Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was trying to edit the post and messed it all up.

My original post was that I see that someone hits the motherload. I am saying I hope it is Parker or the Hoffmans and not Dakota Fred.

The show based on the how they edit it has Dakota Fred rubbing me the wrong way. Fred told the producer that the show makes him look like someone who is only out for himself but he is really a nice guy. My idea of a nice guy would have lent parker the electrical panel. However he did claim it was his "partner" who wanted $10k for the panel (or was it Fred?)

The Hoffmans seem to make all kinds of mistakes and bad decisions, and Parker is impulsive, but he is only 17!

Still I hope it is either of them, but at the same time if it is Fred, well good for him, I wish it where me! Maybe the next time on the river I will hit a pocket for a hundred ounces!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

soupfreak

Mar 22, 2012
California
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Gold Bug Pro, Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505, Minelab CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem is all reality shows have various levels of staging, editing and fictional storytelling. Without it you end up with just simple documentary. You have to take any reality show with a grain of salt. Don't take these shows too seriously, it's all about what gets ratings and sells advertising.

The videos users post here are much better anyway!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured it was for a catch phrase

what_the_frick_.jpg

Gold Maven

Bronze Member
Jul 4, 2012
Holmes County Ohio
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured it was for a catch phrase

View attachment 729296

LMAO that tub of lard says frick 100 times/episode.

The last show had a close up of the Hoffman's clean up with the old man acting like he was panning, gold was spilling over the edge of his pan. There is no way he does the clean up......if he does, I'd like to gather up the stuff he's dumping.

It's like a car crash....I don't want to watch, but I can't help myself.

goldog

Sep 25, 2012
Tujunga, CA
Detector(s) used
Bazooka Gold Trap, A-51, Gold Pan
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I thought I was seeing things. Sure glad its not my gold they are dumping on the ground.

kitt

Sep 1, 2012
Brookings Oregon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I like and watch the show, but I think Todd is a fricken cry baby crying about how in season 2 when they started filming the other crew. "we poured our hearts and souls in to this, some of these guy's wont have a home to go back to."
They really have no clue what its really like to lose there home. Well I hope they fail.

rocamadour

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The problem is all reality shows have various levels of staging, editing and fictional storytelling. Without it you end up with just simple documentary. You have to take any reality show with a grain of salt. Don't take these shows too seriously, it's all about what gets ratings and sells advertising.

The videos users post here are much better anyway!

I agree that Discovery probably add some drama by pointing on difficulties miners have. I however think that Todd is shown as he is. This is season 3 and we can say that Todd acts always the same manner since season 1. Before going into mining, he had a construction company which was a failure. This guy is not a leader and have no competence in managing any company. He is just a dreamer, a preacher, probably a spoiled children. Now, on his Facebook blog, he is complaining against the executive producer, Christo Doyle, for showing him as an idiot. He however not complain about videos which showed him taking bad decisions regularly. That's the reality. Near all viewers consider him as an idiot. If it was just scripted scenes, he would not have complained against Christo Doyle.

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I liked the temporary pump fix by using the hydraulics from the excavator.

The discovery claim looks promising for Parker.

I cant believe that anyone would try to feed a boulder that size into any wash plant. (what was Dustin thinking?)

Edge2sharp

Greenie
Nov 11, 2012
The show is getting totally wacky...first off you wouldn't put a boulder like that in the box and also when they fixed the plant they used their equipment that was supposably broken when Fred had to get New equipment last episode so either the editing of the show is really bad or really badly staged...also when Parker went up to the discovery claim site and was talking about working on the claim but has to talk to the owner first....well if you looked in the background when he was there talking to the camera his equipment was already there....I think they do all these things out of order and try to edit in order but they are screwing up

Last edited:

rocamadour

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Please, anybody can sum up what happened on the three claims in this episode?

Thank you

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Thank you

Todd Hoffman. instead of fireing half his crew, as ordered by his investor,
moved all his equipment & crew over to Dave turin's lot.
it appears now Todd & Jack are fixin' to take over, & claim victory for themselves,
or destroy the equipment there. :laughing7:

Fred had to do some welding again after they dropped a large boulder in the box,
And yes My first thought was they did it on purpose.
Perhaps it was coming apart & they needed to , before welding.

Parker moved on to another piece of land & had to do a little death road trucking :laughing7:
till he finally got a 2 mile road widened a bit.

Not a whole lot to talk about, other then I wouldn't be letting Jack Hoffman
totaling up gold results if I was Dave

G.I.B.

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2007
North Central Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / GTI 2500 / Infinium LS / Tesoro Sand Shark / 1 Garrett Pro-pointer / 1 Carrot / Vibra Probe 580 (out on loan) / Lesche M85 / Mark1 MOD1 EyeBall
Primary Interest:
Other
...another view

Thank you

Todd is riding on Dave's coattails cuz he's too stupid to find gold on his own.

Parker is popping zits.

Fred is welding again.

*yawn*

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I must admit I do respect Todd for not sending anyone home.

I always disrespected any company who hired, then let workers go.
especially in cases like this.

It' like promising profit sharing, using them,
then getting rid of them just before the profit rolls in
just to increase your own %.

Last edited:

1320Fastback

Apr 21, 2012
Oceanside, Ca
Detector(s) used
Ace 350
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have always been a Todd supporter since Fred claim jumped him but I have to admit he's a moron.

Parker has now made another deal for another 10% of his profits.
Does the previous person get 10% of the new money made on different land?

Fred's crew I believe is the only crew that actually knows what they are doing (giant ass rock not included).

As far as "reality:" the only thing that is real is the gold coming out of the ground.
This show is as scripted and made up as Storage Wars or almost any other show they have.

improvmechanic

Jan 5, 2013
I believe it's really happening but it's edited heavily. "The devil can cite scripture for his purpose." Dave knows what he's doing.

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todd Hoffman should seriously have to take an apptitude test to see what his intelligence level really is.. I don't think he could plan a kindergarden field trip let alone a gold minning operation.. His planning skills are sriously lacking.. That being said I really hope Parker can get on the gold the kid only wants to make his grandpa proud sure would be nice to see him catch a break..

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
They are really getting their sponsors in line. Notice the Volvos and the Garrett hats. But of course all this is REAL. And I have a bridge in New York City for sale if you're interested. On the real side, none of the mines so far seem to have any real good ground to work, although Fred (if he gets over himself), has the best shot of actually making some money. Their investment is the smallest, and they are actually getting some gold. On the other hand, I can't stand to watch the bleepety bleep Bering Sea Gold that comes on after it.

Hemisteve

Feb 21, 2008
N. Nevada
Detector(s) used
Goldmaster V/Sat and MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know about you guys, but if I was sitting on thousands of yards of rich pay dirt I would have figured out a way to keep that trommel running.

Gold Rush - The sequel to Dumb and Dumber :laughing7:

dougofpa

Banned
May 18, 2012
PA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Safari, Garrett ACE 250, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I don't know about you guys, but if I was sitting on thousands of yards of rich pay dirt I would have figured out a way to keep that trommel running.

Gold Rush - The sequel to Dumb and Dumber :laughing7:

Why don't they use those two large trucks and truck their paydirt down to Dave's trummel and run it..his plant is 2 miles away...that's not far to truck gold bearing dirt...why leave it up there and sit...they have 20 guys running around....doing nothing......take 6 or 8 guys and have them truck all that dirt and stockpile it..have them truck 24/7 and take shifts till its all down there.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread