Thx
V

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~vor~
Non-responsive and evasive. Exactly the point I was trying to make.
Do you want to see a photo of something I have recovered?

p1010011.jpg

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
~Vor~

A lot better than the last time I posted this photo...Do they look like “Grapes”?...Art

No, but now that you mention it, they do kind of look like spray painted raisins. At first I thought that they might be small animal droppings but now I go with raisins.

V

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
No, but now that you mention it, they do kind of look like spray painted raisins. At first I thought that they might be small animal droppings but now I go with raisins.

V

Or, Art could always take a second picture of that exact gold, but this time in his hand. Or sitting on a copy of today's newspaper, that shouldn't be any kind of problem for someone that really found and owns those nuggets.

Ask him to show you his jar of Christmas tinsel, it's one of the funniest photos that's ever hit these boards. :icon_thumright:

But I totally agree with you, vor. The way some of these dowsers talk back and forth, a simple little bit of map dowsing should be a walk in the park, especially if they aren't the ones doing the recovery. But how loudly so many of them protest makes me wonder if they're doing any more than just promoting dowsing, rather than actually practicing it.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
~vor~
That’s fine coming from people who has never saw Placer gold...Art

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Cloned

V

Vor, it's interesting, but I offered to post a photo of my land, only about two acres of it, that contains a water main, a buried electrical cable, my septic system and an old unused water line. Some of these are even visible in the photo from the disturbed ground, but no one would even attempt it.

The way I see it, the only good reason someone would refuse to even attempt this is because they're worried about failure.

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
dowsed golden raisins.jpg

No spray paint needed!

Just kidding aart.
v

Last edited:
OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Vor, it's interesting, but I offered to post a photo of my land, only about two acres of it, that contains a water main, a buried electrical cable, my septic system and an old unused water line. Some of these are even visible in the photo from the disturbed ground, but no one would even attempt it.

The way I see it, the only good reason someone would refuse to even attempt this is because they're worried about failure.

Clone
PM or post it for me. I'm not worried about failure. But if I don't get it right it is because it hasn't been there long enough. Or it could have already been dug up. (no BDD, I won't bring it up).
V

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Clone
PM or post it for me. I'm not worried about failure. But if I don't get it right it is because it hasn't been there long enough. Or it could have already been dug up. (no BDD, I won't bring it up).
V

I like you Vor, very down to Earth and honest, not enough of that in this world anymore. I'll PM you the photo tomorrow morning, I left it on my work computer.

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like you Vor, very down to Earth and honest, not enough of that in this world anymore. I'll PM you the photo tomorrow morning, I left it on my work computer.

If OK with you, I'll post my results here for all to see. If not, let me know.
V

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No strings attached on my offer.

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
I am now in the process of possibly having a treasure hunting reality show. I will definitely be talking about dowsing on it. We will explore all forms of dowsing. I have personally witnessed map dowsing by many different people. Although it is certainly not 100% accurate, I do know that it can work. I am really looking forward to being able to have it witnessed by a camera crew and proven to work. I am convinced that no matter how we go about it there will be skeptics that will say it is all faked or a hoax. I will be inviting certain dowsers to be a part of the show. I may even have a few skeptics involved. I do feel that the negativity that these types carry with them can have an effect on the outcome but we will not use that or any other excuses if the dowsers all fail. I will probably have a hard time finding people who are willing to perform for the cameras but we will see what happens.

I still don't understand the motivation of the people that come onto the dowsing forum practically demanding that any and all forms of dowsing be proven to them. If you don't believe it works, fine. Why do you all care what we bellevers think? Two skeptics tested my old man dowser twenty something years ago. We put him thru some intricate tests without him knowing he was being tested. He passed their tests and they had to change their way of thinking about things. I have recently talked to one of them and he will still confirm that dowsing can work. Like I have said before, I have watched children do it with a 90% plus accuracy rate. We will put all of this into one or two episodes of the TV show.

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So if we locate the water and electric and septic tanks and old power line you wont even tell anyone? No strings attached means what? You will still bad talk us even if we do find it? I am not following your post I guess....

Coyote
I will attempt to dowse the water, power and septic system from an aerial and post my locations without any repercussions. Period. If I am correct, great. If not, it is what it is.

BDD
As you know, I have followed most of your posts to the board. I am not coming on this forum to demand anything. This thread was started at the suggestion of a prominent dowser here to test if gold and silver can be dowsed from a photo. Participation was not there.

I doubt that anyone on this thread has ever found gold, silver or any PM by dowsing. I am fairly certain that you dug many locations in search for it, all to no avail. As you have stated in your book, your faith in dowsing started with your trips with the old dowser, Ovid. He had dowsed many locations, several of which you dug in vein. Yet you still believe. Blind faith. Which is not a bad thing, just not a reasonable conclusion to draw.

I wish you luck in your recover efforts but I will remain a skeptic until I see that it works which seems pretty unlikely but I remain open minded. Again, no dowsers are willing to put there reputation on the line by participating in a test that will reveal the truth.

Just looking for the truth.

V

ClonedSIM

Silver Member
Jul 28, 2005
New Mexico
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Ya pm me this infamous photo. I will waste twenty minutes of my life to prove to you we can find something. I am a novice compared to most on here.. Also in the PM I want you to tell me what it is you want me to find and also if I find any one of the so called items and am within say 50 feet you will donate 200 dollars to a charity of my choice. That is 200 dollars per each item that I locate. Agreed?? And you will post in EVERY dowsing forum know to man that someone dowsed something for you on a map and was correct. Savvy???? IF not I will make sure that the moderator on every treasure, dowsing, or other forum will know your IP address, name, and every alias and will block you indefinitely for falsifying information on a public domain..... DEAL???

Good lord, listen to yourself....

Within 50 feet is the best you can manage? How on Earth do you ever find anything while dowsing with accuracy like that??

Within 50 feet means that any spot you dowse will have a 100 foot radius for you to be accurate within. To put it another way, if you select a spot, then you add a 50 foot buffer zone in every direction, you have a circle that encompasses 7,850 square feet. And I should reward you for essentially just throwing darts at the photo?

How about this instead? I have a new detecting spot in town, an area that was a golf course from around 1920 that has just been turned into a city park. In this park I've found coins back to 1885, and tons of jewelry. How about you dowse a photo of this area, use your best dowsing abilities to get me within, say 5 feet of a target, and we can talk.

But, if your best trick is to tell me, "There's a water line in this area here. Yeah, this spot that's as large as 5 three bedroom homes combined," then you need to stop wasting your time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread