headphone comfort

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
Just got new Gray Ghost phones installed on my Excalibur. Sound quality and fit is much better than the original Koss phones, so with that I am happy.
Problem is ear abrasion..... Big ears I guess.....

Does anyone else have this issue? and what do you do to add to the comfort? Padded inserts?

I don't dive, just wade in the surf. Any input would be appreciated. HH Gayle

Upvote 0

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Which Greyghosts, the under water or amphibians?

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
They do hurt my ears at times. I guess I have big ears too. They press on them pretty well. I've found that if they are in any position other than straight up and down while fitted on your head then they will start to get irritable.
I got scared the other night. I was hunting around 2 am with the moon behind a thick cloud layer. It was about as dark as it can be at the beach and there were people partying about 1/4 mile away. Well, after a bit of hunting your ears will sweat inside of the phones and there's a water escape. The phones make a depressurization sound ( sort of like a squeak or a dog whimpering) and it scared the CRAP out of me. I thought someone was behind me in the dark. Gold can play tricks on your mind when mixed with red bull. :dontknow:

OWK

Apr 26, 2014
North Central Md
Detector(s) used
Fisher F70, F75
Garrett Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My biggest problem with headphones, is that they overheat me, and make me sweat on warm days.

ears radiate a lot of heat.

Big muff headphones trap a lot of heat.

OP
OP
R

rsc

Mar 6, 2005
Noth of Houston
Treasure Hunter. They do not have any controls, toggles, or any info printed on them except Grayghost, so I assume they are not amphibians. I guess they are like a lot of people..... Very good just a bit abrasive.... lol

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
I can't complain at all about my grey ghost amphibians except that yes my ears overheat but what do you expect. A tight seal, great sound quality..

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Im the other side of the coin....... smaller ears that after awhile do hurt. Gel pad upgrade helps. That water deflector cover inside the muff area doesnt help in my case. Someone answer a question for me. Are the CTX phones GGA or GGU? Are there two kinds of GGA....... one with the volume control?

jeepGold

Sep 7, 2014
Vegas
Detector(s) used
CTX3030, Nox800
Primary Interest:
I'm running GGA onyou excal and I believe I modded them with the ctx plugs via OBN.

ReidMan

Jul 16, 2008
Hampton, VA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
F75 main, Infinium water, TDI red dirt, 1266x if I feel like digging iron.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Install jell ear cups can be bought for $20 or so a huge improvement.

lorraine

Silver Member
Dec 15, 2010
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
I just received my "Gray Ghost Nugget Busters"; nice clear sounds and no uncomfortable ( except when I forget to remove my earrings before using).

They do add to the summer heat..I think the material that they are made of , or could be some other reason.

I can't wait for the cooler weather , and especially winter months when they will keep my ears warm , I hope.

Lorraine

migrider56

Mar 1, 2013
Copperas Cove, TX
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800, Minelab CTX3030,Minelab xterra 705, Excalibur 1000, Excalibur ii 1000, Garrett GTI 2000, Garrett Ace 250, Whites DFX, V3I, Mx sport
Dewcon4414, the headphones I got for my ctx were the GGU they didn't have the GGA for the CTX. The GGA have the volume control The GGU doesn't and not sure if they sell the GGA for the CTX at this time.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions