Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Went again to the new farm on the list. till now we got 7 Silver coins out of this field, 4 Roman Denarii and today 3 medival hammered. Roman coins were scarce with only three in the pouch. Killer day with the three hammereds tho! :headbang:

Lead
31663534io.jpg

Buckle
31663537zr.jpg

Coins and buttons
31663538dz.jpg

31663539fw.jpg

Roman coins with a better than usual Sestercius, two scrappies and whats left of a Roman Vulva mount
31663544zs.jpg

Two hammered, left looks like a Konrad von Hochstaden Cologne mint, rigth one IS Konrad von Hochstaden (1238-1261). How big is the chance to get two different coins of the same Bishop in the same field?
31663549wg.jpg

31663552qm.jpg

Now the the third Silver today. Looks a medieval hammered too. Never got a coin encrusted like this before. It will take days to remove the thick layer of rust.
31663555rp.jpg

31663556qb.jpg

Rob found a French Infantry button 2 days ago, looks like i got an officers button today.
31663553my.jpg

Fun find of the day: a matching fork to the tea spoon i found last sunday there...
31663562xt.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Upvote 25

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Roman & Hammered, great field!

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ah Lu, you're back on the silver. With all the iron, does that mean it might not have been detected before? Good luck and go find some gold.

It has detected before but not the way we do. :laughing9: And the loads of trash and iron kept the nighthawks away + the field has the farm on it as well.

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about the lead? Any idea WF?

HCW

Bronze Member
Feb 5, 2007
Metro west ,Boston
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Whites MXT "retired"
I love the hammered, but something about those utensils is what hits me the hardest.

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What about the lead? Any idea WF?

Mostly musket balls of any caliber. We found everything from pistol shot to 22mm hunks, but no Minie balls. The rest looks like the usual lead you find on any ancient settlement except the cut in half disc with hole. No idea on that.

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I love the hammered, but something about those utensils is what hits me the hardest.

Coming of the same set and probably lost together but found with nearly 100 Yards between them.

rebbel31

Aug 1, 2014
Bavaria, Germany
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Whites V3i, Xp deus, Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Lou looks like a great field, hammered and Roman in the same spot. , jealous. I'm learning my deus quickly hope to go dirtfishin on the westront soon.

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mostly musket balls of any caliber. We found everything from pistol shot to 22mm hunks, but no Minie balls. The rest looks like the usual lead you find on any ancient settlement except the cut in half disc with hole. No idea on that.

In all my sites, where the latest object is from 15th cent, i have found a great number of musket balls. Thats why im asking. It is so strange that i can find the muskets but nothing else from the 16th centuary and later!!

OP
OP
Westfront

Westfront

Silver Member
Jun 15, 2010
Germania Secunda
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
In all my sites, where the latest object is from 15th cent, i have found a great number of musket balls. Thats why im asking. It is so strange that i can find the muskets but nothing else from the 16th centuary and later!!

Here a couple battles were fought so at least practice shooting just outside the town gate was in order. I guess thats what it is on most fields with more than the usual one or two musket balls. You can discover a lot looking at the caliber of the musket balls. Large caliber usually are military, small most likely civilian. In 19thC. military still used calibers in the 18mm range! I read somewhere Generals of that time said small calibers are not for "tough soldiers hands".

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread