Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was trying to edit the post and messed it all up.

My original post was that I see that someone hits the motherload. I am saying I hope it is Parker or the Hoffmans and not Dakota Fred.

The show based on the how they edit it has Dakota Fred rubbing me the wrong way. Fred told the producer that the show makes him look like someone who is only out for himself but he is really a nice guy. My idea of a nice guy would have lent parker the electrical panel. However he did claim it was his "partner" who wanted $10k for the panel (or was it Fred?)

The Hoffmans seem to make all kinds of mistakes and bad decisions, and Parker is impulsive, but he is only 17!

Still I hope it is either of them, but at the same time if it is Fred, well good for him, I wish it where me! Maybe the next time on the river I will hit a pocket for a hundred ounces!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't they use those two large trucks and truck their paydirt down to Dave's trummel and run it..his plant is 2 miles away...that's not far to truck gold bearing dirt...why leave it up there and sit...they have 20 guys running around....doing nothing......take 6 or 8 guys and have them truck all that dirt and stockpile it..have them truck 24/7 and take shifts till its all down there.

I've been yelling that at the tv ever since Dave got his wash plant running.

Last episode they did finally join forces with the Indian river crew, trucks, excavators, loaders and all. Guess they will be running 24/7 until they run out of dirt or the wash plant breaks down.

GG~

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Parker said " I'll take the Polaris Ranger up there"..he sounded kinda smart when he said it sorta like I'm doing this 'cause i have to tone..you can hear them saying their lines sometimes I hate it because I do believe they are getting the gold they show from their diggings and washplants sux that they have to act through it and the Hoffman crew eeeccchhh they are lucky they have Dave and the Mechanic,,the aspect about their op i believe is stged is ther material issues..I think they knew what dirt would be run all season and the mislocated claim issue the running out of dirt and needing the upper bench...all planned. The trommel problems:dontknow:

leenie

Dec 30, 2006
Northwest Indiana
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE Pro xp dues
why don't they rerun the tailings at the end of the trommel where they lost the gold? just have to haul it two miles.

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Why don't they use those two large trucks and truck their paydirt down to Dave's trummel and run it..his plant is 2 miles away...that's not far to truck gold bearing dirt...why leave it up there and sit...they have 20 guys running around....doing nothing......take 6 or 8 guys and have them truck all that dirt and stockpile it..have them truck 24/7 and take shifts till its all down there.
Good question. Parker is going to be hauling his 2 miles at the new claim. It's all drama.

Meurnik

Jan 1, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, i acually liked the last episode. It was more about mining for gold than all the crap the normally show.
Fred&Dustin should get a big jackhammer on their crippled excavator, crack the big rocks and run the pieces.

like this:
874-72.jpg

Last edited:

rocamadour

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Todd Hoffman. instead of fireing half his crew, as ordered by his investor,
moved all his equipment & crew over to Dave turin's lot.
it appears now Todd & Jack are fixin' to take over, & claim victory for themselves,
or destroy the equipment there. :laughing7:

Fred had to do some welding again after they dropped a large boulder in the box,
And yes My first thought was they did it on purpose.
Perhaps it was coming apart & they needed to , before welding.

Parker moved on to another piece of land & had to do a little death road trucking :laughing7:
till he finally got a 2 mile road widened a bit.

Not a whole lot to talk about, other then I wouldn't be letting Jack Hoffman
totaling up gold results if I was Dave

Thank you very much for giving me some insights of last episode. I really have problems to watch episodes as the series is not yet aired in my country. They are now airing last season they already aired last year. Till now, I could watch episodes videos on youtube but because of copyrights rights, Youtube delete Gold Rush episodes. I try to buy episodes on Amazon.com but they told me that they are not allowed to send me these episodes in my country. So, thank you again for giving me a sum up of that episode. Seem there is nothing very new as usual.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: I'll try to keep you updated here .
I forgot what their total gold take-in was this week, but it was a nice amount thanks to daves team

improvmechanic

Jan 5, 2013
They were running the very top gravel in a new cut, so it was pretty impressive. They pulled almost 50 if I remember right.

ejimbo4

Jan 7, 2013
Martin,Ga.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
New guy here! And I mean new! Just got into panning in the last month. I have watched this show from the begining and I like it. But in no way did this show or "Bering Sea Gold" push me towards the want to find gold. For me it was the history of my area(Cherokee,Paulding County Georgia)! We have the purest gold in the world at 98% pure and the story of the "Trail of Tears"! I am quickly finding out the back breaking work that goes into just running some pans of dirt but I love it! The joy of just being creek side and the outdoors is fullfilling! I have gained a lot of respect for the hobby and the business. I have read this whole thread(LOL) and it seems we are ALL wrapped up in what will happen next but I believe in the end we all believe in ourselves and our own pursuit for the yellow!

walldo

Jun 18, 2012
Washington state
Detector(s) used
Mine lab x terra 305
I like watching the trials of these groups.

The worst part was watching the outdoor network. The Alaskan and gold fever. Then my wife found out I had paid extra to subscribe to the channel. Gold fever has me pretty good.

clovis97

Silver Member
Dec 9, 2010
Thank you very much for giving me some insights of last episode. I really have problems to watch episodes as the series is not yet aired in my country. They are now airing last season they already aired last year. Till now, I could watch episodes videos on youtube but because of copyrights rights, Youtube delete Gold Rush episodes. I try to buy episodes on Amazon.com but they told me that they are not allowed to send me these episodes in my country. So, thank you again for giving me a sum up of that episode. Seem there is nothing very new as usual.

I think the show is aired on Friday nights in the US. Someone is posting the new episode every Saturday on Y*utube, but deleting it by Monday morning. This person says in the description "I WILL DELETE THIS SHOW WITHIN 24 HOURS". Watch it fast, or you will miss it.

jmkesler

Nov 2, 2012
Salisbury, Rowan County, North Carolina
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
I'd like to see and hear more about the gray rocks/clay they were on at Porcupine Creek. I have a creek that has huge deposit of blue cemented clay gravels that I have been finding gold in. Fred said "if you can get to the bottom of it, you'll never work another day of your life"! All I have is a mattock, a Gold Hog, Gold cube and a shovel so I'm not going to be getting to the bottom of it anytime soon... But this inspires me to maybe dig a little faster just in case there's more the deeper I go.

rocamadour

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:icon_thumright: I'll try to keep you updated here .
I forgot what their total gold take-in was this week, but it was a nice amount thanks to daves team

Thanks Jeff. I finally could look at the youtube video. Results are :

Parker 23 oz
Fred 28 oz
Dave 46 oz

Dave is totalling 269 oz, Fred 100 oz, Parker 103 oz. That's the gold they show us. They probably got more. Miners never say how much gold they found.

I'm fed up at these 1000 oz out of Todd's mouth. This man must have serious psychologic problems. Only children repeat this sort of nonsense. How can he thinks that his crew believes that. No way. Perfect idiot.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that was an earlier show totals roc, I believe only Dave's crew got gold last show

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wonder if we're ever gonna get to see what it looks like when you drop a Big Azz glass jar full of gold...I still believe the gold they are finding is dug by them....I think they show all they recover, I also believe they are not catching as much as they could...I would pay to run a Highbanker in either Daves or Freds tailings....and the area around the trommel needs to be ran all over again....working drum or not did you see the size of gold and how far it made it down the trommel sluice...:icon_scratch:

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
...anybody notice they all are wearing "Garrett",hats?Is that for the detectors I have never seen em use?

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'd like to see and hear more about the gray rocks/clay they were on at Porcupine Creek. I have a creek that has huge deposit of blue cemented clay gravels that I have been finding gold in. Fred said "if you can get to the bottom of it, you'll never work another day of your life"! All I have is a mattock, a Gold Hog, Gold cube and a shovel so I'm not going to be getting to the bottom of it anytime soon... But this inspires me to maybe dig a little faster just in case there's more the deeper I go.

#1,I wouldnt beleive a word that comes out of there propaganda mouth,and #2 if what he is saying is true(how does he know...its not been tested)thats likely just in that area.Is your area historically a MAJOR gold producing area?Has gold historically come from that type of clay in your area?I wouldnt go quitting your day job,or investing in heavy equipt. :thumbsup:

rocamadour

Greenie
Jan 9, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe that was an earlier show totals roc, I believe only Dave's crew got gold last show

I have taken notes of how much gold if anythey got in each episode. That's the total I have. This is I saw in last episode. Now, I can be wrong somewhere.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have taken notes of how much gold if anythey got in each episode. That's the total I have. This is I saw in last episode. Now, I can be wrong somewhere.

yea me too . :tongue3:

jmkesler

Nov 2, 2012
Salisbury, Rowan County, North Carolina
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
#1,I wouldnt beleive a word that comes out of there propaganda mouth,and #2 if what he is saying is true(how does he know...its not been tested)thats likely just in that area.Is your area historically a MAJOR gold producing area?Has gold historically come from that type of clay in your area?I wouldnt go quitting your day job,or investing in heavy equipt. :thumbsup:

I live in in a little town called Rockwell. It's a couple miles away from historic Gold Hill and Reed Gold mine, NC... Site of America's first gold rush. The gold found around here now and is mostly placer, but back in the 17 and 1800's they did lode and placed mining. The property I am working has old gold mines from the 19th century. The gold I find is in a gray layer of cemented gravels. I find tons of broken quartz as well as other rocks in the cemented stuff. It's blue gray green color is what's most striking about it, besides the gold! Here's a video I made to best describe the creek and blue clay:

I'd love to really dig deeper to see if the grit gets more coarse but I don't have time with a 6 and 4 year old at home. Thanks for the advice.

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions