GOLD RUSH BEGINS TONIGHT

AzViper

Bronze Member
Sep 30, 2012
Arizona - Is there any other state worth visiting
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro, Nokta FORS Gold, Garrett ATX, Sun Ray Gold Pro Headphones, Royal Pick, Etc.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How much black sand do you figure was in Tony's 530 oz take? At least 50 if not 100 I'd guess.

ratled

Feb 18, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I figured they would finally take that out of the script!
The whole script is based on that. It's the only reason the mainstream watch the show in the first place

Last edited:

Goldwasher

Gold Member
May 26, 2009
Sailor Flat, Ca.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
SDC2300, Gold Bug 2 Burlap, fish oil, .35 gallons of water per minute.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's big 'black sand" boys. don't forget gold commonly has manganese coating and staining. If anything its an ounce or so and ill be removed by further cleaning.

Jason in Enid

Gold Member
Oct 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I thought it was funny that Toads huge celebration was less than 1/10 of what Tony got and would have been considered a failure by either Tony or Parker.

In case any of you missed the ending, they show Toad's crew imploding, a huge fight and ended with Turin with a black eye. But knowing how much they script this garbage, it was most likely staged and the black eye was makeup.

enamel7

Gold Member
Apr 16, 2005
North Carolina
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah right! Mitch knows his work schedule and leaves to get married. I'm not buying that! You work at most 4 months a year and schedule the wedding then. Just more drama. And Toad thinks he would ever come work for him!

Ordell

Feb 8, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loved Chris Doumit's line last night. "This is looking like a Hoffman cleanout." :laughing7:

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
50 oz for the toadster/ 500 for the beetman

Jeff95531

Silver Member
Feb 10, 2013
Deep in the redwoods of the TRUE Northern CA
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Alpha 2000
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Last season of Gold Rush was one of my favorites while this season is easily the worst. I DVR it because I can't stay awake. I love gold and all things related but GR is ranking right up there with Bering Sea Gold as in too much drama, stupidity and not enough prospecting and mining. I mean come on. Who in their right mind runs a thousand yards of dirt based on one test pan??? 80 feet of overburden??? Jeez. :BangHead:

On the other hand, I recently got to watch an episode of Yukon Gold on NatGeo and enjoyed it very much. :icon_thumright:

wildminer

Dec 2, 2015
Jefferson Coast
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Haven't been watching so let me guess that it was Toad that ran that thousand yards based on one test pan. Me thinks he gets gut feelings too much!

StreamlineGold

Apr 21, 2013
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yeah anyone who knows anything about gold mining you do a heck of a lot more testing before spending all that fuel and resources. All the ground they get is piss poor anyways. Its pretty tough to get excited about the show when you know its largely fiction..

Yukon gold is a lot more interesting.

Anyone else notice high bar is for sale now lol?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread