Bodfish Mike

Dec 12, 2014
Bodfish and Marin county CA
Detector(s) used
Garrett , Whites
keene puffer drywasher , Keene A51 Sluice
Primary Interest:
Other
Just got my CA Drivers License in the mail.
Was surprised to see a gold miner use in the background graphics.
This state was built on mining what the hell went wrong.
Mike
miner.jpg

Upvote 0

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Whites, Fisher, Garrett, and Falcon.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Now don't get too worked up about getting killed. This whole debate about mercury in salmon is way out of proportion. Try a little research on selenium and mercury and you will find that the selenium counteracts the ill effects of the mercury. Both the salmon (as well as albacore tuna) and humans have more selenium than mercury in their tissues. Many misconceptions out there about this mercury thing and is a great scare tactic to manipulate the ill informed in to compliance to an agenda.
Great point there wildminer and thank you for posting as not everyone is willing to research this. What about the older fillings in peoples mouths for example or the lining of food cans that can contaminate the bodies organs etc.

FingerChili

Feb 17, 2018
SF Bay Area, California
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
blah blah 98% blah blah blah you're playing games blah blah you're the outsider

I thought I covered this already:

I don't have some kinda vendetta against [...] dredgers. In the grand scheme of things, it seems they're doing minimal, temporary harm that pales in insignificance to yearly storm flows or corporate america, and if they're actually collecting 98% of heavies then they're helping the ecosystem. You miners are the true green party. Thank you.

Yeah, playing a game that I didn't start, when all I did was ask questions. Stop being so defensive and suspicious of everyone being a spy or a fake miner or a city boy that has no business in the stream. Those rich tech nerd vegan hipster liberal democrats that get sick of the city and turn into lumberjacks or whatever are your bread and butter, and you're scaring them away with your xenophobia. I said "you'll" because your unjustified attitude makes newcomers feel unwelcome. No wonder it's taken 10 years and the laws have been getting more strict.

You haven't a clue what type of person I am. You see my location and probably think "envirowacko" or "sierra shill". I grew up on the outskirts of town riding horses, shooting guns, blowing stuff up with firecrackers, building houses, swapping engines, and also playing with gadgets, computers, tech, blah blah blah. Sorry to burst your sad little preconceived defense mechanism bubbles, but "my type of people" are probably your best bet for fixing this mess. You know why? We're Polymaths, and we transcend party lines. We're relatable to many walks of life, and can get along pretty much anywhere. We see the world for what it is, not what our master's propaganda tell us about "the other guys" or the "boogyman".

When I'm out metal detecting I'm chatting with dozens of the people you seem to hate, advocating for metal detecting and other treasure hunting. Now with the info I'm learning here I can better advocate for dredging. If you don't want me to point these rich, educated, influential people in your direction, so be it. You're shooting yourself in the foot chasing people like me and them away. But yeah, you guys already had me pegged. Wew, lads.

The thing is... the mercury isn't really locked into the bottom, it gets stirred up every winter and driven by the high water, closer and closer to the ocean. We dredgers didn't put the mercury there in the first place and lots of it comes straight from mother nature. Yes, some old poorly built dredges will only recover 98%, of what they gather, so they were collecting 98% of the mercury that was sitting in or under the river bed before we became outlaws with a maximum 2% loss. I built my dredges to recover all of the mercury that was mixed in the river bed. The mercury that was at the bottom, in the bedrock cracks was never put thru the dredge. We pulled it out by hand with the gold. We used specially designed systems that had basically no loss at all. Dredges are used to get thru the riverbed to the bedrock. Everything stuck down in the cracks of the bedrock was meticulously pulled out by hand. It's just another part of the big lie...
This video shows how some dredges were used to get to the bottom.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=27s&v=VOelpwv8aC0
This video shows my dredge and how it was built specifically for mercury removal. I pulled many pounds of mercury out of the river system myself before I was made an outlaw for cleaning up California's environment.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2hp0fzLzZBs
Being retired from the job that I dearly loved in 2009, by people who just couldn't tell the truth and had plenty of money to lie to the public with no recourse, doesn't change the fact that I did my best to clean the rivers, build perfect swimming holes that people thought were totally natural, build perfect dredges designed to catch everything. I've personally pulled hundreds of pounds of fishing weights out of the river's, and over 20lbs of mercury out of just one hole by hand. When I got to the bottom, it was like a mirror looking back at me and every bit of mercury was placed into jars, then cleaned and turned in to a local chemical company... A lifetime of helping clean the environment was shut down by commiefornia environazi lies... Now I'm an Arizonian!
https://m.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL34DA41102B4C46D3

Thanks for the info, I was just using the same arguments that were made it the thread about combie lake where people were saying that sierra's dredging with older style only got 93% and the newer style gets 98%. There were many more nuances like flouring and micron sized particles (.003mm or something wetted with mercury that can't be recovered) If you invented a new dredge that gets 100% (I haven't watched the videos yet) that's great! Also, I already know about storm flow, and made a point about it a few pages ago.

Again, thank you for cleaning up the environment. I've said it before and I'll say it again:

me said:
I don't have some kinda vendetta against [...] dredgers. In the grand scheme of things, it seems they're doing minimal, temporary harm that pales in insignificance to yearly storm flows or corporate america, and if they're actually collecting 98% of heavies then they're helping the ecosystem. You miners are the true green party. Thank you.

me said:
Nah, I totally get it. We've been poisoning ourselves nearly forever. Yup, we're trashing this planet. We are definitely foooooked.
(isn't coal the highest contributor to mercury?)

me said:
I'm not debating anyone, I'm asking questions and sharing my limited understanding, open to being corrected.

me said:
I understand why you'd be hostile though, sounds like [the state, feds, and sierras etc] boned ya.

me said:
I agree, and as a detectorist and a miner I take a lot of weights and bullets out of the ecosystem. I have no problem switching to nontoxic weights, and I hate losing gear. I also pick up other peoples fishing litter as I go.

me said:
I clean up after myself, and I clean up after other people too. Lead, hooks, line, etc. I bring home pocket fulls when I fish, bags full when I detect, and a little when I pan.

I have a drop of mercury in a bottle I got while panning. I'll keep adding to it.

me said:
Reed has already pointed out [the sierra's are] suspect. I already read some of the lake combie thread, and have already stated that I don't support the way they are doing it.

I didn't agree with or vote for the sierra club and others ripping off taxpayers.

Goldwasher, If we both speak nonsense, how come I can't understand yours? Please try to make sense.

Wildminer, I'll look that up.

Assembler, yeah, we're definitely poisoning ourselves all across the board.

Last edited:

Asmbandits

Bronze Member
Mar 4, 2014
NorCal
Detector(s) used
Fisher GB2, Bazooka Prospector 36", EZ sluice, Blue Bowl..
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This guy is just a little ahead of the curve per say..

FingerChili

Feb 17, 2018
SF Bay Area, California
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
No sweat, Assembler, I don't get offended easily and I figured most of the jabs are in good fun and I hope mine are being received the same.

I don't know what the cat thing means though.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
No sweat, Assembler, I don't get offended easily and I figured most of the jabs are in good fun and I hope mine are being received the same.

I don't know what the cat thing means though.
The meaning of the cat saying is that there will be 'pooping' (by the cat) on anyone who 'puffs' on the premises and is a fun way of telling others beware of 'puffing' without backing up what one is saying on the premises.
In short cut through the 'bull' and back up what one is saying.
Hope this make it more clear. Thanks for asking.
Since this is a family site the wording was edited for everyone.

Last edited:

mendoAu

Apr 23, 2014
SW Oregon
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Polymath...good for you but if you stop taxing the nucleus basalis, it begins to dry up.
Please don't edit my posts if you are going to quote me:
[Quote Originally Posted by mendoAu View Post
blah blah 98% blah blah blah you're playing games blah blah you're the outsider]

I've been down this road with other polymaths and that is why I should have stopped adding anything to this thread after offering to go head to head with you in a new thread. You didn't take me up on that and the reason I think is that you don't want an education. It's clear that you spent little if any time reading the few links I and others suggested you read.
Ha! this thread started out with a simple post by bodfish mike about his CA. drivers license and I'm sorry for helping this thread get so lengthy and off track. Gotta go now and dry off my wetsuit............
p.s.: anybody notice the new bill SB1313 demanding an immediate moritorium to stop all metal detecting in the State until further research is conducted on the potential harm the radio waves are causing on the floppy eared ground squirrels mating ritual? Should be hitting the news media shortly.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Polymath...good for you but if you stop taxing the nucleus basalis, it begins to dry up.
blah blah 98% blah blah blah you're playing games blah blah you're the outsider]

I've been down this road with other polymaths and that is why I should have stopped adding anything to this thread after offering to go head to head with you in a new thread. You didn't take me up on that and the reason I think is that you don't want an education. It's clear that you spent little if any time reading the few links I and others suggested you read.
Ha! this thread started out with a simple post by bodfish mike about his CA. drivers license and I'm sorry for helping this thread get so lengthy and off track. Gotta go now and dry off my wetsuit............
p.s.: anybody notice the new bill SB1313 demanding an immediate moritorium to stop all metal detecting in the State until further research is conducted on the potential harm the radio waves are causing on the floppy eared ground squirrels mating ritual? Should be hitting the news media shortly.
Yes a new thread about mercury that both man and nature puts in the stream etc. would be nice. By the way nature puts like a hundred to thousands times more mercury then man does in some areas.
How about the mercury in older light bulbs?

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
01101000101000100101010100010survey0010100101000100101

FingerChili

Feb 17, 2018
SF Bay Area, California
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Sorry, my brain is all rotted away from the mercury.

What new thread are you talking about? You mean your challenge to a debate that didn't mention making a new thread? No one needed a debate, no one was arguing anything, I asked for more information.

Yeah, this thread was about the drivers license, and I asked for clarification on the laws, and it was blown way out of proportion with talk of spies, state of california burning down cabins (yet to find proof), and how I was "pegged" as a sierra shill. All for asking for clarification on something I was unfamiliar with. JFC.

Yes a new thread about mercury that both man and nature puts in the stream etc. would be nice. By the way nature puts like a hundred to thousands times more mercury then man does in some areas.
How about the mercury in older light bulbs?

I didn't even need a new thread. Just a copy/paste link to all the data collected thus far. It literally could have saved 6 pages of nonsense and wasting someone's bandwidth. It could have been nipped in the bud with winner's post the mining alliance and a few other helpful pointers in the right direction (thank's again, you know who you are) but nope, it's gotta be a battle against that guy with SF Bay Area as his locaiton because reasons.

Goldwasher, I guess I'm not in on the joke.

01110111 01110111 01110111 00101110 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 01110100 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 01101100 01100001 01110100 01101111 01110010 00101110 01100011 01101111 01101101

mytimetoshine

Bronze Member
Jun 23, 2013
El Dorado County
Detector(s) used
GRIZZLY GOLD TRAP - ANGUS MACKIRK EXPLORER- BLUE BOWL - GOLD CUBE, MINELAB PRO 25 PINPOINTER-
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weird thing is, i just got a new license at the Folsom DMV about a month ago. No gold miner....

FingerChili

Feb 17, 2018
SF Bay Area, California
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Weird thing is, i just got a new license at the Folsom DMV about a month ago. No gold miner....

You could probably pay $28-35 and get a replacement with the miner.

I wonder why there's a california grizzly on the DL when they've been hunted to extinction. Maybe the miner is an omen or a warning. 0_o I hope not.

augoldminer

Jan 7, 2013
high desert goldfields
Detector(s) used
gold master V-sat
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is only ONE way to take back calif or at least part of it.

We must get together and split up the state of calif.

Right now there is a group of us that want to spilt the state into east and west calif.

Brexit engineer Nigel Farage hired to promote effort to break California in two

I was hoping San Andreas fault was going to take care of that for us. but it might take to long.

Reasons to split the state.

Calif gun laws us East Californians want to try the AZ type gun laws like carry with out permit.

Anti mining laws we want repeal most of them. most of the mining areas are in eastern calif and its western calif that blocks mining

smog laws its the west calif cars that put out 80% of the smog but we in the rural east calif have to pay for it.

The democrats in west calif take our power and blocks industry in the east calif areas and have for years.
The state of calif has blocked 6 solar power plants in east calif area around where i live for years till the companies that wanted to build the plants gave up.
Then they approved LADWP building a large solar plant called the beacon solar project with a very short permitting process.

water, western calif has been stealing eastern calif water since 1917
andhttps://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/politics/big-pine-paiute-fix-broken-pipeline/ LADWP loses 8 billion gallons of water are lost each year to leaky pipes, firefighting, evaporation, theft and other unaccounted losses,

L.A. took their water and land a century ago. Now the Owens Valley is fighting back
https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/politics/big-pine-paiute-fix-broken-pipeline/

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Sorry, my brain is all rotted away from the mercury.

What new thread are you talking about? You mean your challenge to a debate that didn't mention making a new thread? No one needed a debate, no one was arguing anything, I asked for more information.

Yeah, this thread was about the drivers license, and I asked for clarification on the laws, and it was blown way out of proportion with talk of spies, state of california burning down cabins (yet to find proof), and how I was "pegged" as a sierra shill. All for asking for clarification on something I was unfamiliar with. JFC.

I didn't even need a new thread. Just a copy/paste link to all the data collected thus far. It literally could have saved 6 pages of nonsense and wasting someone's bandwidth. It could have been nipped in the bud with winner's post the mining alliance and a few other helpful pointers in the right direction (thank's again, you know who you are) but nope, it's gotta be a battle against that guy with SF Bay Area as his locaiton because reasons.

Goldwasher, I guess I'm not in on the joke.

01110111 01110111 01110111 00101110 01100010 01101001 01101110 01100001 01110010 01111001 01110100 01110010 01100001 01101110 01110011 01101100 01100001 01110100 01101111 01110010 00101110 01100011 01101111 01101101

At one time there sure was a lot of people interested in mining that pasted through the SF area.
Moving all of the information about mercury to a new thread is the general idea.
One will not get many likes on some thread topics. This may be one with all of the sub-topics. However at the time of this post there is 252 likes that is up there to just be removed.

Assembler

Silver Member
May 10, 2017
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
There is only ONE way to take back calif or at least part of it.

We must get together and split up the state of calif.

Right now there is a group of us that want to spilt the state into east and west calif.

Brexit engineer Nigel Farage hired to promote effort to break California in two

I was hoping San Andreas fault was going to take care of that for us. but it might take to long.

Reasons to split the state.

Calif gun laws us East Californians want to try the AZ type gun laws like carry with out permit.

Anti mining laws we want repeal most of them. most of the mining areas are in eastern calif and its western calif that blocks mining

smog laws its the west calif cars that put out 80% of the smog but we in the rural east calif have to pay for it.

The democrats in west calif take our power and blocks industry in the east calif areas and have for years.
The state of calif has blocked 6 solar power plants in east calif area around where i live for years till the companies that wanted to build the plants gave up.
Then they approved LADWP building a large solar plant called the beacon solar project with a very short permitting process.

water, western calif has been stealing eastern calif water since 1917
andhttps://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/politics/big-pine-paiute-fix-broken-pipeline/ LADWP loses 8 billion gallons of water are lost each year to leaky pipes, firefighting, evaporation, theft and other unaccounted losses,

L.A. took their water and land a century ago. Now the Owens Valley is fighting back
https://indiancountrymedianetwork.com/news/politics/big-pine-paiute-fix-broken-pipeline/
Other "States" may want to split us as well. Congress alone has the power, derived from article IV, section 3, of the Constitution, of disposing of the public domain and making all needful rules and regulations in respect thereto. If the "Disposal of the Title" happened upon "The admission of the States into the Union" the "State" may hold "Title to the unappropriated lands".
Just asking.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread