Ben Cartwright SASS

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Whites, Garrett
Primary Interest:
Other
I was trying to edit the post and messed it all up.

My original post was that I see that someone hits the motherload. I am saying I hope it is Parker or the Hoffmans and not Dakota Fred.

The show based on the how they edit it has Dakota Fred rubbing me the wrong way. Fred told the producer that the show makes him look like someone who is only out for himself but he is really a nice guy. My idea of a nice guy would have lent parker the electrical panel. However he did claim it was his "partner" who wanted $10k for the panel (or was it Fred?)

The Hoffmans seem to make all kinds of mistakes and bad decisions, and Parker is impulsive, but he is only 17!

Still I hope it is either of them, but at the same time if it is Fred, well good for him, I wish it where me! Maybe the next time on the river I will hit a pocket for a hundred ounces!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I live in in a little town called Rockwell. It's a couple miles away from historic Gold Hill and Reid Gold mine, NC... Site of America's first gold rush. The gold found around here now and is mostly placer, but back in the 17 and 1800's they did lode and placed mining. The property I am working has old gold mines from the 19th century. The gold I find is in a gray layer of cemented gravels. I find tons of broken quartz as well as other rocks in the cemented stuff. It's blue gray green color is what's most striking about it, besides the gold! Here's a video I made to best describe the creek and blue clay: YouTube

Is love to really dig deeper to see if the grit gets more coarse but I don't have time with a 6 and 4 year old at home. Thanks for the advice.

Keep an eye out for diamonds around the blue clay layer :icon_thumleft:
Diamonds are found in NC so ...... wouldn't hurt to be on the lookout. (blue clay can be an indicator)

GG~

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny you should mention that. Check out this other video I made after someone mentioned the clay might be a decomposing layer of kimberlite!

Those did not appear to be diamonds. One way to tell was that they were wet, a raw diamond has a surface that will not hold water.
Of course a hardness test would be in order on any suspect stones. A diamond will scratch quartz but quartz will not scratch a diamond.

When you are looking for diamonds it helps to know what you are looking for. Diamonds also come in many colors besides white, in fact the colored diamonds are even more valuable. Google: raw diamond identification

I suppose we should start a separate thread in the ROCKS/GEMS section of the forum for diamond hunting so as not to hijack this one.

GG~

Last edited:

Oakview2

Silver Member
Feb 4, 2012
Prather CA
Detector(s) used
Whites GMT
Primary Interest:
Other
...anybody notice they all are wearing "Garrett",hats?Is that for the detectors I have never seen em use?

I have seen their ads in ICMJ advertising that they use Garrett pans exculsively...

jmkesler

Nov 2, 2012
Salisbury, Rowan County, North Carolina
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Those did not appear to be diamonds. One way to tell was that they were wet, a raw diamond has a surface that will not hold water.
Of course a hardness test would be in order on any suspect stones. A diamond will scratch quartz but quartz will not scratch a diamond.

When you are looking for diamonds it helps to know what you are looking for. Diamonds also come in many colors besides white, in fact the colored diamonds are even more valuable. Google: raw diamond identification

I suppose we should start a separate thread in the ROCKS/GEMS section of the forum for diamond hunting so as not to hijack this one.

GG~

Thanks for the look. I bought a short wave UV lamp to see if it would illuminate the crystals and it did not. I haven't tried a scratch test as they are so small. Either way, I'll keep an eye out for them while I process the clay grit. Thanks for having a look.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting Show last night .

Parker finally hit the big time at the Discovery claim with 43 oz.
although his 300 feet long death road is an accident waiting to happen,
I can't believe his dad didn't insist the road be twice as wide
while they were building it.
and next week it
appears
he flips the truck.

at Porcupine creek old lady talked Dustin into flooding Fred's Glory Hole
and vacuuming (dredging) the cracks in the bedrock, against Fred's wishes.
total was 14 ounces so far

at Indian River, Todd took the night shift with no concern over Dave's equipment
almost completely undermining the Sluice box which could have caused it to fall.,
& jamming things up with rocks, just to outdo Dave & the day team.
Of course in the Morning Dave had to spend half the day cleaning up Todd's crews Mess.
which Previews Suggest Todd may Destroy or at least damage Dave's Sluice next week.
so todd can say "What the frick ?" AGAIN .
but they did set a record at 137 oz. total

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Interesting Show last night .

Parker finally hit the big time at the Discovery claim with 43 oz.
although his 300 feet long death road is an accident waiting to happen,
I can't believe his dad didn't insist the road be twice as wide
while they were building it.
and next week it
appears
he flips the truck.

at Porcupine creek old lady talked Dustin into flooding Fred's Glory Hole
and vacuuming (dredging) the cracks in the bedrock, against Fred's wishes.
total was 14 ounces so far

at Indian River, Todd took the night shift with no concern over Dave's equipment
almost completely undermining the Sluice box which could have caused it to fall.,
& jamming things up with rocks, just to outdo Dave & the day team.
Of course in the Morning Dave had to spend half the day cleaning up Todd's crews Mess.
which Previews Suggest Todd may Destroy or at least damage Dave's Sluice next week.
so todd can say "What the frick ?" AGAIN .
but they did set a record at 137 oz. total
You get up way too early. Or maybe you stay up way too late. :laughing7: lol At any rate, thanks for the update. I'll be watching it later on the dvr.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You get up way too early. Or maybe you stay up way too late. :laughing7: lol At any rate, thanks for the update. I'll be watching it later on the dvr.

was up at a Quarter after 12 this morning to watch them :thumbsup:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The dredge sort of proved my theory that all the crews are loosing gold off the end of their sluices.
I sure would like to dredge their settling ponds just to see just how much they are loosing, especially at Indian River with all the volume they run.

Seems to me that the typical % in loss off any high volume wash plant would surely be worth the effort of one man and a dredge to recover.
But then why not cut out the middle man and divert the wash plant runoff into a real long dredge sluice. :sign13:

Last edited:

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
Thanks for the look. I bought a short wave UV lamp to see if it would illuminate the crystals and it did not. I haven't tried a scratch test as they are so small. Either way, I'll keep an eye out for them while I process the clay grit. Thanks for having a look.

UV lights dont illuminate all diamonds.i found this out tobe a true statement! and electronic diamond testers dont work all that good on material that has foriegn substances on it either! youll need to use several methods to determine its true ID! placeing it in clear karosen(when place in it a diamond will disappear(water clear) or appear to!,scratch test(useing a known diamond ,scratch the suspect and if real, it should just slide off if not itll scratch the object!(dont do this by any edge or itll chip the stone if its real!visual inspection and specific weight. thisll keep you busy !

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was glad to see Parker finally hit some good pay dirt.. Also I was really surprised to see how much gold that dredger got in just one day... Wow is all I can say I don't know much about gold minning but 14 ozs in just one day that's a pretty efficient little machine in my opinion.. As always Todd made a complete idiot of himself that guy is only holding Dave and the rest of the crew back in my opinion.. Sure it was his idea to mine 2 shifts but if he had done his job in the first place and made sure all of his equipment was ready before the season started they would'nt need two shifts.. Dave was alot nicer than I would have been when he replaced the stone that Todd allowed to wash out from under the wash plant... I would have been dragging him out of bed by that beard to fix yet another one of his screw ups.. Will be interesting to see if they make the 1000 ozs..

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
We are all being setup for more drama next week. Todd and his crew are going to destroy Dave's equipment. Either a frontend loader is going to damage the hopper, a rock is going to jam in the conveyor belt and blow the hydraulics, a dump truck is going over the edge, bearings are going to weld themselves together. I would like to see someone just lay Todd out on his back, he is such a jerk. Who is he kidding he is only looking out for himself, but he mumbles, "I am only doing it for the guys" B*ll Sh*T

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would bet that Tony Beets ( I had to google him to make sure of his last name. it really is Beets) was asked to have his operation added to Gold Rush Alaska but was too smart to accept the offer, plus he wouldn't want anyone to know his business.

But It sure would be a treat to see his operation up close and personal :icon_thumright:

P.S. no "man crush" here, although I do suffer from a "Gold Crush" :tongue3:

GG~

Last edited:

Sportsman

Jan 3, 2013
Last night I decided Todd needs to go. Not even any entertainment value. Yes, I was slow to come around. If someone feels unsafe in an obvious dangerous situation, he has the right to stop. Todd could have run the truck. I expect Dave to be in charge next year if there is a next year. Night shift should truck dirt from indian River.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Last night I decided Todd needs to go. Not even any entertainment value. Yes, I was slow to come around. If someone feels unsafe in an obvious dangerous situation, he has the right to stop. Todd could have run the truck. I expect Dave to be in charge next year if there is a next year. Night shift should truck dirt from indian River.

absolutely ! . between his lack of caring about his truck drivers health,
and knowing about the Sluice box being washed out and deciding it was more important
to keep processing dirt rather then replace the gravel, he's completely lost it.

must be trying to impress his Investors

pong12211

Bronze Member
Jan 5, 2013
North central Pa.
Detector(s) used
Garrett at pro/Garrett pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with you 100%.. Putting on of your guys on a job that he does'nt feel safe doing simply to chase your own glory is a weak mans move in my opinion.. That guy was adament about feeling unsafe and Todd threw a hissy fit until he got his way... This guy is no leader.. You want to lead do by example you moron and you drive the truck.. That's what a leader would do.

russau

Gold Member
May 29, 2005
St. Louis, missouri
anyone entering the contest for this show NEEDS to read the sweepstake official rules!!!!!!! lots of ways you can eleiminate your self without even knowing what youve done! lots of small print to read and remember!!

kuger

Gold Member
Nov 6, 2007
Detector(s) used
,M.X.T.& Tesoro Tejon
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What ever Canada's version of MSHA should be all over his fat "FRICKEN",azz,after that stunt he broke more than one regulation.I would have rolled him down that bank!!!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
anyone entering the contest for this show NEEDS to read the sweepstake official rules!!!!!!! lots of ways you can eleiminate your self without even knowing what youve done! lots of small print to read and remember!!

contest ? they have a Contest Now ? :icon_scratch:

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
contest ? they have a Contest Now ? :icon_scratch:

CLICK HERE: Gold Rush See It Live Sweeps : Discovery Channel

Enter for your chance to meet your favorite miners on a VIP trip to Gold Rush: Live!
Grand Prize
All expenses paid trip for you and a friend to the Gold Rush LIVE season finale. Be there to see who hits the mother lode LIVE.
miners.png

Code word: HARD HAT

Last edited:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread