DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well I have finally been successful in landing a job that I have been chasing for several years. I am on my way to Nashville. Report date is January 4. I have probably done my last surf hunt for a good while since I will spend the next few weeks getting my house ready to go on the market, but will carry on the water hunt in the fresh stuff in and around the beaches of the recreational lakes and swimming holes of Tennessee. My mother lives in the Florida Panhandle so I will get a beach hunt in at least once a year when I come down to visit.

The move will be a good opportunity also for me to get back into Relic Hunting there since the area saw a great deal of activity during the War for Southern Independence. Maybe I can use my water experience to get into underwater relic recovery in the rivers there. (I know, I will have to read up on the Tennessee Laws!)

I have really learned a ton from you guys although I never met most of you personally. I feel like I know you all pretty well. I brought 20 years plus of relic hunting experience with me here but still learned a lot about the nuances of sand and surf hunting. Never got to do the big Treasure Coast Hunt after a storm. There wasn't any storms! I got here in 2005 and it has been fairly quiet on the TCoast since I got here but you can bet I will beat feet back down in a hurry when the time comes.

I will keep reading and posting on here. Hopefully I will get a chance to take what I have learned in the salt water and apply it to the fresh.

Keep on hunting and posting. I enjoy reading about your finds as much as I enjoy finding stuff myself.

You are all a great bunch of folks.

DaChief

Upvote 0

JP

Bronze Member
May 5, 2006
Florida & San Salvador, El Salvador
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 1000, Garrett Infinium LS, Garrett Sea Hunter II, Ace 250 (for my 12 year old son)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
DaChief,

Good luck with your new job. At least you will still be able to hunt, even if it's not in the water it still counts :thumbsup: We look forward to seeing pictures of your finds there.

JP

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
Good luck my friend. A move like that will surely open up lots of new possibilities. I hope the new job will work out well for you :icon_sunny:

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Sounds like a great opportunity awaits you there, and I wish you the best. Maybe we can get together when I am there visiting my dad sometime. He lives over in knoxville, but not sure the distance between them. But all in time, get there first and have fun with your now life :).

gold-digger

Jul 4, 2006
Gulf Coast, Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excals & Quattro
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hey Chief, Nice meeting you over the summer. Wish there was more to find down here, but its been bleak. Wishing you lots of luck and prosperity in the new job. I'm sure you'll finds some cool new places to hunt.

Paul

finderzzs

Bronze Member
May 2, 2007
Sunny South Florida
Detector(s) used
White's PI Pro Dual Field, Garrett Ace 350,
But...But...I'm just going to be getting back to Florida...... :icon_salut: Super good luck with the new position my Friend. And hopefully I'll see ya when your on vacation. Aloha

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
work is what makes playtime possible (good luck one the new job)--- yep lots of civil war items in tenn --but know the laws as always.

TVA has detecting permits you can apply for -- tenn state parks a no no I think sadly

JoeSWFla

Jun 15, 2007
DaChief,Good luck on the new job.You are indeed lucky to be going to a new job,as many are
losing their's.Much to be thankful for.Too bad you have to leave Florida,but there is plenty to
hunt in every state.Look forward to post from your new location.HH,Joe

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
Good luck on the new job and I am sure you will find some good water up there to dunk the LS ;D

The-Bone

Nov 13, 2007
North East,Pa
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250, Whites Silver Eagle, BHID,M6,CZ21
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
best of luck Chief! will miss reading your beachhunting adventures...keep posting please...you have helped me greatly with the many water detecting questions i have asked about.
Bone

Northern Lights

Sep 15, 2008
Georgian Bay Lake Huron, 2 hrs N. of Toronto
Detector(s) used
whites surfmaster pulse, tesoro silver sabre, fisher 1280x
all the best on the new job Chief, I hope to leave Arizona behind me next winter and try Florida, maybe you can clue me into the beaches around Clearwater, as some of our home town tennis players winter in that area and we hope to join them there for tennis and I can also get some shallow water hunting in and meet some of the locals.

regards Terry

Dirt Fishin Dale

Aug 23, 2006
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Excal 1000, Binford 5000 super hunter
Good diggins in Tenn. Good luck on your new job. I miss those relics, so send send pics.

FLauthor

Aug 22, 2004
Minneola, FL
Detector(s) used
Excalibur 800; Fisher F5; White Beachmaster VLF
Primary Interest:
Forts, Camps and Batteries of Tennessee is available at Kellyco. I know about at least one CSA campsite that someone found after reading my book. I think the TH'er lives on the site as I never heard another word from the guy, lol. ;D

FlAuthor

andre

Jun 17, 2007
DaChief, I moved to Crossville and now Byrdstown, Tennessee from West Palm Beach, Fla about 20 years ago. I love it up here except when it gets to cold to MD. I am about 2 1/2 hours from Knoxville and Nashville Tennessee. Welcome to Tennesse. Frenchfry

Ray S ECenFL

Silver Member
Feb 17, 2007
East Central Florida WP
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT / M6
DaChier,

Best of luck on your new job and your new hunting gounds.

Keep posting when you settle in.

Bring your long underwear......LOL

Currently: 38°F

Fair

39°F | 26°F
Tomorrow

Partly Cloudy

55°F | 42°F
Tuesday

Showers/Wind

61°F | 50°F

Ray S

guzz1

Bronze Member
Nov 7, 2007
Sarasota
Detector(s) used
Vanquish 540 . Carrot
Primary Interest:
Good luck Jim,,, guzz1

OP
OP
DaChief

DaChief

Bronze Member
Sep 16, 2007
Middle Tennessee
Detector(s) used
-------(Water)------- Garrett Infinium (Relic and Coin) Minelab Sov. Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks to everybody for your responses. I will really miss the water hunts in the surf. But!!! I will finally get to get back into fresh water without worrying about the beasties eating me. I have not been in freshwater since I have lived in Florida. I told my wife not to leave water in the bathtub too long because a Gator would surely show up!

I will get back into the saddle quickly with the relic hunting and as soon as I get my TVA Permit, I will be back in the water in Tennessee also.

Thanks again to all my friends. I will have to post some relics on here every now and then to let you see what you are missing.

Looks like I am going to have to learn to like Country Music all over again. I am from the deep woods of Alabama but only went through a country kick back in the early 90's for a couple of years.

Take care and thanks again for all of the replies.

DaChief

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chief your moving out of the Florida, hate to hear your leaving, of course it means the beaches want be picked so clean when I go that way, but still hate to hear your moving..................

Good luck up there, lot of relics to hunt for......I would be hitting the battlefields hard.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread