Good CW Relics and Housesite Goodies Today!

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All,

Mr. Rodeo Recon and I got together for our weekly Tuesday Hunt today. :) Since the weather was in the 70's for the high (unlike last week when we were out on 90 degree days :P), we hit two spots. The second spot was a small house site that yielded only a flat button, a harmonica reed, and two toe taps (would've been a housesite trifecta with a suspender clip in the mix 8) ). Since the finds there weren't incredibly exciting, all I'll say is that it was a fun woods hunt during which I saw a cool moth.

Moth.jpg

Even though the finds there were meager, we'd had a great day already by 2pm when we got on the second site. So let me tell you now about the first part of our day...

We'd had the uncommon experience of hunting a pasture earlier today. We pulled up to a great old farmhouse (the yard of which will be a back-up spot for us in the future, I'm sure). The kind old lady inside told us to hunt in the pasture all we wanted. :thumbsup: As we were walking down there without all the heavy gear, I kept thinking this would be Sweet in comparison to the hunts we've been doing. When we got on the site, we quickly found the iron patch--and I couldn't believe that I could actually hunt without the searchcoil hitting something every sweep. :P It felt....EASY!

We were enjoying ourselves in the sunny, non-sweaty, non-tick-infested, non-poison ivy-covered pasture. ;D

Fields.jpg

Needless to say, the finds started to slowly make their way into our pouches. A suspender clip for Rodeo and a toe tap for me...and then Rodeo dug something and waved me over. When I got there, my gut instinct screamed "SCABBARD TIP!" (The relic hunter in me is never far beneath the surface.) I'm pretty darn sure that's what this is--perhaps someone can give me a positive ID of the item. (The case for this being military was further strengthened later in the hunt... :wink:)

Scabbard Tip.jpg

Scabbard Tip1.jpg

My next target I thought I'd gotten--of all things--not a LC, or a 2 Cent Piece...but an IH. :P I took a photo or two and called Rodeo over, carefully picked it up...and then realized it was a Flat Button False Alarm. ::)

Flat Button False Alarm.jpg

We kept coaxing the sparse good targets from the non-ticky pasture. I then dug something that I believe is my favorite house site item so far. When I saw it in the hole, I just had to smile. I call this photo "Metal Detecting is True Love."

Metal Detecting Love.jpg

A Beautiful little stamped brass heart. :)

Meanwhile Rodeo was in top form, working the site with his passion HIGH:

Rodeo.jpg

After a little while without any good signal besides Big Iron, I got a decent brass signal on the Mighty Tesoro. It turned out to be a two-piece button. ;D I was hoping this one would turn out to be an Eagle Button...and indeed, it was. :thumbsup:

Eagle Dug.jpg

Rodeo was meanwhile filling his pouch with goodies, including this interesting piece of decorated brass that I believe might be a portion of a ram rod channel. Perhaps someone can help with the ID...

Ram Rod Channel.jpg

Ram Rod Channel1.jpg

My last target of the day was this cool piece of stamped, silvered brass with a female figure on it. Any ideas on this one is much appreciated as well. When I found it, it was bent...but I always carefully straighten items like these--as well as the toe taps and suspender clips...

Silver Plated Portrait.jpg

It had gotten into the afternoon by that time, and the good targets had waned considerably...plus we'd gotten a little nervous about the momma cows, their babies, and the Big BULL encroaching gradually on our spot. Hint: The BULL is in the middle of this photo. He is the one with the horns. :wink: He also has other things that make him anatomically different from the female cows...but we can't mention exactly what those are on Treasurenet. :-X It's a "family forum." :D

Bull.jpg

Upvote 0
MonkeyBoy said:
Nice digs... any chance that heart might be a corp badge?? Does it have solder joints on the back? Like it was a pin back??

MonkeyBoy

No solder joints, but I'm puzzled as to how it was affixed to something, or exactly what it decorated. It does have corrosion spots at a diagonal across the back...

-BB

Nice interesting story, How about a picture of her house.. Also I would like to suggest that you lower the pixels on your camera so that they will show up faster when we look at them.

You must have a Nice camera,but the pictures take to long to download

goldnugget-Charlotte-NC

Thanks for another GREAT Post. I always enjoy them.

~Chris
Cape Coral, FL :icon_sunny:

Attachments

• th_wow.gif
    th_wow.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 440
  • th_wow.gif
    th_wow.gif
    16.1 KB · Views: 429
Buckleboy, Way to go buddy...Another great hunt and of course your pictures and story I alway's enjoy :thumbsup:

Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Buckleboy ~

You have truly outdone yourself with this outstanding post ...

The amount of effort you put into your hunts is obviously reflected in the quality and exuberance of expertise you portray.

Your photographic skills are of National Geographic quality and your writings near rival Shakespeare. Please continue to regale us with charm and professionalism you so well adverse.

Thank you again ~ A true asset to the TreasureNet community ...

~ Nick ~

LOL--You're Embarrassing me, Nick! :-*

Looks like some old posts of mine have gotten bumped up. This one was a fun hunt, with not too many ticks as I recall. :P That was before harvest, when everything was wide open for the hunting.

Best Wishes,

Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back