Gold Lights / Flashes to Guide the Way to Riches???

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Okay,

This subject has been brought up several times in other sections, but never a Thread devoted entirely to it, so I think some of our Miner/Prospector friends here might not have been able to chime in.

In the diaries of his travels in New Spain, Father Juan (Johan) Nentvig SJ (Jesuit) wrote about the silver and gold mines all over Pimeria Alta (Northern Mexico and Southwestern US). He wrote that during the rainy season, there were many flashes to show that there was still much gold and silver to be had.

I had heard about these stories for a long time, but didn't put much stock in them, until I met an old timer who makes the rounds to Stanton (Rich Hill), Rye Patch, etc. He actually had pictures of the lights. He sets up his video camera about dusk and leaves it running till after dark. He collects it and reviews the video. If he finds something, he gets a frame from the video and prints it. I have to say that I was impressed.

The theory is that gasses develop from the different minerals associated with the different types of ore (like arsenic in gold ore). During periods of high humidity/rain, as the sun goes down, the temps radically change. The pressure differential is so great that the gasses vent to the atmosphere and phosphoresce. Different minerals/ores give off different colored lights. That is the theory anyway.

Anybody have anything else to share? Pics maybe?

Thanks-Mike

Upvote 0

TURNMASTER

Oct 13, 2009
Spokane WA
Detector(s) used
X-terra 705, Explorer SE, & At Pro
Mike, my guess as to why the rainy season is that the surounding minerals are disolved into solution. When in solution they could flow to the precious metals. Then they could be acted on by the catalyst (gold, silver and platinum).

That would be a best guess.
However, it could also be the pressure difference or electrical properties of the weather front.

Jeff

Tarkus

Dec 23, 2007
So Cal
Detector(s) used
Whites GM3, 3&4" dredges building a 6"
The idea of discrediting something because it doesn't fit with an all encompassing preconceived notion of what is and what isn't, probably not an indicator of great intellect or learning.
As far as the lights go I've no proof for or against but will keep my eyes open for them, if I see them I may investigate with pick,shovel and metal detector handy. There are many possibilities and phenomena in this world, far to much to experience or know in one life time.

A lot worse things in this world than chasing pretty lights.

Good luck everyone

AUDuke

Apr 20, 2008
Quartzsite AZ
Detector(s) used
TDI, GB, GM-4, Vaquero, F75, Cibola, Compadre, Stingray, ML Explorer
Tarkus said:
The idea of discrediting something because it doesn't fit with an all encompassing preconceived notion of what is and what isn't, probably not an indicator of great intellect or learning.
As far as the lights go I've no proof for or against but will keep my eyes open for them, if I see them I may investigate with pick,shovel and metal detector handy. There are many possibilities and phenomena in this world, far to much to experience or know in one life time.

A lot worse things in this world than chasing pretty lights.

Good luck everyone
This pretty much sums up my position on the subject too.

wwace

Jan 4, 2006
Anchorage AK
Detector(s) used
Exterra 70, Etrac, AT Pro
As for precious metals acting as a catalyst there would be some consumption of the mineral involved. Much more likely is the gases formed much deeper in the crust where gold etc is still in solution and thus more easily changed into a gas discharge. The association with rainfall may be as simple as the hydrostatic pressure from the water in the crust may be enough to open passage of the gaseous bodies to the surface through a fissure within which the precious metals have solidified. This is the most likely scenario if there is any truth in this in my opinion. Give the Spaniards credit for what they accomplished: ie the rape and pillage of the resources and people they contacted. Remember that much gold was already found by the native peoples and they were enslaved, etc and by whatever means forced to produce the admittedly vast quantities of ore. Did the Spaniards locate new ore bodies? Sure, remember they had the advantage of absolutely virgin ground, and they knew the most likely places to locate gold. They were not dumb, and yes it took huge balls for them to sail the pond and trek the jungles, mountains and deserts. But the reality is that they found the easiest gold to find from Peru to Colorado. The centuries of exploitation of the easiest available ore bodies fueled Spains economy for 400 years. Think of what we could do with modern technology, virgin ground and 4 centuries of time. Yeah it would be a good run as was their's. If there was use of light's or other phenomena to locate ore it was only in conjunction with other tried and true methods.

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
EARHQUAKES!!
I recently watched a series on tv that suggested that the stressing of quartz, (and other minerals) just before an earthquake, causes an electrical field to be generated in the mineral. Hence, the lights. The piezioelectric properties in quartz is well known. Silicon valley would not exist witout it. Note: The connection between stressed quartz and the lights suggested in this thread is mine, not the tv show. TTC

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning my Friends, and especially those that tried to defend me:

First, I must apologize for not posting until now, but truthfully I just found this thread this morning.

Jb: You posted -->No, I don't want to argue with the likes of Real De Tayopa. I've done that already and you can't convince the guy. He grasps at straws and tries to come up with logical reasons why it "could" happen
Perhaps, but interestingly enough, you never successfully countered any of my statements which ARE explained simply and logically by science, using science.
________________________________________________________________________________

you also posted --> My rant was particularly aimed at Real de Toyopa who appeared to be ready to take this thread down the same course that he took the other one. I see no point in that.
If I remember the thread WAS about fires and mineral occurrences ?????
_________________________________________________________________________________

You posted --> please don't let anyone tell you that gold itself gives off gas. It just isn't so.
Your scientific proof?
_________________________________________________________________________________
You posted --> We don't live in a vacuum anymore. There are no scientific secrets
Now THAT is certainly not indicative of scientific thinking. If that were true, then there is no further need to train future scientists. However billions are being spent daily, researching things that you say are no longer hidden secrets?? What about our stem cell research or nano technology as just a few of the literally millions of things that are being investigated? I doubt that many research scientists agree with you.

You posted --> In fact, the odds are very much against the idea of this gas being caused by gold veins or even gold itself.

To a limited point, Agreed, there are many different reasons for a visible nomination, 'Except' that color does seem to be a foundation of identification.

I mentioned that in my initial casual investigation trying to debunk this fairly common phenom, before I conceded defeat, that I found that many of your average thingies do, at times under the right conditions, emit a visible gas. I wonder how many old hidden kitchen dumps I uncovered with fires trying to disprove them. After finding a large silver serving dish with a fire, I finally conceded, just as you will some day.

Incidentally Gold is acted upon by many commonly found soil / plant chemicals. If it weren't, there could be no successful Gold extraction. We have merely refined them for mass collective reactions.

Also, just how do these indicative plants get the Gold or Silver ions in the first place, if there is no reaction in the soil??

Now getting back to just friendly exchanges, just which of my various possible remarks or explanations do you find irrational or unscientific?

Did my posting a picture of my share of 8 mule loads of 8 Reales found basically with a fire upset you because it was not certified by some irreproachable source?

Sorry, since it was just a snapshot for myself, I neglected to do that, nevertheless, it kept beans in the pot for a while.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HI Patches, You posted this to my esteemed friend Oro -->guy you were just yellin at offered his hand in friendship.and frankly,his posts were enlightening,as showing both viewpoints
Perhaps I have a different way of expressing friendship, but frankly Jb's way isn't mine. That was quite derogatory

Oro is also one of the most unbiased persons that I have met, most of the time he is trying to debunk me and Tayopa. He is always demanding proof, but not in any biased way, JUST THE FACTS
MAM.

soo relax patches

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HIO: for those that might wish more on this subject, but aligned to capturing this energy via photographs, go to "Digital cameras can see bried Gold" for various other factors about related energy fields. See examples -->

good afternoon Stogie my friend: you posted -->

(DJLM, reply #93) ”Gold readily goes into a visible ionic stage”
(DJLM, reply #123) “Luminous gases from an ionic transformation of a buried metal”
(DJLM, reply #234) “Metal does decompose, including Au., producing a broad range of visible, invisible, and electromagnetic anomalies” [and the products of this decomposition] “accumulates… in the form of a gas which falls into the visible spectrum. among others.“
(DJLM, reply #240) In response to a question I posed in Reply #239 Does gold have to be buried to give off aura? “NO, but to produce enough to be visible, viable, or reactive yes.”
(DJLM, reply #249) “What's so unique about Gold that it 'can't' produce those reactions?” He is referring to (MTS # 244) “auras and gases coming from gold”
(DJLM, reply #273) Decomposing gold “… gives off energy which may be in the visible spectrum or anywhere else in the energy spectrum
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Basically, quite correct in 'this' series of posts, my friend, the others?

Good morning my friends: Stogie, I thank you for your post, it clarifies many things -- hmmm.

You posted -->

Real de Tayopa because that they make various statements as if they were facts, which is very misleading (I’m being nice).
~~~~~~~~~~~
In all posts or statements, some contain facts, some conjectures, some speculative data. many are simply of the stuff that dreams are made of --- today ! The same applies for any investigative procedure, such as we have here, regardless of it's acceptability or conformability with the established protocols of Science, or Sciences own investigations for that matter.. To get outside of any box one must go to the dream world, otherwise there is no advancement since without it there is no direction or goal.

In this case, the recovery of the 8 Reales was FACT, a photograph was shown, however it is readily admitted that almost anything can be submitted as proof on the net, including diplomas, experience, qualifications, etc.,etc. regardless of actually being factual or applicable .

The Conditions necessary for a luminous gas to exist are based upon common chemical reactions with various metals, including gold. These chemicals are found in the soil in varying strengths and quantities. This, as well as the physical matrix of the soil itself, determines whether the buried metal develops a visible gas or not. The exit point of a Luminous gas very rarely occurs directly over the metal.

Personal observations while doing some Assay work on my mines and checking out the rumors of fires indicating buried metals, among a myriad of other things, has led to my formation of the postulate of the why and wherefore..

At no time have I flatly stated that this or that, regarding an actual luminous gas, is a fact.. I have always attempted to show the distinct or almost certainty of something occurring, but not a positive fact. If you have seen any, please bring it to the room's attention. I was taught in Premed, to never state that anything in Nature is fixed, especially after reading the Holistic Universe theory. One interpretation is that Theoretically, everything can exist simultaneously both pro and con, past present and future. Soooo

Good afternoon JB: You posted -->

I have trouble connecting your discovery of gold with the presence of some luminous gas that is supposedly never actually over the gold itself. Perhaps you could explain that a little better as it doesn't make much sense to me
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Decomposing metal is constantly giving off this luminous materiel, however in almost all cases, it isn't concentrated enough to be seen, especially in day light. So for a visual sighting to occur it needs a special set of circumstances which also dictate where and when it may be visible. It is almost never over the actual deposit it self..

The basic conditions require an adobe type soil which is impervious and it must also contain the necessary chemicals, and naturally the metal.. As the metal undergoes this decomposition, one of the products is this luminous materiel, but in a dry adobe soil it cannot escape, so it accumulates. Generally when the first rains arrive in the areas where Adobe soil is found, they loosen the soil enough so that the accumulated luminous materiel is able to escape. Many times the layer over the metal isn't softened enough, so the gas continues spreading out until it finds an exit. This distance may be from exactly overhead to a100 meters.

It is just that simple.
****************************************************************************************************

You also posted -->

Have you found more than one cache based on gases/fires or
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Yes, one other, but most finds were simply old pieces of scrap metal or tin cans from old campsites or ruins of old homes., So I personally do not go out of my way to look for the reasons for these luminous gases, unless there is a backing story.
*****************************************************************************************************

You also posted -->

This thread is about capturing invisible auras yet you insist on comparing apples to oranges and lumping visible fire/gasses in with the lot
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Frankly, just what is the difference between an aura and a luminous gas? The camera technique is a possible means of detecting an 'extremely low' quantity of luminous gas, or as you state an aura, which is effectively the same.
******************************************************************************************************

You posted ->
He is claiming that anyone can do this at any time with any camera.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once the technique is perfected, if it ever will be, yes, I agree that it will be.

Just a few years ago, did anyone imagine that they could see a human behind a tree in daylight, or in a pitch black night, hundreds of meters away simply by the IR of his body, and also capture this image on film??? Or even more fantastic see where he had been hours or days later?

Not long ago, I was sent an article by an scientist friend of mine who noticed that recently experimenters, utilizing extremely powerful Lazers, modified the atomic structure of aluminum, making it transparent. Sheesh who woulda thunk it?

Don Jose de La Mancha

Since posting this data, it has been modified to include Earth fields and modification of the origional ID frequency. Dr lands theory, which was proven out in practice via the polorid camera, was that combining different frequencies can produce a modified one in the visible spectrum as well an almost infinite no. of others.

Don Jose de La Mancha
Don Jose de la Mancha

Old Dog

Gold Member
May 22, 2007
Western Colorado
The only metal we can associate with Gold that will deteriorate over time is Mercury.
It will dissipate into the ground and the air depending on the amount of exposure to given elements.

That is the science I am most aware of. I have taken pictures of the area above a buried cache and have seen many others.
The aura floating above a dig hole as seen by a camera is nothing more than the vapors of the mercury as the digging has released it. It is invisible to the eye, and it is not good to breathe.

all of the other stuff as it has been laid out is as someone else verbalised on another thread,
an exercise in cloud watching.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening my old friend, ole DOG: You posted --> The only metal we can associate with Gold that will deteriorate over time is Mercury

Hm you are forgetting Cu, Ag, Pb, Zn, As, and a host of others. Gold is never found .900 in nature. It is always alloyed or mixed with other elements. They all deteriorate. The rate depends upon the soil matrix, chemical presence, and naturally occurring earth currents.

Incidentally most Gold ores do not have Hg, Mercury, with them, The conditions for Mercury are far different for forming an ore body than for Gold. Yes it 'does' happen, but as a later geological phenom.

You mentioned making photographs of the mercury vapors, if so, then the mercury fumes acted as a
interference medium to the background. One might say similar to the common heat waves.

Thanks my friend. Cloud watching is an excellent practice for getting out of the rigid box of conventionality. However it does not replace visualization abilities. Anything that you can visualize, man can do, or will do eventually.

Don jose de La Mancha

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
real,about time jefe. am guilty as charged.i re-apologise to mr oro and the op for my outburst.have been thinking about this topic,and about complex ores in presence of leached acidic solutions.and especially about vegetation changes within same exposure/climate areas. my main pursuit is to locate overlooked/ignored scraps of the tertiary/ancient river channels left strewn about during the formation of these newer granite batholiths that tower above here.buried river channels supply little water to young trees above.and support mainly brush and scrub pine/pin oaks.ridge tops make lunch a visual feast.tx and best a luck.

Attachments

• 0425091105.jpg
    0425091105.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 474
Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
good morning patches my friend: always love to see your posts. they mostly force me to 'gird my loins' and learn something new in order to try explain to myself about your data, and generally forces me to modify mine.

Must be a thousand times now that i have modified and re-modified my theories, sigh, but it is jelling, and fun.

Don Jose de La Mancha

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Patches, is it possible that I am looking at a flash fire path / line in the background, rather than lack of water?

As for a bench placer, I have one of the best. It is still untouched. it is a fairly large area, perhaps 10,000 hect., with coarse Gold at about one meter. No water available on top but a river below.

No, so far it hasn't produced a fire. he hehe

Don Jose de La Mancha

TerryC

Gold Member
Jun 26, 2008
Yarnell, AZ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 (2), Ace 300, Gold Bug 2, Tesoro Cortes, Garrett Sea Hunter, Whites TDI SL SE, Fisher Impulse 8, Minelab Monster 1000, Minelab CTX3030, Falcon MD20, Garrett Pro-pointer, Calvin Bunker digger.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Benches, tertiary river beds! THAT"S what I'm talking about. We have a few ancient river beds here around Murphys, CA. An older woman (84) I know told me of a man that pulled into her driveway up on Darby Knob. He was in a stretch limo, expensive suit, full beard and miner's slouch hat. Cool! He told her and her husband they were sitting on a gold mine! He wanted to dredge the tertiary beds on her property. After several back-up phone calls, they told the man no. The view is more important to them than the gold. Sweet! TTC

patches63

Jun 20, 2009
republic of trinity usa
Detector(s) used
gpx4500,gmt
tx real,that made my day.yes,the picture above was a burned off ridge line.perhaps that pic was misleading,after referring to vegetation/presence of fossilised river channels.that is mount shasta in the distance,one of the southernmost peaks/volcanos of the cascade range.the glaciers upon its north face are still increasing in size,against all odds.can be a major challenge to sort out/recognise the many differrent old channels of this area.many are not of tertiary age.but are simply the remains of present day watercourses left high and dry as the river/streams eroded their way ever deeper.and are far younger than true tertiary channels.sometimes these differring channels are entwined,or the younger lying above the older.though they may all be auriferrous,the character and desirability of the metals within differ greatly.one local area here even has ancient seabed with fossils overlign/mixed with later gold bearing ancient columbia river,a huge present day river far to the north of here.a now out of print book,ancient river of gold,raymond wallace,contains a wealth of insight and information.there are some copies for sale on ebay today.back later,best wishes

Attachments

• 0826081444.jpg
    0826081444.jpg
    251.1 KB · Views: 474

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks goldminer.

I wasn't sure how long the trumpeter plant association had been around, but silverweed is mentioned in Georgious Agricola's "De Re Metallica" as a way of finding silver veins (1566? I have a copy here somewhere).

I don't think Hoser had directed his a$$liness to the plant associations, just the lights.

Best-Mike
De Re Metallica.... Very interesting text. Just think of how the world had been effected from the information found in those writings?

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
St Elmo's fire has been photographed, pilots who fly at night have seen it on the wings of their aircraft, its a discharge of static elec.
I've had that very effect happen to a vehicle I was driving in a heavy snow storm. My radio was only putting out crackling static sounds no matter the dial setting and I stopped to take a pi$$ and heard the sound of an electrical arcing outside the vehicle. I thought the vehicle was having an electrical short of some kind and it was dark. I followed the sound and came to the tip of my radio antenna. At the top of the antenna was a light bulb shaped arc buzzing and emitting a very fine and beautiful blue light. Wish I had a camera on a mobile phone on that day, but it was around 1983 or so. It was in the mountains of Colorado and I drive 50K + miles each year and many times I'm driving in the same snowy weather conditions as was that night, but have never seen that phenomenon again. If it ever does do that again, I will take a picture of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread